Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/27/2003 1:07:21 PM EDT
I was out of town for a week and forgot to lock the shell on my truck. In the back I had a small toolbox with all my gun supplies. And I come back to find someone took it!!

Fucking people in this world, thing is it was loaded with stuff no one could sell or use much unless they were into firearms.

This is what I lost:

-All my cleaning jags, brushes, mops etc.
-punch set
-rubber mallet
-armorer's wrench
-cleaning rods
-gunsmithing screwdriver set
-Leatherman
-various AR goodies like extra gas rings, disco, springs, extra grip.
-some extra scope rings
-various cleaning and lube chemicals
-torx wrenches
-allen wrenches

Pisses me off, hope the little bastard puts it to use cleaning his stolen guns he probably has from other victims!
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 1:11:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Could have been worse, you could have had the entire truck stolen like happened to me 3 months ago.
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 1:12:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Fuck it, my truck has full coverage!
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 1:14:33 PM EDT
[#3]
My truck had liability only...
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 1:35:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Damnit, that blows.  Sorry to hear it.

Theives suck.

-HS
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 1:35:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Bummer, I am only out a couple hundred bucks.
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 1:52:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Keep you house REALLY secure, because they now know you have guns inside.
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 2:16:17 PM EDT
[#7]
As opposed to the stuff stolen and your lock on your cover busted open you got off lucky.

My brother has a BMW convertible. He always leaves it unlocked because it will either be stolen or the top destroyed and then stolen, so he's better off without the top being destroyed to break in.
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 2:41:52 PM EDT
[#8]
I am hoping they don't know exactly which unit I live in. I live in a nice white neighborhood near a golf course, thought I was safe. Fuckers, i would like to catch the bastard and take him for a little ride...
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 4:54:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Of course they come to nice neighborhoods to steal. What you think they got any quality goods to steal from thier own neighborhoods.
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 4:57:22 PM EDT
[#10]
if only you where there to shoot the POS
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 5:27:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Keep you house REALLY secure, because they now know you have guns inside.
View Quote

Damn, this is something to think about, they probably know your schedule.
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 5:33:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Atleast they did not break into my cab, I have a tool box behind the seat loaded with auto tools. It is in my extracab and covered up with a tarp. Hoping if they cannot see it through the window they won't be as inclined to break in and get it.

Link Posted: 11/27/2003 5:51:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Homeowner's (or rental homeowner's) insurance covers that type of thing.
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 1:47:46 AM EDT
[#14]
think:  PAWN SHOPS
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 5:10:56 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I am hoping they don't know exactly which unit I live in. I live in a nice white neighborhood near a golf course, thought I was safe. Fuckers, i would like to catch the bastard and take him for a little ride...
View Quote

Hey dog ya gotta beef up security. My Mother was telling me about a armed breakin that happend up in Thornton recently, home owner was tied up and robbed. Also a string of breakins was reported in Northglenn area, saw this on 9News website.

Stay safe!
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 6:16:50 AM EDT
[#16]
That sucks man. I went to a friends house one day after work and just drove my service truck over there. I was parked in the front yard, in plain view of the window in front of the house. Next thing I knew, someone pulled up in their car, jumped out, and grabbed one of my tool boxes off of the back of the truck and sped off. All of this in the middle of the daylight. Just pisses me off. It would be so nice to catch someone in the act where you could do something about it...
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 6:53:43 AM EDT
[#17]
[b]
Quoted:
As opposed to the stuff stolen and your lock on your cover busted open you got off lucky.

My brother has a BMW convertible. He always leaves it unlocked because it will either be stolen or the top destroyed and then stolen, so he's better off without the top being destroyed to break in.
View Quote
[/b]

Time for him to buy/use a different car.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top