Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/24/2005 1:35:14 PM EDT
their much hyped (at DU anyway) peace march that is sponsored by pro-terrorist organization, http://www.internationalanswer.org/, has gotten ZERO media coverage.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=show_topics&forum=104

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=show_topics&forum=132

[nelson muntz] Ha ha! [/nm]

Link Posted: 9/24/2005 1:39:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Well it don’t look like those “peace” marches had much of a turnout anyway.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 1:46:43 PM EDT
[#2]
It was on cspan this morning. It would almost be funny if it weren't so pathetic.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 1:50:31 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
It was on cspan this morning. It would almost be funny if it weren't so pathetic.

But that was the extent of the coverage. They were expecting headline news on all the major news outlets. They are even saying that the media is intentionally overcovering Rita to overshadow the march. Fucking dumbasses.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 1:55:27 PM EDT
[#4]
both links are already dead, unless they were supposed to go to a list of forums

txl
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 2:07:37 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
both links are already dead, unless they were supposed to go to a list of forums

txl

They should go to a list of topics. So many topics are about it, that I just linked to the forums.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 2:13:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 2:15:27 PM EDT
[#7]
"Peace march?!"  I never heard anything about any "peace march".

Now, if somebody would throw a good WAR MARCH I might show up!  Yeah, a "march" celebrating war's place as the final and most effective arbiter of major disputes!  Yeah, yeah, I know: "Ooooh-oooh, war is hell, war is so awful, blah-blah-blah!" Yeah-yeah, it's so awful everybody's just quit doing it, now haven't they?!

[DU Society] Oh!  War is so awful!  Let us lay down our arms and celebrate PEACE!  But hark!  What is that?  Why, a field full of lambs!  Come, let us lie down with the lambs of peace!  Ahhh, the lambs, they are so peaceful, soft and fluffy!  The day, it is so beautiful and all is right with the world!  But wait!  What is that pain in my anus?!  Alas, it is a foreign invader who speaks not my language and he is performaing rectal rape upon my peaceful, unarmed person!  Woe is me!  Would that we had an army to defend us!   AAAGGGHHH!  I must squeal like the pig!!!!  [/DU Society]

[John Lennon] Aaaaalll we are saaaaaying, is giiiive waaaaar a chaaaaaance.... [/John Lennon]
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 2:17:13 PM EDT
[#8]
I watched it wall to wall, best humor on TV today!  Ramsey Clark had me in stitches!  I wish the media did cover it, because the American public needed to see these tards screaming all that crap.      
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 2:18:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Gee, I thought you where going to say DU was crying because it's Saturday.  
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 2:33:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Karl Rove called all the major news organizations and threatened to send a hurricane right down the middle of Manhattan if they covered it.  
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 2:43:31 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Karl Rove called all the major news organizations and threatened to send a hurricane right down the middle of Manhattan if they covered it.  

A rare photo of the Halliburton Hurricane Machine (model X-3) on display at the Yolk, North Dakota Fried Chicken and Technology Fair:

Link Posted: 9/24/2005 2:53:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 2:56:12 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

A rare photo of the Halliburton Hurricane Machine (model X-3) on display at the Yolk, North Dakota Fried Chicken and Technology Fair:

img.photobucket.com/albums/0603/Dwoog34/HurricaneMachine.jpg

Is that "the "Time Machine" from the movie?
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 2:59:20 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Is that "the "Time Machine" from the movie?

Stop spoiling all the fun.  There are drunks and liberals out there who'll believe anything we tell them.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 3:07:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Just remember to have Reverend Phelps show up at all DU events.

Link Posted: 9/24/2005 3:10:11 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
www.cnn.com/2005/US/09/24/antiwar.ap/index.html

What a fu*king joke.

That CNN story quotes:

Police Chief Charles H. Ramsey, noting that organizers had hoped to draw 100,000 people, said, "I think they probably hit that.

That is a lie.

I have seen wide shot pictures and there were no where close to 100,000 people there.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 3:13:42 PM EDT
[#17]
When the du cries...my heart soars like a hawk.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 3:18:46 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What a fu*king joke.

That CNN story quotes:

Police Chief Charles H. Ramsey, noting that organizers had hoped to draw 100,000 people, said, "I think they probably hit that.

That is a lie.

I have seen wide shot pictures and there were no where close to 100,000 people there.

