Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/3/2004 6:27:21 PM EDT
The Mother-In-Law was at the house today and we were watching the News. The story about the Croc Hunter holding his baby while feeding a croc was on.

The mother-in-law says: "See? It's stupid to risk a child's life that way."

I go, "Yep."

She says, "So, now you see why I get upset when you take the girls shooting."

I go, "The girls are not infants."

(they're teenagers!)

She says, "Well, you were taking them from the time they could hold a gun."

I go, "Yeah, and the little one can still clean a gun better and faster than me so all's not lost."

She says, "They should take that man's children away and ..."

"And what?"

"Nothing."

"And what?"

"Yours too!"

So, it was another stress free Saturday at my house. I normally don't have problems with this woman, but for about three weeks now she's been harping on the guns and the way the girls decline invitations to her house, but ask me to take them shooting.

And she's up in arms because my oldest daughter is gonna join the marines because she thinks I forced her.

I just had to get this rant out.

Any opinions on the Croc situation? Or mine?
Link Posted: 1/4/2004 2:08:53 AM EDT
[#1]
To hell with the mother in laws.Sounds like you're raising those girls right.Ask the MIL if your girls are ever confronted with a rapist or other bad guy would she want them to know how to handle weapons then.
Link Posted: 1/4/2004 2:40:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Steve Irwin is a NUTJOB [whacko].
Take Mom-in-law shooting.Its much safer than feeding crocs.If she refuses, than she should shut-up.
Link Posted: 1/4/2004 2:47:54 AM EDT
[#3]
[50] I am just shit tired of everyone attempting to tell each of us what is right for ourselves and our children. Irwin didn't hang the child out to tempt the crock closer!!! Shit he lives in Australia not inner city NY.
Have at it Stevo do what you want.
Link Posted: 1/4/2004 3:02:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Being on the roads with kids is risky. Shooting ain't nothin'
Link Posted: 1/4/2004 4:04:24 AM EDT
[#5]
I'd have that bitch out of my house.
Link Posted: 1/4/2004 4:10:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Guns in this country: 280 million.
Accidental deaths from people with guns per year: 2,800(?)

I like those odds. Shooting is safer than crossing the street, for Pete's sake.
Link Posted: 1/4/2004 4:12:34 AM EDT
[#7]
so good you need to say it twice!
Link Posted: 1/4/2004 4:41:58 AM EDT
[#8]
This is about the 5th time around on the Croc Hunter!

1st one on the mother in law though!

You will never reach this woman........Give up!
Link Posted: 1/4/2004 4:46:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Feed Mom-in-Law to one of the crocs! [:D]

[devil]
Link Posted: 1/4/2004 5:27:58 AM EDT
[#10]
wetidlerjr beat me to it.  [:D]
Link Posted: 1/4/2004 7:44:16 AM EDT
[#11]
I had something somewhat similar happen to me at work friday. A while back I took a pic of my 2 (almost 3yrs old) daughter holding an AIRSOFT MP5. Well, I thought it was cute, so I placed it as my desktop background on my computer at work, just like everybody else does. Well, a guy that works with us made a statement to a co-worker that I should be brought up with child-endangerment charges!  Can you believe that crap? I will have my oppurtunity to confront him about it tomorrow, and I will ask him if he lets his kids go swimming (I know he does) and when he says yes, I'm going to tell him that HE should be brought up on child endangerment charges himself! (I have the stats somewhere on my computer) So, I know what your going through for the most part.....they just don't get it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top