Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/2/2009 11:02:22 AM EDT
This guy cracks me up:

the first place it is a constant put down from a lot of people simply because you drive a corvette! Lately I have been feeling guilty driving my super clean "99" when I see some people driving absolutly crap cars and I realize my Vette is only a toy. Maybe its my age, [ "62"] but I really feel like I have to much and am about ready to sell my car because of my "guilt" feelings. I am really getting tired of the constant [must be nice or can't hide money comments]! I've been blessed with many nice cars over the years but maybe it is time to sell out and get a rocking chair. I really feel like I have too much.
Old Dave

Its not wrong for you to drive a Vette or any other exotic car but I guess it's wrong for me. No one gave me anything in life and I have worked very hard for what I have but I guess I'm old and done. I will sell it and buy some poor people some transportation. On the way back from the beach today I saw a guy driving a real piece of crap,smoking car and it showed me that maybe it's time to give up the material goods. My wife, thinks I'm crazy as I'm sure most of you do but thats how I feel.
Dave

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-general/2391303-is-it-sinfull-to-drive-a-vette.html

I can't tell if this guy is an obama voting liberal, some green al-gore worshiping hippy, or some super religious churchgoer.

What gets me is he has an 11 model year old car that is worth less than a new compact 4 banger. What a weirdo.

Link Posted: 8/2/2009 11:04:11 AM EDT
[#1]
I have no problem with this if he wants to do it.

I don't like the .gov taking the money from me to do this.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 11:04:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Not something i would do but i wish more liberals had this thought process. Want to pay for everyone's health care? Grab your check book and head down to the nearest hospital and start writing checks.

Link Posted: 8/2/2009 11:14:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Guilt is a bitch. I guarantee there's more to the story.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 11:18:00 AM EDT
[#4]
They can buy me a new ZR1 any day.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 11:19:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Just because you are poor doesn't automatically make you a saint..  Most likely the poor people will use it smuggle drugs, prostitutes, or a drive by.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 11:21:35 AM EDT
[#6]
That or he can buy himself a piece of crap and give his car to me.

Better yet, I'll give him my truck and take his vette.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 11:23:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Corvette guys are the funniest, I had one guy at a cars n' coffee event start talking about his $75,000 Corvette and how it could kill my 951 turbo, he drove by later in a stock 1988 with an auto trans, I LMAO. Seems some corvette guys think there cars are much more expensive then they really are.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 11:29:19 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Just because you are poor doesn't automatically make you a saint.. Most likely the poor people will use it smuggle drugs, prostitutes, or a drive by.

I lived below the poverty line for 2 years.  At no point did I smuggle drugs, prostitutes or pull a drive by.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 11:32:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Just because you are poor doesn't automatically make you a saint..  Most likely the poor people will use it smuggle drugs, prostitutes, or a drive by.

Link Posted: 8/2/2009 11:33:19 AM EDT
[#10]
So let's see. He's gonna get about 10k for his corvette because that's how much they go for now. So how many cars will he be able to get for other people?
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 11:35:51 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just because you are poor doesn't automatically make you a saint.. Most likely the poor people will use it smuggle drugs, prostitutes, or a drive by.

I lived below the poverty line for 2 years.  At no point did I smuggle drugs, prostitutes or pull a drive by.

Shit bro, you missed out on all the high points of being poor then! That's okay though, the current regime is giving everyone a second chance to get some of those good times back
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 11:38:40 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You did something. We just don't know what yet.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 12:49:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Not something i would do but i wish more liberals had this thought process. Want to pay for everyone's health care? Grab your check book and head down to the nearest hospital and start writing checks.

You don't understand it's their patriotic duty to make some one else do it.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 12:52:16 PM EDT
[#14]
This is a creative writing piece, right?
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 12:55:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Exactly.  

He is my kind of socially conscious guy.

He helps folks with HIS OWN PROPERTY!!!

He isn't out there demanding the .gov take others money so he can spend it to make himself feel better.

Link Posted: 8/2/2009 12:58:47 PM EDT
[#16]
This has inspired me.  I am gonna sell a couple of ARs, then by hi-points and hand them out in New Orleans
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 1:09:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Man, you don't know what your missing!
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 1:40:48 PM EDT
[#18]
I've heard crap like that from people because of the car I drive. I'm not rich by no means but I work hard for what I have and take care of it. When I drive my mustang past someone driving a clunker, it just makes me feel like they should have worked harder for what they have. I drive past a trailer park on my way to and from work everyday and I see these same lowlifes sitting out in the yard in lawn chairs. There is junk and trash all around thier trailers, a couple beat up clunkers parked in the driveway and they sit there like they're waiting on thier government checks. There is nothing wrong with not being able to afford nice things and I don't judge people by that. But it doesn't cost a thing to clean up around your place and it takes even less effort to not throw your trash out in your own yard. I don't feel sorry for people like that. If you gave them money they would only piss it away. It boils down to the type of person they are, not how much money they make. If people drive clunkers its because they choose to and don't take care of thier cars or trucks. It costs very little money to keep one clean.

