Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/9/2006 9:09:25 PM EDT
So I was watching this, um, other guy I knew was watching Room Raiders on MTV.  For those of you who don't know, its a dating show where one guy/girl checks out the rooms of three potential dates.  Then they pick the date based on the room without seeing the person first.  Anyway, this little "boy" was checking on a nice little hottie's room (nursing student ) and he sees a box of steak knives under the bed and gets his little panties in a bunch.

Could you imagine if they raided the room of one of us?  Multiple scary guns, dozens of loaded magazines, fortresses made of ammo cans.  It would be a whole world of fun.  We so have to set up one of our younger members on this show.

My other idea is "Scare Tactics - Arfcom" but I think liability would be an issue.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 9:12:54 PM EDT
[#1]
I think my room would make most girls cry....
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 9:12:59 PM EDT
[#2]
I actually seen a Room Raiders episode where a guy had one of his paper targets posted on the wall from when he was at the range, and the girl like the idea that he was a shooter.

Far as what you talking about; that would be great to see.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 9:13:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Yea Id be a great one for that.... dont look in the desk, or the white box on top of the cabinet.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 9:16:38 PM EDT
[#4]
I think the simple fact that many of us keep more than one gun out for self-defense, including eeevvviilll "assault weapons" with "banana clips" would be the end for most MTV sheeple.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 9:19:51 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

My other idea is "Scare Tactics - Arfcom" but I think liability would be an issue.

I think that show has to be fake or they have to make absoulutely sure that person will have no  urge to fight back

I have only seen on where they actaully find someone with some survial instinct .  a guy was hired as a security guard at a mental instutuion  a guy gets out and  they lock themselves in the office " crazy guy" knocks out the window and strated to crawl though  and the " mark" halls back to nail him with the motorola radio  they other actor grabs his arm and they let him know the deal
I think it would have been better if he would have cracked him.

but they useally get giggly girls , metros and gay guys
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 9:21:33 PM EDT
[#6]
In my place it would be a matter of picking the right room.

Bit like a gameshow.
Door A - nice bedroom, all looking nice and friendly.
Door B - Ah, well, yes, thats the War Door, Once opened it is self explanatory
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 9:22:25 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think that show has to be fake or they have to make absoulutely sure that person will have no  urge to fight back

I have only seen on where they actaully find someone with some survial instinct .  a guy was hired as a security guard at a mental instutuion  a guy gets out and  they lock themselves in the office " crazy guy" knocks out the window and strated to crawl though  and the " mark" halls back to nail him with the motorola radio  they other actor grabs his arm and they let him know the deal

do they screen the participants for CHL holders?  i can imagine that show turning into a drawdown situation pretty quickly.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 9:23:06 PM EDT
[#8]
They'd think I'm some sort of jewish indian sadomachosist gunowning redneck with a teepee and a menorah in his room, along with an aquarium full of South american catfish.

They would be very confused.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 9:25:15 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

do they screen the participants for CHL holders?  i can imagine that show turning into a drawdown situation pretty quickly.

Drawdown?  I watched an episode of that and realized that if I was sitting in the backseat of the car that the "escaped convict" wielding the "bloody axe" has just pushed his way into there would be a dead actor with some real blood on him.  Not funny at all.  
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 9:25:36 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
They'd think I'm some sort of jewish indian sadomachosist gunowning redneck with a teepee and a menorah in his room, along with an aquarium full of South american catfish.

hell Im confused now
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 9:26:31 PM EDT
[#11]
I have a few holdouts hidden in places.

I think they would stroke out on the spot.

But I would pay good money to see it happen.  
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 9:27:38 PM EDT
[#12]
i saw an episode where this chick was the room raider and she raided this guys room and he had a real cheap folding knife and she flipped out that he had a weapon.  he was the first one to get the boot and for that reason, if only that chick saw my room...needless to say she was not ugly
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 9:28:30 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

hell Im confused now

Jewish-Star of David on bookshelf
Indian- Teepee next to SOD
Sadomachist-Bayonet collection
Gun owner-Gunsafe, and AK parts kits all over the room
Redneck? Jeff foxworthy hat
Christian? Bible on Bookshelf
Pet lover? Cat and dog fur in my bed (the little dogs and cats sleep in my bed at night)
Aquarium with south american upside down catfish

Link Posted: 1/9/2006 9:28:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Someone at work changed it off of speed channel to MTV that was showing the show Next, I was pissed.  
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 9:30:09 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Only cry? Mine would make them drown themselves in gasoline and then set them selves on fire. And that's just my dorm room. they would explode if they saw my room at home. It wouldn't be nice.
EDIT: I was watching this show and one guy had another girl in his room when the girl showed up. And she still picked him. He was a former Marine so I guess he had that going for him haha.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 9:32:02 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Only cry? Mine would make them drown themselves in gasoline and then set them selves on fire. And that's just my dorm room. they would explode if they saw my room at home. It wouldn't be nice.

With a name like smurfsgonewild Im surpised it's just the women running from you.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 9:32:53 PM EDT
[#17]
There nothing in my room but a chest of drawers with clothes, a tv, a desk with my Compytar and My M4 within reach.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 9:37:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Yeah i generally try not to tell girls i'm into guns. Most girls get scared and run away.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 9:40:46 PM EDT
[#19]
ARFcom room raiders is real only it's called the A.T.F.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 9:41:53 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
ARFcom room raiders is real only it's called the A.T.F.

LOL

that's sigline material methinks
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 9:55:54 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Yeah i generally try not to tell girls i'm into guns. Most girls get scared and run away.

I used to be like that but then I relaized I might as well be honest with them.  If a girl is really going to fear me because I own inanimate objects, then that girl shouldn't be in my life.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 10:03:46 PM EDT
[#22]
Some women acutally get turned on by guns .
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 10:18:14 PM EDT
[#23]
My closet

Link Posted: 1/9/2006 10:28:31 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Some women acutally get turned on by guns .

Yeah but man are they rare though. Lucky for me my current girlfriend is one of them.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 10:46:29 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
My closet

img159.imageshack.us/img159/1744/ak2mi2wc.jpg

Nice FAL!  I keep my FALs in the safe but my AK (wasr10) is in the closet.  I hear .308 is better on zombies but the 7.62x39 is to get me to the safe.  
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 1:28:18 AM EDT
[#26]
Ummmm... I don't see what you're talking about...

OH! I get it... The girls would go totally nuts and fight over who gets to date the guy with 5 AR-15s under his bed and two pallets of ammo, how silly of me.

Or am I missing something?

[/Texan]

Link Posted: 1/10/2006 5:04:23 AM EDT
[#27]
Me:  Uh, ignore those little black rectangles that say "FRONT TOWARDS ENEMY".  Really, I'm a nice guy.    
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top