Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/11/2005 8:05:32 AM EDT
It happened early this morning in Woodford County, Kentucky along I-64. Evidently they'd been taunting and harassing each other on the interstate for a very long distance. Finally, one Marine who had his wife and kid in the car retrieved a (officially called a MAK-90 but was actually an SAR-1 based on the video I saw) from his backseat and opened fire on the other Marines.

Luckily, nobody was critically wounded. But one of the Marines was transported to the hospital with a fragment wound.

And what's even worse, evidently neither car knew the other contained Marines. One of the guys was scheduled to head to Iraq next week.

What a crazy story.

-CH
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 8:07:19 AM EDT
[#1]
i am thinking some of this problems might be from getting back from deployements, i just read about the Marine that shot a cop yesterday.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 8:09:35 AM EDT
[#2]
just wondering why do you think its a sar as opposed to a mak90? lack of butthole stock?

I dont know what it is about a lot of Marines but they sure like to stir up trouble

anyways not to insult there intelligence but didn't they notice that the other guy had a hi and tight?
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 8:11:39 AM EDT
[#3]
I am pretty sure they said all of these guys were active duty, but they didn't mention if any had been on previous deployments. Two were based in Quantico. They didn't say where the other was based. One of the guys was sceduled to deploy next week however. Not sure if it was the shooter or one of the victims.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 8:14:00 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
just wondering why do you think its a sar as opposed to a mak90? lack of butthole stock?

It had the thin black plastic pistol grip and typically Romanian furniture. Plus, the bolt had an all black finish as opposed to the bare metal type appearance of the Norinco MAK's bolt.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 8:14:25 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
It happened early this morning in Woodford County, Kentucky along I-64. Evidently they'd been taunting and harassing each other on the interstate for a very long distance. Finally, one Marine who had his wife and kid in the car retrieved a (officially called a MAK-90 but was actually an SAR-1 based on the video I saw) from his backseat and opened fire on the other Marines.

Luckily, nobody was critically wounded. But one of the Marines was transported to the hospital with a fragment wound.

And what's even worse, evidently neither car knew the other contained Marines. One of the guys was scheduled to head to Iraq next week.

What a crazy story.

-CH

unreal. seems a lot of those coming back for a break from the war, are not fairing well mentally
Chris

Chris
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 8:18:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Transitioning from warrior back to civilian in the few hours it takes to leave the combat zone and arrive home again is always tough.

But again, I heard nothing to suggest either of the 3 Marines involved were ever in the sandbox, so we can't automatically say "combat fatigue" is the cause here.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 9:05:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Fucking morons. Just back from the war or not, this is simply unacceptable. Sounds like both sides where possibly wrong, one set of Marines for harrassing strangers, and the other breaking out an AK and shooting at people for fucking with him, in front of his family no less.

Yet again the actions of a few disgrace the rest of us.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 9:12:19 AM EDT
[#8]
Acting like idiots.........
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 9:19:42 AM EDT
[#9]
There are morons in every branch, yes even in the Marines.

Link Posted: 1/11/2005 9:20:05 AM EDT
[#10]
the Marine that killed one cop and critically wounded another cop in California yesterday was only 19 years old, they said he spent 7 months in Iraq and was scedualed to report back to Camp Pendelton and go back to Iraq but he never reported back to Camp Pendelton.

the news showed a surveilence video of the shooting from the mini mart where it happened, the Marine was standing outside wearing a rain poncho, then when the police arrived he threw up his poncho over his shoulder and swung out a rifel that looked like and SKS and shot the officer.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 9:57:25 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I dont know what it is about a lot of Marines but they sure like to stir up trouble

anyways not to insult there intelligence but didn't they notice that the other guy had a hi and tight?

Not to insult anyones intelligence but do you know the difference between "there" and "their"?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top