Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/11/2004 9:37:29 AM EDT
Several monthst ago, someone sent me this article. For all of the bleeding hearts out there crying over the Iraqi prisoner abuse, I am curious to hear your reaction to what this Indisputable American Hero did:

Just before WWI, there were a number of terrorist attacks on United States forces in the Philippines by Muslim extremists. So General John J. "Blackjack" Pershing captured 50 terrorists and had them tied to posts for execution. He then had his men bring in 2 pigs and slaughter them in front of the now horrified terrorists. To Muslims touching or eating a pig, it's meat blood or other products is to be instantly barred from heaven and damned to hell. General Pershing ordered his soldiers to soak their bullets in Pig's blood, and then execute 49 of the terrorists. When the firing squad had finished, they dug a big hole, dumped the 49 bodies in and then covered them in pigs blood and the entrails of the 2 pigs. The soldiers then burried the carcasses of the pigs in the same grave as the Muslim terrorists. General Pershing then ordered his men to let the 50th terrorist go. There were no terrorist attacks by Muslim extremists anywhere in the world for the next 42 years! General Pershing was promoted to a 4 star General and eventually became the commander of all US forces in Europe during WWI.

Today, what General Pershing did would be considered a war crime. Senator Levin and Senator Kennedy would have called General Pershing before the Senate Armed Services commitee, and demanded that he be court martialed. The PC crowd would cry and scream about how detestable it is to trample the religious beleifs of Muslim extremist terrorists, and how Americans must be better than them. But the fact remains that General Pershing's unorthodox methods hit the Muslim's right in the breadbox. General Pershing stripped the Muslim extremists of the ability to die for Allah, by "condeming them to hell". As a result, we heard nothing from the muslims for over 40 years!

The actions of the US soldiers in Iraq are no different.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 9:40:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 9:40:46 AM EDT
[#2]
ahhh, something like this (sounds fishy, though) could only happen in the good ole' days before the advent of mass media.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 10:02:16 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Never happened

Also muslims gernerally aren't terrified of touching pigs or think that the mere touching of a pig would keep them out of heaven

While I could not find 100% conclusive proof (in 5 minutes) that the incident did take place, I did find the following:

- General Pershing was commander of the US 8th Infantry in the Phillipines:

www.creighton.edu/pershingrifles/genpershing.htm

- General Pershing did fight against Muslim extremists, and noted that  "They are absolutely fearless, and once committed to combat they count death as a mere incident." Suggesting that he would need to find another way of instilling fear in his enemy.

www.bangsamoro.info/docs/bagsak1.cfm.htm

- There is some historical evidence to suggest that General Pershing would have used these measures.

www.snopes.com/rumors/pershing.htm

BTW...Aren't you the same person that accused me of being a left wing plant for suggesting that the AWB could be renewed? You should change your user ID to "Brainless".

EDITED - I take that back. It wasn't you. My apologies.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 10:06:25 AM EDT
[#4]
My local sandwich shop is owned by Muslims.   Every night at 10pm they make a shit load of bacon.  The whole store stinks on it and they have no problem with it.  Heck, they even make Ham and Cheese hero's.  
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 10:33:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 10:34:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Mmmmmmm, bacon....aagghghhghghhh.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 10:43:48 AM EDT
[#7]
This is complete and total bullshit.  I've looked all over the Internet and can't find anything that backs up these statements.  Of course people believe what they want to believe.  Obviously you made your choice.  I'll make mine.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 11:04:51 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
There is NO HISTORICAL RECORD OF THIS HAPPENING, it's just a chain e-mail that you chose to believe because you liked it. How is it that "chain e-mail guy" knows this and Pershing's biographer not only says there is no proof of it happening but that it would have been out of character for Pershing to do it?

Also you refer to it as an "article" if so where was it published? all I found is that it was another one of those chain e-mails that get sent all over, like the proctor and gamble is owned by devil worshipers one.

You must be right. All I can find on Yahoo are links to some urban legend sites. I don't have any witnesses and I don't have any pictures. So it must have be a fairy tale.

And since General Pershing's biographer says it was out of character for him, I guess it would have been.

Interesting when you look at how Muslims still feel about General Pershing today (including the Abu Saayf in the Philipines):

www.tausug.net/news/oct0902_f.htm

www.akbayan.org/statements/2003-07-03akbayan_solon_scores_us_senator.htm

www.inq7.net/opi/2003/jul/02/text/opi_csdequiros-1-p.htm

You're absolutely right, I can find no actual proof that this happened. But there is enough smoke to suggest a fire.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top