Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/15/2002 8:55:16 PM EDT
For those of you who remember, my sick cat who was bleeding from his ass, then got better...

Well, he is sick again bleeding.

I think he has some kidney infections too. He never drinks water. I've seen him drink 1 time in the past month. Eats Meow Mix though.

I think I'm going to have to put him down here in a day or too. He is in pain.

I'm going to get drunk now...
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 9:01:49 PM EDT
[#1]
That really sucks,

I had to put my dog down last year, after she had a stroke. it was horrible.
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 9:03:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes, that truley sucks. I had to put my dog down last year. His name was Cowboy and he is still terribly missed.
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 9:09:30 PM EDT
[#3]
[i]sigh[/i]
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 9:10:43 PM EDT
[#4]
bummer wish i could give some advice.
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 9:22:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 9:41:37 PM EDT
[#6]
A couple months ago I had a cat that had developed a cancerous tumor in his tounge, and was having some difficulty eating. After it was diagnosed I started bringing him to the vet once a week to monitor his weight. One week his weight suddenly dropped about a pound. The next day I tried to feed him some canned cat food, and he just stared at it. At that point I realized I would just be starving him to death and had him put down.

Consult with your vet, then be brave and do what's right when the time comes.
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 9:47:52 PM EDT
[#7]
You do realizes that you can get a new kitten for free......right??

I mean after all, a cat is just a domesticated squirrel.

I am truly sorry about your cat....but still, it's just a damn cat!!

SGtar15
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 10:11:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

SGtar15
View Quote

At the risk of getting booted off this forum, I've got to say you're really acting like an asshole.

Link Posted: 7/16/2002 7:32:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

SGtar15
View Quote

At the risk of getting booted off this forum, I've got to say you're really acting like an asshole.

View Quote

I have a reputation to up hold....so deal with it!

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 8:01:37 AM EDT
[#10]
Believe me, Sarge, I can deal with it.  So far this morning I've dealt with two general contractors with bad attitudes that make you look like a three-year old throwing a tantrum.

I'm just wondering why you feel the need to "up hold" your reputation at the expense of a brother-in-arms?  Yeah, we all know you don't care much for cats.  Fine.  But do you have such a shortage of self control that you couldn't just pass this thread by and not interject your pseudo-humor?

Link Posted: 7/16/2002 8:08:59 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 8:13:34 AM EDT
[#12]
Everytime you put a cat down...someone masterbates!
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 9:12:04 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Sorry Computerguy,

My cat is like part of the family.  I would definately try feeding him some canned food, my cat likes Friskies.  and see another vet before you put him down.

lost
View Quote

He wont ever eat wet catfood..even back in his kitty days..never liked it...

(still kinda drunk..)
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 9:48:52 AM EDT
[#14]
sgt...at the risk of sounding like an asshole...if I could only feed one or other between you and my cat...guess who gets the kibbles?  My cat is the most loyal, loving, attentive creature I have ever met and I would choose my cat over 90% percent of the people I know.....so drink some water and try to live so that we don't have to take you to the vet..
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 9:58:43 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
ComputerGuy, Cats by nature do not drink enough water.  In the wild they rely on the moisture content of the animals they kill and eat since all animals are about 80% water.  .
View Quote

Not my cats.

They both INSIST on drinking ONLY fresh running water from the tap.

And they drink like a sailor who's been at sea for over a year.

Sorry to hear that CompGuy. My cats are TRULY more than "just damn cats."

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top