Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/2/2004 12:34:03 PM EDT
...nothing!

We walked in, we showed our IDs, our names were on the rolls, we got our voting cards and voted on the touchscreen machines...straight Republican across the board...no problems at all!

Chalk up 2 more for BUSH!!!
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 12:42:46 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
...nothing!

We walked in, we showed our IDs, our names were on the rolls, we got our voting cards and voted on the touchscreen machines...straight Republican across the board...no problems at all!

Chalk up 2 more for BUSH!!!

+2 here !
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 12:42:59 PM EDT
[#2]
I almost got a paper cut on my tongue last week when sealing my early ballot.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 12:45:01 PM EDT
[#3]
I would never vote by computer if I could help it.  COmputers are too untrustworthy.  I prefer to have a real, solid ballot to hand in.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 12:47:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Went in at 4:30, no lines no trouble.

Bomber
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 12:48:19 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I almost got a paper cut on my tongue last week when sealing my early ballot.

Thanks for the friggin cringing goosebumps and curled spine...............Damn, the thought of a paper cut on your tongue! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 12:48:55 PM EDT
[#6]
two more FLORIDA votes - YES
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 12:50:08 PM EDT
[#7]

+6  Long line.  Most civil bunch I've seen in a while.  Nobody outside the polls and not even one button on a shirt.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 12:51:35 PM EDT
[#8]
+ 1 vote for Bush here

Link Posted: 11/2/2004 12:52:41 PM EDT
[#9]
+2 for W here in Indiana!
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 12:56:58 PM EDT
[#10]
You're lucky. My close friend Barb went to vote today in Phoenixville, Pa. She was told by the person there that her name was not on the list and couldn't vote. This person happens to be her DEMOCRATIC neighbor and Barb has a large BUSH/CHENEY sign in front of her house. She then went and called voter registration services and was told that she went to right polling place. She went back and another worker found her name with no problem in the registration book. It was there plain as day and she was able to cast her vote. We're thinking about filing a complaint. I wonder how much this is happening?
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 1:04:38 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
You're lucky. My close friend Barb went to vote today in Phoenixville, Pa. She was told by the person there that her name was not on the list and couldn't vote. This person happens to be her DEMOCRATIC neighbor and Barb has a large BUSH/CHENEY sign in front of her house. She then went and called voter registration services and was told that she went to right polling place. She went back and another worker found her name with no problem in the registration book. It was there plain as day and she was able to cast her vote. We're thinking about filing a complaint. I wonder how much this is happening?

By all means, report it...
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 1:08:36 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I would never vote by computer if I could help it.  COmputers are too untrustworthy.  I prefer to have a real, solid ballot to hand in.

I had a paper ballot GH and I did hand it in... to a computer reader/counter No gettin' around it and soon we'll all have nothing but PC based voting machines.

I hope they get the technology worked out and I can vote from home and not have to wear pants when I exercise my right
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 1:09:29 PM EDT
[#13]
You have to show ID?

Straight Republican huh?  Not a single libertarian or democrat that bettter supported your views? Not even in the local races for city council, school board, judicial races?
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 1:10:32 PM EDT
[#14]
+2 here, my wife and I down here in FLA
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 1:12:31 PM EDT
[#15]
+2  

Girlfriend and I in VA.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 1:25:46 PM EDT
[#16]
I was the only one there when I went, just after lunch.  There had been a pretty heavy turn out from the early morning crowd though, judging by the numbers.  I was bummed to see the neighbors pile in the car and head off, because I knew where they were going and, by their yard signs, who they were voting for.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 1:30:18 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 1:51:09 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
You have to show ID?

Straight Republican huh?  Not a single libertarian or democrat that bettter supported your views? Not even in the local races for city council, school board, judicial races?

Nope...several of the local Republican candidates are running unopposed, and the only Libertarian of note was Badnarik, and I wasn't gonna take a vote away from Bush to vote for him...remember, I live in FLORIDA!
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 1:52:53 PM EDT
[#19]
Wife and I are going after supper.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top