Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/22/2006 6:37:37 PM EDT
Anyone else watching?

The last goal (Dallas' 4th) was totally sweet.  Good steal along the boards by Dallas, a chip up the boards, sweet pass to the slot, picked the corner.

Link Posted: 3/22/2006 6:45:20 PM EDT
[#1]
NORM GREEN STILL SUCKS!

Link Posted: 3/22/2006 6:46:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Wish I could, I don't have OLN or the NHL package.

When the Wings aren't on, I'll watch any hockey game.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 6:49:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Sorry bud.

They never should've moved.

Edit - I don't have OLN or the hockey package either.  

Every now and then Fox Sports shows a Stars game here.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 6:50:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Well, I am pleased to report that Marty Turco has company in Pavel Datsyuk's "Deked out of their jock strap" club, Nashville's Vokoun was joined the illustrious club.  
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 6:52:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Good night, game over, drive home safely.

Oh, and Go Habs!  
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 6:56:05 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Well, I am pleased to report that Marty Turco has company in Pavel Datsyuk's "Deked out of their jock strap" club, Nashville's Vokoun was joined the illustrious club.  

That shot by Datsyuk last nite was unreal! Datsyuk is fun as hell to watch. Just when you thought you'd seen it all, there he goes with some other crazy puckhandling madness.

Not bad for a 7th rnd draft pick, eh?

Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:02:52 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That shot by Datsyuk last nite was unreal! Datsyuk is fun as hell to watch. Just when you thought you'd seen it all, there he goes with some other crazy puckhandling madness.

Most of the season, the flashy moves were gone but the last 15 games or so, good lord he has been  making my jaw drop and saying "holy shit, what a move".   Best eye/hand coordination in the league bar none and basically Barry Sanders on skate's to boot.

How about ole Zetterberg, not bad for a 6th rounder.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:06:43 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

w00t! Dontsuck has the (I believe the current espression is) sickest hands I have ever seen on a player IN A GAME. Lots of guys dipsy-doodle like that in practice. Heck, I have been impressed with how some enforcer types can dangle the puck... but when the whistle goes and the puck drops, they're just goons again. Strange, that. Datsyuk is like that all the time.

That Nashville/Detroit game was one that obviously I would have liked the Wings to win, but frankly, neither team deserved to lose. I'm not a fan of the shootout! Exciting, I admit - yes! A valid way to end a hockey game...? Not so much!
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:07:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Here is the Datsyuk goal last night, Enjoy. Datsyuk goal
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:08:19 PM EDT
[#10]
fuck hockey, its a Canadian sport filled with Canadians, French Canadians, and Russians.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:08:48 PM EDT
[#11]
I had to pass on tickets to the game.  2 rows behind bench too.  
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:11:35 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:I'm not a fan of the shootout! Exciting, I admit - yes! A valid way to end a hockey game...? Not so much!

I agree. It's fun to watch, but it's just not the way to conclude a game.

SUDDEN DEATH! That's how a hockey game ends, dammit!
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:13:59 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Here is the Datsyuk goal last night, Enjoy. Datsyuk goal

I don't care for shootouts (I'm a goalie), but that was pretty sweet.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:14:56 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
filled with Canadians, French Canadians, and Russians.

oh noes! teh evil kommie pinkos!  [run + hide]
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:16:20 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

But, but but the red wings are bought and paid for......they don't know how to draft!!! They just buy players when they need 'em. They're the yankees of the NHL!!

Holland just got lucky with Fedorov, Lidstrom, Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Holmstrom, Williams, Kronwall, etc, etc  as draft picks!
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:18:04 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:I'm not a fan of the shootout! Exciting, I admit - yes! A valid way to end a hockey game...? Not so much!

