Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/1/2004 9:21:53 PM EDT
  BAGHDAD, Sept. 30 (Xinhuanet) -- The Iraqi Ministry of Justice has announced that the trial of former Iraqi President Saddam Hussein and a number of his top aides would start in mid-October, AlMashriq newspaper reported on Thursday.

"The former Iraqi president would be the last one to be tried among former officials of the former regime," Noori Abdul Rahim,information director of the ministry was quoted as saying.

"It is possible that some of the former officials become witnesses against Saddam in cases he is accused of by the judiciary body, which would be Iraqi," he added.

A special court announced last week that it had completed documents of trying Saddam Hussein and 11 of his top aides.Enditem

If this is true and some of Saddams officials talk of the "wmd's" a couple of weeks before the election.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 9:23:41 PM EDT
[#1]
I hoping they find Osama in the next week or two, if they do its a sealed deal for George
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 9:23:48 PM EDT
[#2]
That'd be pretty awesome, but only very effective if his cohorts rat him out pretty badly.

JMO.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 9:24:26 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I hoping they find Osama in the next week or two, if they do its a sealed deal for George

Particularly because Kerry keeps harping on this....
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 10:05:29 PM EDT
[#4]
I'd rather we find some of the elusive WMDs in Iraq or solid evidence they were transported to Syria just prior to the war. A solid link between Saadam and Bin Ladin would be nice too. Or all of the mentioned=BUSH LANDSLIDE.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 10:07:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Opportunity knocks...
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 10:10:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Noone can find or hold Osama if he's in little tiny bits.

I don't believe Osama is someone who'd let his 2nd in command make propaganda tapes instead of him.

The asshole is dead.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 9:45:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Bin Laden is probably dead.  No video of him since Dec. 2001.  No verifiable audio tapes for a long time.  

GunLvr
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top