Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/8/2003 10:31:55 PM EDT
I'm looking at a Vtech 5831 or i5881, anyone had any experience with these? Which cordless would you suggest? 900 MHZ, 2.4 GHZ or 5.8 GHZ, talk to me people!
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 10:35:12 PM EDT
[#1]
I've had VTech 2.4GHz for about 1.5 years. No complaints. I like that the add-on handsets do not require phone lines. Just plug the base into the AC power, and you're set. If I were replacing today, I'd sure go for the 5.8 GHz.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 11:24:49 PM EDT
[#2]
i've read that if you have a cordless network, the 2.4 Ghz phones can interfere with some.

not sure if it matters or not.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 2:31:21 AM EDT
[#3]
If you want the best that is on the market at this time you cannot beat the Panasonic KX-TG5100M. It has the 5.8 GHZ system, the base unit is fully programmable, comes with one extra handset that just needs any AC outlet to connect and is expandable for up to eight handsets. The base unit has 3 seperate mailboxes and every feature you could possible want. The handset even has speakerphone capabality which comes in really handy when you are on some computer tech support trying to talk and use the keyboard at the same time. The sound is excellent, no static, crystal clear sound and very good range. This is without a doubt the best telephone system I have ever had and I reccomend it very highly. Check out the reviews at Amazon or some other online electronic outfit.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top