I don't care for the shootout neither, it doesn't reward TEAM play, just the team with the best breakaway shooters.   Hockey is a team game and should remain so.  God, I how I would enjoy throwing that jackass Bettman out a window.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:24:18 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't care for the shootout neither, it doesn't reward TEAM play, just the team with the best breakaway shooters.   Hockey is a team game and should remain so.  God, I how I would enjoy throwing that jackass Bettman out a window.

Wow dude, sorry to Hijack your thread! Got a little carried away there. Sorry.

I agree count Bettman is a euro ass kisser.

I'd like to see shhotout goals attributed to player/goalie stats. Yzerman would be 1 closer to 700 that way

Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:31:15 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wow dude, sorry to Hijack your thread! Got a little carried away there. Sorry.

I agree count Bettman is a euro ass kisser.

I'd like to see shhotout goals attributed to player/goalie stats. Yzerman would be 1 closer to 700 that way

Don't get me going on Bettman, if I had my way Scotty Bowman would be Commish, that way he could screw with all the players, coaches, and owners minds plus he has forgotten more hockey in a nanosecond than Bettman will ever know.

The Captain had a pretty sweet goal too, about time Babcock put him out there on shootouts.  Yzerman was always a lights out breakaway scorer, not much hope for a goalie one-on-one with him.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:40:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Larry Robinson would be another good commish. Old school North American Hockey.

As far as Yzerman goes, he's been playing pretty well lately and putting him in the shootout (whether he scored or not) brought the Detroit crowd to its feet. It's just his presence on the ice. Babcock is no fool. He knew what he was doing.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:41:40 PM EDT
[#20]
People other than canadians watch hockey?
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:50:46 PM EDT
[#21]
I hate shootouts and I hate Bettman.

He was a friggin' basketball a-hole before coming to the NHL.  What's up with that?!

Plus he's gay.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:56:44 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I hate shootouts and I hate Bettman.

He was a friggin' basketball a-hole before coming to the NHL.  What's up with that?!

Plus he's gay.

Plus he looks llike the count de-count from sesame street.

1. 1 shoot out tonite. Ah ah ah

ETA: THe basketball background explains his obsession with a whistle blowing every 2 seconds.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 10:58:45 PM EDT
[#23]
I've been a Dallas Stars fan since they came to Dallas(thanks Minnesota).  I loved watching the older badasses like Ludwig, Carboneau(his daughter is smokin), etc.  It was a fun style of hockey.

"The New NHL" aint bad though.  I'll be the dissenter in this thread in saying that I actually enjoy the shootout.  I grew tired of teams making it to the playoffs, simply because they had a shitload of ties.  Thats no way to earn a playoff spot.  Some teams would actually play for the tie.  There's nothing lamer than hanging out with friends after a game and saying,"Yeah! We tied those mother fuckers! w00t!".

Datsyuk is pretty filthy.  He' got the moves, but I like Dallas' rook, Joekinnen.  Fucker had a goal and a pair of first assists tonight, but the kid is money in the shootout.  I think he is either 9 for 9 or 10 for 10.  His moves are just nasty, and whats worse is he has stated that Coach Tippet hasnt allowed him to break out with his other moves.  He said we've just seen a small selection.  If true dear god!

As a whole, I really like the way Dallas is playing this year.  We are one of the teams with a legitimate shot at the cup.  I must say, though, I am fucking tired of playing Edmonton in the first round of the playoffs.  It gets old.  I can only stand so much of that shithead Ryan Smyth.  Why the fuck cant he spell his last name like all the other Smiths.  Bitch.

Lehtinen, the most underated forward.

Zubov, the most underated defenseman

Joekinnen, the most underated rookie
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 5:52:09 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

But, but but the red wings are bought and paid for......they don't know how to draft!!! They just buy players when they need 'em. They're the yankees of the NHL!!

Holland just got lucky with Fedorov, Lidstrom, Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Holmstrom, Williams, Kronwall, etc, etc  as draft picks!

I see what you're doing there... Nicely played. I was all set to get my hackles up about how poorly they draft when you busted the second sentence out there. Bravo!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top