Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/23/2002 6:39:08 PM EDT
Last year DPMS introduced the California legal AR lower without the magazine well.  When I saw it in Shotgun News I began to wonder I could use that receiver as a platform for some pre-ban barrels that I've horded over the years.  When I visited my local dealer I asked him his opinion.  He said that I could not use that receiver to assemble a weapon with a tele-stock, bayonet lug and flash suppressor, because it was defined as an AR-15 receiver according to the assault weapon ban.  I argued that I could use said receiver to assemble a rifle with tele-stock, bayonet lug and flash suppressor, because it could not accept a high capacity magazine.

So, who is right?[argue]

P.S. I've held off assembling such a weapon for two reasons:

1.) I didn't know who was right, and

2.) such a weapon is worthless.

Nevertheless what do you think?
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 8:18:00 PM EDT
[#1]
your right becouse it doesnt accept a detachble magazine it is not covered by the crime bill. sou can have all the pre ban fetures u want. the whole ar15 type reciver BS is only in the caliban anyway i wish dealers would at least now the damn laws
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 8:30:11 PM EDT
[#2]
In Caliban territory, if you have a folding/telescopic stock on any gun it's an assault weapon.  Atleast thats what a DOJ rep told me...
- Dustin
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 10:03:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top