Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/16/2013 10:44:13 PM EDT
Arfcom's favorite idiot reporter, Dan Baum, had a piece in the Saturday Wall Street journal on guns. I think it's still behind a pay wall.

Parts are unobjectionable. Mostly the parts where he's striving to establish his cred as a gun owner. After doing the equivalent of John Kerry shooting ducks, he advances the idea that things would be much better for gun owners if they called out other gun owners for being unsafe.

Dan, democrats are unalterably opposed to gun ownership. That's why the party is trying to ban as many guns as it can at the national and state level. Gun safety is irrelevant to their antipathy. They aren't going to give up if gun owners keep them in a safe.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 10:57:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Him and his gay fucking pink hat can choke on a dick
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 11:19:02 PM EDT
[#3]
i gave both email and in-person interviews for his book, specifically dealing with the prepping issue.  interested to see if i was included, and how my comments were represented.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 11:29:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
i gave both email and in-person interviews for his book, specifically dealing with the prepping issue.  interested to see if i was included, and how my comments were represented.

WHY??

That twat is an enemy and traitor to our country.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 11:35:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Ok,

what i know and have heard about this cocksucker, I dont like him.

I have to admit though...

Everything he said in the WSJ video that was featured, I cant disagree with.

If you have kids, mentally ill people, etc around the home they should not have access to your firearm.

He didnt pro-port to be a govt has a solution to gun violence individual.

He was honest and called himself a liberal democrat. And his firearm was in a safe that he could push "3" buttons to access it.

From all of the bullshit that was generated by his visit to ARFCOM years ago, I really dont feel he gave us (gun owners) a bad turn by this news story.

My 2c
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 11:43:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Lock up your guns? Fine. But don't think that that will stop difi or Obama or McCarthy from trying to take them away. That's the bs part. He's running interference for his lefty friends, and attacking the NRA as extremists at the same time.

At best he's a fudd.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 11:47:09 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

WHY??

That twat is an enemy and traitor to our country.

we exchanged a few emails, and i checked out some of his columns about guns.  this made me confident that he was representing himself honestly on the issue.  he wanted to understand the prepping mentality, and i think that it would be a good idea if more people started thinking realistically about prepping in general, and the role of guns within the preparedness picture.

as for the rest, i make it a point to interact with people with whom i disagree.  living in an echo chamber is not conducive to wisdom.

Link Posted: 2/16/2013 11:54:24 PM EDT
[#8]
I have no problem calling out other gun owners for being unsafe.  But given this guy's history and the fact that the gun grabbers use "gun safety" as a euphemism for "no guns," I figure we're not talking about the same thing.

And calling these people shooters is like calling every 14 year-old douche that fucks around in a guitar store while his mom gets her nails done a guitarist.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top