Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/3/2004 7:25:26 AM EDT
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=117&topic_id=1640
Leave link cold.

. Shyness = Selfishness....to place the social engagement on another is an act of selfishness. And is shy people understood this they would find a way to be more engaging. This must be touted as the new reality....shy is not alluring...it is a selfish act to allow someone to forces the rest of society to engage them...without they having to risk any embarassement....it is selfish only!
I'm such a burden on society
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 7:27:15 AM EDT
[#1]
What if you're not shy, but seem so because you are avoiding contact with apparent dipshits? Are you still a burden?
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 7:30:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
What if you're not shy, but seem so because you are avoiding contact with apparent dipshits? Are you still a burden?
View Quote
LOL!
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 7:32:40 AM EDT
[#3]
I liked this rebuttal:

I am shy. I have trouble interacting with people that I do not know. This is not selfishness, it is just the way I am.

I never thought I would hear such horseshit come from a DUer and a supposed liberal. Do you know anything about psychology? Psychological disorders? Or are you simply talking out of your ass, as I suspect?[/b]

Link Posted: 1/3/2004 7:42:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

No shit.  Why do they assume that shy people [i]want[/i] to interact with others?  They need to examine this compulsion they have to interact with people who would rather be left the hell alone.  It's probably the same gene that makes them interfere with other aspects of our lives, like guns.
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 7:49:41 AM EDT
[#5]
People who emit farts that can clear a room are selfish.  DUers are morons.  Farting DUers are selfish morons. [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 7:51:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 7:58:14 AM EDT
[#7]
I never thought I would hear such horseshit come from a DUer and a supposed liberal
View Quote

[LOL] Really?  They must not spend enough time around DUer's then.
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 8:38:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Liberalism = Selfishness....to place ones social needs on another is an act of selfishness. And if liberals understood this they would find a way to pay for their own shit. This must be touted as the new reality....liberalism is not alluring...it is a selfish act to allow someone to force the rest of society to take care of them...without them having to do anything....it is selfish only!

View Quote

Amen brother, Good spin.
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 10:28:14 AM EDT
[#9]

A penny for your thoughts is a DU ponzi scheme.  

The anonymity of the internet saves them from colossal public embarassment and humiliation.

Link Posted: 1/3/2004 8:32:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top