Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/25/2011 12:41:54 PM EDT
Anyone else tried this? I got a bottle yesterday and tried some last night. Its not bad at all. $19.99 for a liter. 103 proof. Made for Costco by Jim Beam. Tastes like a stronger Knob Creek.

Link Posted: 5/25/2011 12:46:46 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't think our Costco's sell hard A...you're lucky!
Link Posted: 5/25/2011 12:47:41 PM EDT
[#2]
No liquor in Costcos here.
Link Posted: 5/25/2011 12:52:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes I have, in fact I posted about it a couple months ago. In short, for $20 it's hard to beat and to me is almost a dead copy of Knob Creek. I still like Bookers for fairly reasonably priced Bourbon but the Kirkland stuff is cheap while being good enough for guests.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 5/25/2011 12:53:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Damn I'm kind of jealous.

VA sucks about that...liquor is only sold in state govt run stores
Link Posted: 5/25/2011 12:54:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Heard of it, seen it, priced it...didn't buy it.  I wasn't sure just what it tasted like, and chose not to gamble.  Thanks for the report.

$20/L and tastes kinda like Knob Creek?  Hmmmm....

Steve
Link Posted: 5/25/2011 12:55:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I wonder if there is any chance of seeing the Kirkland brand in the ABC stores.  That stuff looks good.

Somebody brought a can of their colombian coffee to work and it's outstanding.
Link Posted: 5/25/2011 12:56:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Kirkland liquors are great.

Their vodka is Grey Goose relabled with the Kirkland logo.  You wouldn't know it unless you tried it side by side for yourself.
Link Posted: 5/25/2011 12:59:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Huh, I'd give that a shot. Next time I'm at Costco I'll look for it.
Link Posted: 5/25/2011 1:01:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Guess I'll be stopping at a Costco when I cut through Delaware next time.
Link Posted: 5/25/2011 1:03:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Hi ho, hio ho ....its off to Costco I go!

Im a bourbon guy so its time to check it out!
Link Posted: 5/25/2011 1:09:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Heard of it, seen it, priced it...didn't buy it.  I wasn't sure just what it tasted like, and chose not to gamble.  Thanks for the report.

Steve

Really, it's worth the $20 and then some. I had read some reviews on bourbon forums that wasn't great but I'm not a Bourbon snob so I rarely justify $50 on Basil or other highend examples. Kirkland's stuff is clean and good enough to drink it neat or with a little ice, to me that's the mark of a decent Bourbon. Not to beat a dead horse but Knob was the minimum for that style o enjoyment, I have to mix Jack, Beam and Makers.

Link Posted: 5/25/2011 1:17:39 PM EDT
[#12]
i dont think it tastes anything like Knob Creek. I really like KC for a daily sipper and the Kirkland one was hard to get down. I finished the bottle as quickly as possible and really wish the local Costcos would bring back the 1.75 bottle of Knob Creek. It was only like $41.99 or something.
I really like a strong whiskey and love Bookers and my SO just gifted me a bottle of MaChallan Cask Strength which is right up my alley. But this Kirkland stuff I just couldnt pallet. However by the end of the bottle i didnt dislike it as much. Either I got used to it or the bottle just needed to breath for some time.
Link Posted: 5/25/2011 1:22:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I don't think our Costco's sell hard A...you're lucky!

Nope, the WA sheep bought the "people out of work" and "Costco would sell booze to the CHILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLDREN" lines and voted against the measures in 2010.

Link Posted: 5/25/2011 1:25:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Western liquers is attached to the outside of our Costco here.  They house brand their stuff "Texas".  
Link Posted: 5/25/2011 3:37:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wonder if there is any chance of seeing the Kirkland brand in the ABC stores.  That stuff looks good.

I doubt it would be costco price even if it did show up.
Link Posted: 5/25/2011 3:51:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Trying to buy non stocked liquor at an ABC store is a pain in the ass. Last time I tried they wanted me to buy a case worth. It's to bad that the legislature completely fucked up the privatization plan.

Link Posted: 5/25/2011 4:12:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Now I'm gonna get some tomorrow!

Link Posted: 5/25/2011 4:18:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Steve

Really, it's worth the $20 and then some. I had read some reviews on bourbon forums that wasn't great but I'm not a Bourbon snob so I rarely justify $50 on Basil or other highend examples. Kirkland's stuff is clean and good enough to drink it neat or with a little ice, to me that's the mark of a decent Bourbon. Not to beat a dead horse but Knob was the minimum for that style o enjoyment, I have to mix Jack, Beam and Makers.

This is good to know.  A Knob Creek 750ml bottle used to be $20 only 2 years ago, now they are about $27 or so.  $20 for a whole liter is a very good deal if the taste profile is similar.  I like most of the JB Small Batch stuff, but it is usually out of my price range.

$20-25 is what I am usually willing to spend, provided I have some idea of the taste.  Currently I buy:

Old Weller Antique 107 for about $20-$22 per 750 ml bottle.
George Dickel #12 at about $17 per 750ml bottle.
Gentleman Jack gift packs with glasses for $21-$23 per 750ml bottle, when in season (Xmas or Father's Day).

Steve

Link Posted: 5/25/2011 4:18:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Top Top