Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/29/2001 10:10:38 PM EDT
 Can anyone confirm the going dealer price for the DSA STG 58A FAL Carbine? As I remember it was about $735 and $995 retail. Also  does anybody have experience with this rifle? reliable ?well made? What accessories would you add? Thanks for your input!
Raptor
Link Posted: 7/30/2001 3:36:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Try posting this to www.fnfal.com/falfiles.  However, the message board at fn is down at the moment.
Link Posted: 7/30/2001 6:52:03 AM EDT
[#2]
DSA's "kit" FAL runs $995 retail, but you can get it mail order thru a dealer  for  $795 (he makes his transfer fee)

IMO, the DSA FAL is the best gun $795 can buy.

Fit and finish are beautiful. Functions flawless. ROCK solid. Adjustable gas. Mild recoil. CHEAP mags. AND its BLACK as well  [:D]

Get the DSA made scope mount top cover as well.
Link Posted: 7/30/2001 7:49:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Actually,

I think the FALfiles moved to L1A1.com

AFARR
Link Posted: 7/30/2001 9:26:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Garandman -
 Thanks for the info!! My FFL will  order one today! I elected to go with the 16 inch carbine. I don't think I'll lose a great deal of .308 performance (accuracy/power). What do you think? I like the portablity that the carbine should give.
 I'll also get the DSA scope mount you suggested as well perhaps a Trijicon Reflex II. good match??
Thanks again!!
raptor
Link Posted: 7/30/2001 9:36:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Garandman -
 Thanks for the info!! My FFL will  order one today! I elected to go with the 16 inch carbine. I don't think I'll lose a great deal of .308 performance (accuracy/power). What do you think? I like the portablity that the carbine should give.
 I'll also get the DSA scope mount you suggested as well perhaps a Trijicon Reflex II. good match??
Thanks again!!
raptor
View Quote

My next FAL will probably be the 16" DSA. Sweet lookin'.

They do say that teh 16" is LOOUUUDDDDD!!!!!!!!! And the 16" barrel doesn't affect accuracy that much, so I am told. The FAL wasn't designed to be a sniper rifle anyway.

I WISH they would make a 16" FAl in .223. Now that would be kewl!!!!

re: the Reflexx II -

I LOVE mine!!! (mines an .40 S&W AR upper)  It is IMO simply the best sight available, if you want BOTH short and long range out of your sight. I''ve never really thought about putting it on a .308. Should work fine tho.

I plan to scope my FAL with teh Tasco 10x42 Super Sniper (I know - corny name. But GREAT scope.) with QD rings.

Link Posted: 7/30/2001 10:22:41 AM EDT
[#6]
I posted chronograph results for a 21" and 18" barrelled STG kitguns on the FAL forum. Using milsurp, the difference in velocity was less than 25 fps per inch.

Garandman, a few of us have been pestering DSA for a while to come copy the .223 version. Haven't heard any recent updates. We simply need more than the 1500 SAR-48/4800's that were imported.
Link Posted: 7/30/2001 12:02:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I WISH they would make a 16" FAl in .223. Now that would be kewl!!!!
View Quote

Well, they DID make one, sorta...it was called the FN CAL if I recall correctly.  Not many made it into the country.  Don't see the appeal myself...you wind up with a rifle that's too heavy for the caliber.
Link Posted: 7/30/2001 1:00:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
[b]The FAL wasn't designed to be a sniper rifle anyway.[/b]

[b]I plan to scope my FAL with teh Tasco 10x42 Super Sniper (I know - corny name. But GREAT scope.) with QD rings.[/b]

Kind of a contradiction here, methinks.  I would prefer the Reflex II on a 16" and save the Super Sniper for a 24" Medium Contour DSA.
[:D]
Just joshing you.  You can have whatever you want.  I have a buddy with a 6.5-20x Leupold on a 10/22![:O]  He can see those little holes at 50 yds with no trouble at all.

Me, I kinda like the original sights on my FAL.  I may put a scope on my next build, though.  

The DSA Stg58 kit rifle would be the route I'd take if I didn't prefer building them myself.  My next one will be a FALFiles Imbel kit on an Imbel receiver with FSE HTS, Tapco piston, Penguin stock, IAI pistol grip, and Moses brake.  Now if I can just get up the dough for the receiver and US parts.[:(]
Link Posted: 7/30/2001 1:03:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
[b]The FAL wasn't designed to be a sniper rifle anyway.[/b]

[b]I plan to scope my FAL with teh Tasco 10x42 Super Sniper (I know - corny name. But GREAT scope.) with QD rings.[/b]

Kind of a contradiction here, methinks.  Just joshing you.  You can have whatever you want.  
View Quote

Ahhh, you busted me. [:D]

I'm not really sure what I am gonna do. I just wanna get one of those Tasco's, and put it on SOME rifle.
Link Posted: 7/30/2001 9:21:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Here you go g-man:
[url]http://subguns.biggerhammer.net/nonnfaad.cgi?read=118795[/url]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top