For reference.  I don't know how many are here...

Link Posted: 9/24/2005 3:25:27 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What a fu*king joke.

That CNN story quotes:

That is a lie.

For reference.  I don't know how many are here...

us.news3.yimg.com/us.i2.yimg.com/p/rids/20050924/i/r1123866861.jpg

Not ANYWHERE close to 100,000

There might be 20,000 people in that photograph if I had to guess a lot less than 20,000. Look at the spacing among the people there… not very tight.

There is a reason you don’t see pictures of a huge crowd. And anyway getting 100,000 people to a demonstration in DC is no big deal… and they didn’t get that many.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 3:29:31 PM EDT
[#20]
That looks like a little bigger than a 1000 man deployment.  I would say that there are 5000-6000 there tops.  You really can make out the individual people there in that picture.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 3:31:01 PM EDT
[#21]
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/09/24/AR2005092400852.html

Antiwar Protests Commence in Washington

By Miranda S. Spivack
and Petula Dvorak Washington Post Staff Writer
Saturday, September 24, 2005; 6:18 PM

Thousands of protesters against the war in Iraq rallied today in Washington and other U.S. and European cities to demand the return of U.S. troops in what organizers hope will be the largest gathering since the war began more than two years ago.

Protest organizers estimated a crowd of about 200,000 rallied at the Ellipse, then marched around the White House and along Pennsylvania Avenue. Police downgraded the count to about 150,000. The crowd thinned when a misty drizzle began before the afternoon concert on the Washington Monument grounds.

D.C. police and U.S. Park Police said there were no significant problems during the demonstrations and reported three arrests -- one for destruction of property, one for attempted theft, and one for disorderly conduct. Police said all three incidents stemmed from the tearing-down of a construction fence and the destruction of a newspaper box in the 1000 block of 11th Street NW. Police said that some windows were broken at 13th Street, just south of L Street.

The antiwar activities occurred on the same weekend as the fall meetings of the International Monetary Fund and World Bank, which drew several hundred activists who criticized the organization's policies as detrimental to the world's poor.

Protesters came from around the country to the nation's capital, arriving on buses, planes and in cars, carrying signs that read "Bush Lied, Thousands Died," and "End the Occupation," among other messages.

"We believe we are at a tipping point whereby the anti-war sentiment has now become the majority sentiment," said Brian Becker, national coordinator for ANSWER, one of the main antiwar groups coordinating today's events.

Cindy Sheehan, the California mother who drew thousands of demonstrators to her 26-day vigil outside Bush's Texas ranch last month, won a roar of approval when she took the stage before the march. Her 24-year-old son, Casey, was killed in Iraq last year.

"Shame on you," Sheehan admonished, directing that portion of her remarks to members of Congress who backed Bush on the war. "How many more of other people's children are you willing to sacrifice?

She led the crowd in chanting, "Not one more."

President Bush was not around to hear the protesters, assembled just blocks from the White House, although his wife, Laura, was at home hosting authors for a long-planned literary festival on the Mall. Bush had flown out of town on Friday to assess Hurricane Rita recovery efforts. Vice President Cheney was undergoing surgery at George Washington University Hospital to repair aneurysms on the back of his knees.

The protest march, which launched from the Ellipse south of the White House, began shortly after 1 p.m. Protesters planned to cross in front of the White House, a few blocks north, and then traverse the city, finally ending where they began at the Ellipse.

Nearby, at the Washington Monument, an 11-hour concert, featuring folk singer Joan Baez, began in late afternoon.

Link Posted: 9/24/2005 3:34:36 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

img.photobucket.com/albums/0603/Dwoog34/HurricaneMachine.jpg

Link Posted: 9/24/2005 3:36:10 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/09/24/AR2005092400852.html

Antiwar Protests Commence in Washington

Protest organizers estimated a crowd of about 200,000 rallied at the Ellipse, then marched around the White House and along Pennsylvania Avenue. Police downgraded the count to about 150,000. The crowd thinned when a misty drizzle began before the afternoon concert on the Washington Monument grounds.

BULLSHIT.

These are the same police that lied about the numbers at the Million Mom March… where they greatly inflated the numbers and were caught doing it.

ETA If they only got 10,000 turned out in London you can assume they probably got no more than 25,000 out in DC.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top