Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/21/2005 5:17:58 PM EDT
I went there with my dad today to look for seat covers that a Costco employee told me on the phone were at the store.

When we get there we tell the door girl we aren't members but we want to look at seat covers.

We are told we need to go to the main desk to get a "tour".

We wait for several minutes and get our "tour," where we stop at the auto dept. and find out there are no seat covers.  

After the employee calls other Costcos, we are told there are no seat covers to be found.

We leave the store.

I don't want to be called a troll or whatever because I know who Costco supports.  

Neither here nor there...we won't shop there anymore. They can kiss my arse.  
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 5:21:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 5:22:02 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Oh god, I guess I asked for it.  
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 5:22:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Costco's good for bulk food and books, and NOTHING else. My father says to me, "why don't we get your glasses from costco? It's about half the price of Lenscrafters or anything else."

"Well, maybe because the last three pairs you've had you got there, and ALL of them you've had the lenses fall out. Repeatedly."

Clothing? It's all shit. Produce? Half-rotten, most of the time. Meat? Fatty (with just the right fat distribution so a steak, for example, cooks up really dry, but with huge chunks of solid fat everywhere), gristly, and tough. Electronics? See clothing.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 5:22:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Dude.
That has got to be the lamest story I've ever read here.

Congratulations!
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 5:24:35 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Costco's good for bulk food and books, and NOTHING else. My father says to me, "why don't we get your glasses from costco? It's about half the price of Lenscrafters or anything else."

"Well, maybe because the last three pairs you've had you got there, and ALL of them you've had the lenses fall out. Repeatedly."

Clothing? It's all shit. Produce? Half-rotten, most of the time. Meat? Fatty (with just the right fat distribution so a steak, for example, cooks up really dry, but with huge chunks of solid fat everywhere), gristly, and tough. Electronics? See clothing.

It doesn't have anything that Sam's doesn't have better, or cheaper.

Costco's basic membership is ten bucks more than Sam's.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 5:24:55 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Dude.

Congratulations!

Link Posted: 5/21/2005 5:26:59 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Let me get something straight, if I went to the Nissan dealer, would I be a troll? Or test-drove a Jeep Liberty?
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 5:30:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 5:31:28 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Dude.

Congratulations!

I thought about washing my car today. But I didn't.

Do you think I should post a thread about it?
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 5:31:40 PM EDT
[#10]
One of the guys I work with screws Costco over regularly.  Because their return and other policies are so lax, he returns or exchanges about half of his purchases.......only after he gets his use out of them.   For example, he'd bought a digital camera when his son was born and used it extensively for the first 9-10 months.  But when he saw a new model coming out, he simply took the other camera back and said he wasn't happy with it and got his money back.  He then went and picked up the new camera.  In fact, he even cancels his yearly membership just weeks before it expires and gets a full refund, only to return a few days later to sign up again for another years membership.  I couldn't believe it but like he said, if they are so fucking stupid ..... he'll continue to bend'em over.  As far as I know, he's been a member there for at least 3-4 years now.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 5:32:41 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Let me get something straight, if I went to the Nissan dealer, would I be a troll? Or test-drove a Jeep Liberty?

Uh, put down the crack pipe and sleep it off...

Oh, and no you wouldn't be a troll if you went to the nissan dealer...You'd be a fool...
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 5:33:09 PM EDT
[#12]
I like their crew socks
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 5:36:14 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
i'm not a cosco fan either but your telling me your not going to shop at a place you don't already shop?

Is that a problem?
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 5:41:52 PM EDT
[#14]
start shopping at walmart, if they ain't got it, you don't need it.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 5:42:18 PM EDT
[#15]
You should have at least worn your ccw out in the open there, then you got a story.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 5:44:36 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
You should have at least worn your ccw out in the open there, then you got a story.

Look at my location.

I've heard the No CCW at Costco story several times.  

CCW in IL is a laugh.  
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 5:45:20 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
start shopping at walmart, if they ain't got it, you don't need it.

I already do.  
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 5:47:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 5:57:56 PM EDT
[#19]

Costco's is good for the following
items:

Bulk dry foods
Vitamins
Frozen Chicken
Cheese
Ground Beef
Blank CD/DVD
Replacement Sonicare Bristles
Beer

That's it.

Sams is 100x better. Costco seems to
carry the more expensive brands and
not enough "normal" stuff. I don't want
to go to a warehouse store to buy
discontinued Gucci shit.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 6:36:13 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
One of the guys I work with screws Costco over regularly.  Because their return and other policies are so lax, he returns or exchanges about half of his purchases.......only after he gets his use out of them.   For example, he'd bought a digital camera when his son was born and used it extensively for the first 9-10 months.  But when he saw a new model coming out, he simply took the other camera back and said he wasn't happy with it and got his money back.  He then went and picked up the new camera.  In fact, he even cancels his yearly membership just weeks before it expires and gets a full refund, only to return a few days later to sign up again for another years membership.  I couldn't believe it but like he said, if they are so fucking stupid ..... he'll continue to bend'em over.  As far as I know, he's been a member there for at least 3-4 years now.

wow your "buddy" is a thief nothing more, way to go claiming such wonderful people as "friends"
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 6:42:58 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

This is commonly known as "stealing." Don't turn your back on your friend, who is what's known as a "thief."
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 8:06:24 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
i'm not a cosco fan either but your telling me your not going to shop at a place you don't already shop?

