Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/11/2002 7:26:26 PM EDT
Cytodyne Xenadrine, is this any good??? Anybody want to share experiences with this product?
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 8:19:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Watch 'Requim for a Dream', and you will run from 'diet pills' like mad ;)

I have used both Xenadrine and Hydroxycut at various times, and have had good results with both. Hydroxy made me far less jumpy, though.
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 11:11:51 PM EDT
[#2]
I've never used it, but I know several people that have and they all had good results.  Cytodyne Technologies produces some good products.
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 7:23:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Do yourself a favor and stay away from any product like Xenadrine. Why not just take speed? Same results, and both are potential killers. If you take these products and your heart starts racing, your body is telling you something. STAY AWAY. If you take it in high enough doses and have an unknown heart condition, you just might catch a coronary. Not my idea of a fun day!

If you want to try something that acually works for cutting up and building muscle, give Methoxy Pro (Cytodyne) a shot. It works real ell, only a little is needed and there are no side effects. It will remove the fat, and then allow you to gain lean muscle. One of the best products on the market today.
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 11:22:54 AM EDT
[#4]
...potential killers.  If you take these products and your heart starts racing, your body is telling you something. STAY AWAY.
View Quote

From something I saved a few years ago, two pills of Cytodyne's Xenadrine contains:

335mgs of MaHuang
910mgs of Guarana
105mgs of White Willow Bark
125mgs of Citrus Aurantium (synephrine)
100mgs of Acetyl L Carnitine
80mgs of L Tyrosine
50mgs of Ginger Root
40mgs of B5

OK, a little asprin (white willow bark) and a little Ephedrine (should be some in the MaHuang) won't kill you unless you already have a problem.  I think they standardize the MaHuang to 20mg of ephedra (that's not that much).  With those doses, I wouldn't even feel an effect.  After taking twice that much Ephedrine and caffeine, my heart rate only rises by about 10 bpm.  My body temp does raise by about 2 degrees F which helps use more energy.  Yes it is a potential killer, but I think you're greatly overstating the effects.  The first time you use it, you'll probably feel a little jumpy, but that effect will go almost away after using it a few more times.z
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 11:37:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Oh great, after ready a add in a magazine and reading thier website, I just bought a bottle of Xenadrine EFX this morning. Now what? The next time I go to purchase something, I'm going to wait for it to be reviewed here!
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 11:43:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Xenadrine RFA is the one with ephedrine. EFX doesn't have ephedrine.
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 3:21:50 PM EDT
[#7]
zoom,

Anything with any form of ephedrine can be a potential for disaster. Will it happen? Probably not, but is it worth the chance?

The Gov't was looking very hard at ephedrine based products after several reported deaths. I don't know if the research was finished or what the results are, but after weight training for about 25 years, I can tell you that I have personally seen bad effects of this stuff.

Are you or anyone else that trains really sure that their body will have no adverse reaction to ephedrine? I like to weigh my options carefully, and this one is a no brainer.

Oh, and don't believe everything that is printed on a supplement label, they are not Gov't regulated. Nuff' said. The choice is yours.
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 4:19:18 PM EDT
[#8]
The Gov't was looking very hard at ephedrine based products...
View Quote

Why do you think drug companies have whined about the availablity of Ephedrine so hard for so long?  Could it be because there isn't nearly has much profit margin in it versus competitive products like Allegra or Claritin?  My wife was paying over $100 a month for asthma medication before switching to Ephedrine.  She still keeps her Albuterol inhaler just in case, because admittedly the Ephedrine isn't quite as effective as the much more expensive other drugs she's tried.  Ephedrine is also non-addictive unlike many of the other medications she has taken in the past.

As to long term effects, I've never heard of a study that showed anything negative.  My nephew, who takes Ephedrine to help him breath while sleeping, has looked into it deeply since he takes 20mg of it every night.

The Gov't was looking very hard at ephedrine based products after several reported deaths.
View Quote

Yes, they found 15 deaths between 1993 and 1996.  That's five per year.  That's only 1/20 of the number of people that are killed each year from ibuprofen overdoses.  If it's 20 times safer than ibuprofen, then I think it's very safe.

Oh, and don't believe everything that is printed on a supplement label...
View Quote

I don't, and that's why I never buy any supplement, other than a multi-vitamin, that contains more than one ingredient.  If I want to take aspirin, I'll buy it from a name-brand company.  I don't want to take a supplement, like Xenadrine, that contains a herbal form of an unknown quantity or quality.z
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top