Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/16/2004 8:42:19 PM EDT
Is it posible al-quaeda got ahold of one the soviets weather controlling machines?
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 8:59:55 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm so sick of these fu*king storms. This is the worst season I have ever seen and I am a native S. Floridian (29yrs).
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 4:55:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Global weather patterns are swinging.  This oocurs on a relatively normal basis, albiet at a cyclic rate of several decades.  The hype of El Nino and LA nina from the 90's was part of this.  The predictions are that this hurricane season will be the worst in over 50 years.  
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 5:27:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Isn't the Sun Spot cycle nearing its end?

I doubt we have much good information on cyclonic storms before 100 years ago.  Even 50 years ago some tropic storms and depressions were probably missed because we did not have any satellites and there was a lot less (and less powerful) radar coverage.  I am pretty sure the Spanish lost hundreds of sailing ships to storms in the Carribean and Gulf.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 5:31:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Yeah...it's been a rough month or so...but ya gotta take the bad with the good...it's just the price you pay for living in paradise!
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 5:55:54 AM EDT
[#5]
My lieberal friend told me it was Bush's fault! (no shit)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top