Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 4:38:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Interesting. Unfortunately here we don't have interesting things to dig up, besides unexploded civil war ordnance....
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 5:07:37 AM EDT
[#2]
In this day and age, why the fuck does an article like that NOT HAVE A FUCKING PICTURE??
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 5:11:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
In this day and age, why the fuck does an article like that NOT HAVE A FUCKING PICTURE??
View Quote

I see a picture. Do you not?
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 5:55:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/20/2015 5:57:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Searching thru the garage after reading, no luck.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 6:03:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I do to.

Also food for thought. The NC gold rush was started because of a similar story

Farmer used some gold rock they found as a door stop for years until someone realized it was a huge nugget.

Link Posted: 1/20/2015 7:14:02 AM EDT
[#7]
My Dad was a HUGE hoarder. His 2 1/2 car garage was full of stuff, some of which he'd hauled out from Kansas in 1959, when we cleaned it out in 2002. We had a good and profitable sale on his house so we didn't have time to search through stuff. We hauled up some large 40-yd dumpsters and junked about 80% of the stuff.

Since then I have avoided watching Antiques Road Show.

"We have a very well-preserved genuine 1850s gewgaw, commonly found in the Midwest; most were destroyed in the Civil War. I estimate that your find is worth at least $80,000, Martha. But you're not going to give away a family heirloom, are you?"

"Are  you shitting me, Mark? I found this in a..."
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 7:45:14 AM EDT
[#8]
If everyone doesn't throw their stuff away, then it will never become valuable.

It's kind of like that movie Predestination.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top