Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/30/2006 6:04:04 PM EDT
I've been getting around 8 a week or so for at least the last year and it's really getting old.

I've started writing "Return to Sender" on the ones with return addresses on them hoping that they get stuck for the postage.  Hopefully, if enough people do it, they'll get the message.

F-sticks every one,
Scott
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 6:11:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Hate to tell you, but if it's Standard Rate postage, you're wasting your ink...

An increase in getting mail typcially means a substantial event happend in your financial life recently.  Just moved?
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 6:13:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Not that many since I started using your identity

Link Posted: 3/30/2006 6:17:13 PM EDT
[#3]
This is the cure to your situation. Call 1-888-567-8688. This call will allow you to get off credit card mailing lists for 5 years or forever if you choose.  It is a # put out by the Federal Trade Commission. Again...call the above number. It really works.................
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 6:18:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 6:28:13 PM EDT
[#5]
I don't think I have gotten one in the past 2 years.  I used to get a bunch.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 6:33:38 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
This is the cure to your situation. Call 1-888-567-8688. This call will allow you to get off credit card mailing lists for 5 years or forever if you choose.  It is a # put out by the Federal Trade Commission. Again...call the above number. It really works.................

To be specific, that will prevent pre-approved offers.  'Pre selected/Apply Now' offers can/will continue.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 6:52:05 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

To be specific, that will prevent pre-approved offers.  'Pre selected/Apply Now' offers can/will continue.

I had a problem with a credit card a year ago. Theft. I went through the process (long) of getting my credit straight. In that process I called the above number and in due time the mailings stopped. COMPLETELY. www.ftc.gov is also a site to visit for more info. Again the number worked for me..........
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 8:11:43 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Same here.  I called the # and opted out and I have not gotten a single one since doing so.  I used to get them all the damn time.  It also shows up on your credit report that somone looked at it to make you that pre-approved offer.  Well BS on that.  I don't want anybody looking at my shit unless I authorize them to.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 8:25:33 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I called the number and put myself back on the list last month.  Prior to that I was get 3 to 5 credit card or mortgage offers per day.  Now I get 1 to 2 per week.  It definately works.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 8:30:36 PM EDT
[#10]
My 5 year old son has gotten 2 in the last year.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 8:33:24 PM EDT
[#11]
tag for when I can remember my home phone #
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top