And for those who like to say "pic or I call BS", here is my car.

Link Posted: 8/2/2009 1:55:04 PM EDT
[#19]
It does cost money to take out the trash, people are charged by the bag, and the bags have to be under 30 pounds so the guy who gets paid to pick it up doesn't strain himself. I'd bet the residents of the mobile home community you speak of likely at one point had a dumpster but it was removed by the owner, at the same time he likely raised the rent.
Don't think you know low income people because you drive by their place in your shiny Mustang.
Times are tough all over jobs are hard to find and if you are lucky enough to beat out the minorities for a welfare check you are looking at $550 to pay all your bills and take care of your families needs.
I'd love to see some of you live off $550 a month, let alone get back on your feet long enough to hold a regular job. You got 350 people going for the same job you are when you are lucky enough to get the gas money to check in with job service. I'm glad you have a job and things are good for you but don't belittle people who aren't as fortunate.

Link Posted: 8/2/2009 1:59:01 PM EDT
[#20]
I wonder if that idiot realizes his car will get 30 mpg on the highway...all day long.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 2:00:53 PM EDT
[#21]
HMMM, the meek will inherit the earth alote quicker now wont they!  
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 2:05:17 PM EDT
[#22]
They can take my Corvette keys from my cold dead hands!
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 2:09:07 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

No drive by bayonetings?

Cause the you know those deadly assault weapons can do that too.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 2:15:47 PM EDT
[#24]
vette isnt my choice but my father had to get one because he couldn't get any pussy any other way he's about interesting as concrete .
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 2:19:44 PM EDT
[#25]
I'd happily let a group of "poor people" pool their money to buy me a new Corvette.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 2:20:49 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
It does cost money to take out the trash, people are charged by the bag, and the bags have to be under 30 pounds so the guy who gets paid to pick it up doesn't strain himself. I'd bet the residents of the mobile home community you speak of likely at one point had a dumpster but it was removed by the owner, at the same time he likely raised the rent.
Don't think you know low income people because you drive by their place in your shiny Mustang.
Times are tough all over jobs are hard to find and if you are lucky enough to beat out the minorities for a welfare check you are looking at $550 to pay all your bills and take care of your families needs.
I'd love to see some of you live off $550 a month, let alone get back on your feet long enough to hold a regular job. You got 350 people going for the same job you are when you are lucky enough to get the gas money to check in with job service. I'm glad you have a job and things are good for you but don't belittle people who aren't as fortunate.

You're pretty quick to judge me and take up for them with no more information than you were given. This is a rural town and the dump is one street over. People don't have the trash picked up where they live, they take it to the dump themselves. Also the people I'm talking about haven't lost thier jobs recentley, they have lived like this for years. I've been working at my job for 11 years now and it has always been like this when I drive by. I can promis you that the bad economy hasn't even touched thier way of life and they are at the same lifestyle that they were accustome to 11 years ago.

Its funny that you think I don't know these "low income people" as you call them, yet you suggest that they once had a dumpster but it was taken away from them the same time thier rent was raised. HAHA

Be quiet now, grownups are talking.

Link Posted: 8/2/2009 2:25:49 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
vette isnt my choice but my father had to get one because he couldn't get any pussy any other way he's about interesting as concrete .

Hahahaha    that's great
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 2:37:47 PM EDT
[#28]
Just be thankful for what you have, Mr. Grownup.
I'll be sure not to feel sorry for you when you post "I just lost my job and my Mustang was repossessed.". By the way it costs to go to the dump too and they may very well have had to make the decision wether to go to the dump or feed the kids, likely they have been feeding the kids for the past few years rather than worrying about what you think of their lawn.
If their lifestyle bothers you so bad, you ought to grab some bags and stop by and ask if they need some help, you didn't mention wether they have a truck to haul trash or not, maybe bring that by too.
It's what America is about. I give a helping hand all the time and rarely get bit for doing it, it sure feels better than complaining about the same problems everyday.
The Corvette guy's life will be much more fulfilled knowing that he has done a good deed, I guarantee it.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 2:57:01 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I'll be sure not to feel sorry for you when you post "I just lost my job and my Mustang was repossessed.". By the way it costs to go to the dump too and they may very well have had to make the decision wether to go to the dump or feed the kids, likely they have been feeding the kids for the past few years rather than worrying about what you think of their lawn.
If their lifestyle bothers you so bad, you ought to grab some bags and stop by and ask if they need some help, you didn't mention wether they have a truck to haul trash or not, maybe bring that by too.

