Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/17/2002 5:37:56 PM EDT
Does anyone know how to do a screen capture off a DVD that is either playing or is paused on your PC?

I'd love to get some shots of Saving Private Ryan, The Matrix, etc., and turn them into wallpaper, but whenever I hit the PrtSc button, all I get is a blank image.

Help, and thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 5:48:55 PM EDT
[#1]
What program are you using to play DVDs on your PC?
Link Posted: 6/18/2002 1:15:40 AM EDT
[#2]
I use a Mac and get the same blank screen when trying to take a cap. I'm using the Apple DVD player.
Link Posted: 6/18/2002 1:27:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Try PowerDVD to take screen caps.
Link Posted: 6/18/2002 7:37:31 AM EDT
[#4]

I'm using a DVD player program made by Mediamatics (whoever the hell they are).

Where can I get PowerDVD? Online?
Link Posted: 6/18/2002 7:42:01 AM EDT
[#5]
In order to take screenshots of your DVD movies, you'll have to use the screen capture feature built into the standard programs. Just hitting PrintScreen on your keyboard won't do it. See the Help Files for your specific program.
Link Posted: 6/18/2002 7:42:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I'm using a DVD player program made by Mediamatics (whoever the hell they are).

Where can I get PowerDVD? Online?
View Quote

Email me; I can hook you up with an evaluation version.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top