Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/14/2004 5:07:10 AM EDT

Any of you guys use this utility, or another virtual drive/emulator?  What's your take?
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 5:25:27 AM EDT
[#1]
I use it.  It works.  You just point it to your .ISO file and now you have an extra virtual CD drive.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 5:43:01 AM EDT
[#2]

Yeah, I used it for the first time yesterday when some disks that I had burned via BIN/CUE wouldn't work.  Seems like a great utility to have.  No more disks to burn unless you want to store things externally.  
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 5:48:44 AM EDT
[#3]
I make images of all my games and software put them on a server. Map a drive to the location with all the ISO files and mount them to install the games/programs. Its make for a much faster install as well. You are not limited to the speed of the IDE bus but the speed of your network. plus I dont have to remember where I left those darn CD's.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 5:48:56 AM EDT
[#4]
I love it.  I dont have to go searching for a CD everytime I want to play a game.  Every new game I buy immediately gets ripped to .iso

Also great for backing up other software, just in case you lose the CD.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 8:13:58 AM EDT
[#5]

Any suspected spyware with these (free) programs?
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 1:10:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 1:13:44 PM EDT
[#7]
I usually keep a little holy water filled silver bullets on hand. A cross and bible. i havnt had to use them yet. So they must be working.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top