Oh I'm very thankful for what I have, I've worked hard for all of it. And don't worry about them coming for my car if I lose my job, I paid for it in cash. You seem to have the mentality that everyone who is poor had a run of bad luck. You know that there are people out there that are poor for no other reason than they are lazy. I can assure you that these people fit that bill. As far as stopping by to help clean thier yard, well I figure my taxes pay for thier welfare which is more than those lazy people deserve so I lose no sleep over it.

Lets say for the sake of argument that these people have in fact hit a rough spot of road and they can't afford to drive thier garbage one street over because thay are saving all thier money to feed thier kids. (ofcourse they could just WALK the 50' to the dump) How much does it cost to NOT throw it in the yard? I mean I figure that keeping your yard picked up was free. Atleast it is at my house. It never cost me a dime to NOT throw my trash in the front yard.

Seriously, help me add this up cause I've never been poor. What would it cost to pick up trash out of a yard compared to the beer bottles stacked 3' high next to the front door? My math isn't very good but I would think it was cheaper to spend your time cleaning your yard than it was to go out and buy beer. Or maybe they weren't going out to buy the beer cause they had to save money to feed thier children, maybe a neighbor was nice enough to go get the beer for them. Can you help me figure this out?
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 3:00:54 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Seriously, help me add this up cause I've never been poor. you help me figure this out?

Try it sometime and then talk to me.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 3:04:29 PM EDT
[#31]
I do agree with you the money they spend on beer could be put toward the garbage.
Maybe you could offer to recycle the bottles and cans and donate the money to people who really need it, there are families who could use the help.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 3:08:06 PM EDT
[#32]
If I had the money, I would commute in a P-51 Mustang and throw fuel over the side the whole way just to be wasteful.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 3:11:04 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Seriously, help me add this up cause I've never been poor. you help me figure this out?

Try it sometime and then talk to me.

I wont apologize for not being poor. I'm in no way making fun of people less fortunate than I am due to losing a job or hit hard times nor do I think I am better then those who are. All I'm talking about is I don't feel sorry for lazy people who refuse to work for a living and would rather draw welfare and drive junk and say things like..."It must be nice to drive a car like that." Considering I've worked hard all my life for what I have and these lazy people are part of the reason I pay so much in taxes each year cause they feel they deserve a free ride at hard working peoples expense.

Link Posted: 8/2/2009 3:12:40 PM EDT
[#34]
Very nice guy!  Im sure his Creator we be pleased
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 3:13:08 PM EDT
[#35]
All people do is bitch about people. I rarely hear of anyone trying to find a solution to a problem that is suitable for the situation.
It's just, my money is supporting a black family, BS we all pay taxes.

Link Posted: 8/2/2009 3:15:51 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I do agree with you the money they spend on beer could be put toward the garbage.
Maybe you could offer to recycle the bottles and cans and donate the money to people who really need it, there are families who could use the help. All people do is bitch about people, I rarely hear of anyone trying to find a solution to a problem that is suitable for the situation.
It's just my money is supporting a black family ,BS we all pay taxes.

I appreciate where you're coming from and you seem like a person who tries to look for the good in people. Thats a good quality to have but there is no solution that would ever fix "lazy".
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 3:16:34 PM EDT
[#37]
Good for him. You are free to do with what is yours how you see fit. Better him then me.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 3:17:22 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
All people do is bitch about people. I rarely hear of anyone trying to find a solution to a problem that is suitable for the situation.

Its nice of you to try and turn this into a racial issue. Too bad the people I'm talking about are WHITE.

Link Posted: 8/2/2009 3:19:55 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Its nice of you to try and turn this into a racial issue. Too bad the people I'm talking about are WHITE.

I actually figured they were white, I was just stating the mentality.

Link Posted: 8/2/2009 3:26:55 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

You want a solution?

We stop giving them money. They will then be forced to get a job rather than sitting on their lawns getting free money, then they will learn to appreciate hard work and see what it can do for them and the problem will be solved.

It's that simple.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 3:29:21 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You want a solution?

We stop giving them money. They will then be forced to get a job rather than sitting on their lawns getting free money, then they will learn to appreciate hard work and see what it can do for them and the problem will be solved.

It's that simple.

Check out the jobless rate right now.
I don't know for sure, but it is likely even higher than the number of welfare receipients who actually are able to work, likely not a solution but another problem. But yes, let's put some people to work.

Link Posted: 8/2/2009 3:31:19 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You want a solution?

It's that simple.

I've always said the same thing but the only problem is, they would only end up stealing for what they want. But look on the bright side though, atleast when they break into your house it'll make for good target practice.

Link Posted: 8/2/2009 3:31:30 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

I absolutely agree.

Link Posted: 8/2/2009 6:51:05 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
It's what America is about. I give a helping hand all the time and rarely get bit for doing it, it sure feels better than complaining about the same problems everyday.
The Corvette guy's life will be much more fulfilled knowing that he has done a good deed, I guarantee it.

this guy has to be trolling
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 6:55:04 PM EDT
[#45]
propaganda
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top