Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/12/2006 8:43:28 PM EDT
Finally got around to viewing my credit report from www.annualcreditreport.com tonight.

All I can say is WOW!

I've always wondered why I get tons of credit card and mortgage refinance offers in the mail.  After viewing my reports, the reason is quite obvious.

One company made over 20 requests for my info in the last 3 years.  There were around 40 companies who have requested my info in the last few years.  Talk about a waste of paper.

Other than that, I saw what I expected on my report.  Good little law Congress passed.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 8:46:48 PM EDT
[#1]
amazing how amny people access it huh?

I get mine every 6 months I figure the $30 a year is cheap insurance  
and besides my credit score is about the only thing about me that is above average
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 8:49:02 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't understand why the fuckers request and send that shit.  If they would check their records, they would see that I haven't applied once and never intend to.

If I need another credit card, I'll apply for it of my own volition.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 8:50:39 PM EDT
[#3]
I pay to see mine because I'm used to MyFico.com's format...what's weird is all three are spotless but the scores fluctuate from 707 to 770
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 8:52:38 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Good little law Congress passed.

I'd like to see it ammended to disallow access that isn't specifically requested by the individual consumer, in writing.

There's too much personal information floating around on the internet - credit reports, medical and health information, financial info, telephone numbers, etc.  And to what end, to what purpose and for whose benefit?  And who's at risk, the beneficiary of the info?  I think not.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top