Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/6/2005 7:45:38 PM EDT
I'm looking for some pop-up parachute flares for general illum.

I can't find any of the stuff I used in the Corps, but I came across this cite that is selling Czech surplus flares.  Before I buy a couple to check them out, has anyone had any experience with them?
Thanks
http://www.keepshooting.com/militarysurplus/flares/cometrocketflare.htm

Link Posted: 9/6/2005 7:50:49 PM EDT
[#2]
I've got a U.S. white illumination flare still in the "spam" can. It's been stored in air conditioned comfort since I brought it back from Ft. McCoy in 89. What are the odds it's still good?
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 7:57:10 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
What are the odds it's still good?

Still sealed, I'd bet good $$ that it'll go BANG & POP when needed w/o a problem. Just like any other
piece of ammo, as long as it's been kept dry, the propellant, fuze, et al should do their thing just as put
together.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 8:07:38 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
www.keepshooting.com/militarysurplus/flares/cometrocketflare.htm

Thanks for the link!  How do I do that?
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 8:17:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Unless you are in a marine environment, how about skipping the middle man, and simply setting the brush on fire directly from a match or lighter.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 8:32:56 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not by painting it blue.

When you are writing your post look for this button, >
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:15:01 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not by painting it blue.

When you are writing your post look for this button, > ar15.com/images/buttonBar/url.gif

Cool!  Thanks!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top