Is that a problem?

well no but it just seems kinda stupid to post about it.

i don't by my underwear at victoria's secret. Not something i'd feel compelled to write about.

you are pissed because a private shopping club that you are not a member of gave you a run around for something they didn't have and you probobly wouldn't have bought there anyway. jmho

I found that pretty funny myself.  It's kind of hard to lose a customer that was never a customer to start with.  

As an aside, the wine selection at Costco is generally better than at Sam's club (in my experience).  I shp at Sam's because there are several not too far from my house, and I have no idea where the Costco is.  
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 8:08:30 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

He's a petty criminal from what you described... and he is probably stealing from his employer to boot.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 8:11:18 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
One of the guys I work with screws Costco over regularly.  Because their return and other policies are so lax, he returns or exchanges about half of his purchases.......only after he gets his use out of them.   For example, he'd bought a digital camera when his son was born and used it extensively for the first 9-10 months.  But when he saw a new model coming out, he simply took the other camera back and said he wasn't happy with it and got his money back.  He then went and picked up the new camera.  In fact, he even cancels his yearly membership just weeks before it expires and gets a full refund, only to return a few days later to sign up again for another years membership.  I couldn't believe it but like he said, if they are so fucking stupid ..... he'll continue to bend'em over. As far as I know, he's been a member there for at least 3-4 years now.

Is he on welfare and food stamps too?

Because his attitude is EXACTLY what is wrong with our entire fucking society.  People who take advantage of systems, not because they need to, but just because they can.  Those assholes at the grocery store who are buying lobster and streak with food stamps are just like him.

He's not clever, he's just a shameless asshole.   ... and I am amazed at how cheap he is willing to sell his integrity.  Pathetic.

Link Posted: 5/21/2005 8:21:19 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:
One of the guys I work with screws Costco over regularly.  Because their return and other policies are so lax, he returns or exchanges about half of his purchases.......only after he gets his use out of them.   For example, he'd bought a digital camera when his son was born and used it extensively for the first 9-10 months.  But when he saw a new model coming out, he simply took the other camera back and said he wasn't happy with it and got his money back.  He then went and picked up the new camera.  In fact, he even cancels his yearly membership just weeks before it expires and gets a full refund, only to return a few days later to sign up again for another years membership.  I couldn't believe it but like he said, if they are so fucking stupid ..... he'll continue to bend'em over. As far as I know, he's been a member there for at least 3-4 years now.

Is he on welfare and food stamps too?

Because his attitude is EXACTLY what is wrong with our entire fucking society.  People who take advantage of systems, not because they need to, but just because they can.  Those assholes at the grocery store who are buying lobster and streak with food stamps are just like him.

He's not clever, he's just a shameless asshole.   ... and I am amazed at how cheap he is willing to sell his integrity.  Pathetic.

+1
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 8:24:48 PM EDT
[#26]
When I found out about Costco's blatant antigun policy, I cancelled my membership and told them why.

Recently they invited Jane Fonda for a booksigning. I knew I had done a good thing not giving them my money any longer.

MFC
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 8:26:18 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Dude.

Congratulations!

I thought about washing my car today. But I didn't.

Hey! Me too! What a coincidence!

Link Posted: 5/21/2005 8:28:43 PM EDT
[#28]
So let's see. A place that you not a member of allows you in and you're pissed the don't have an item you wouldn't have been able to get anyway because you're not a member.

Now you won't be a member because you didn't like the service? You're just cheap!

Why are you at AR15.com?

Seems like you're too cheap to pony up for a membership here as well.

Is the service not worth the price?

Link Posted: 5/22/2005 4:42:24 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 4:48:15 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Costco's is good for the following
items:

Bulk dry foods
Vitamins
Frozen Chicken
Cheese
Ground Beef
Blank CD/DVD
Replacement Sonicare Bristles
Beer

That's it.

Sams is 100x better. Costco seems to
carry the more expensive brands and
not enough "normal" stuff. I don't want
to go to a warehouse store to buy
discontinued Gucci shit.

Yeah.  They have Calvin Klein jeans and Ralph Lauren shirts.  BTW-my dad gets a lot of mileage out of Sam's jeans.  
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 4:49:01 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
So let's see. A place that you not a member of allows you in and you're pissed the don't have an item you wouldn't have been able to get anyway because you're not a member.

Now you won't be a member because you didn't like the service? You're just cheap!

Why are you at AR15.com?

Seems like you're too cheap to pony up for a membership here as well.

Is the service not worth the price?

No, I'm not cheap.  They say the best things in life are free.  ARFCOM is a great thing.  
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 5:00:15 AM EDT
[#32]
I am looking for some hard to find seat covers too.  A 2004 GMC Sierra with bucket seats with the fixed 3rd seat in the middle with the seatbelts integrated into the seats.  
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 5:23:23 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Yeah.  They have Calvin Klein jeans and Ralph Lauren shirts. BTW-my dad gets a lot of mileage out of Sam's jeans.  

...!
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 5:24:28 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah.  They have Calvin Klein jeans and Ralph Lauren shirts. BTW-my dad gets a lot of mileage out of Sam's jeans.  

...!

smartass.  

kidding.  
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 5:27:27 AM EDT
[#35]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top