Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/8/2005 6:52:24 PM EDT
Officer charged in stolen gun case

CFCN.ca

POSTED AT 5:21 PM Thursday, January 6

The Calgary Police Service has laid charges against a veteran officer.

The charges stem from an officer's gun that was stolen last July.

A number of items were stolen from Detective Gerard Brand's car while he attended the Calgary Folk Festival at Prince's Island Park.

A police service Glock handgun and a police badge was stolen from a briefcase.

Brand is a decorated, thirteen year veteran of the police force.

He facing two charges related to the careless use and storage of a firearm.

If found guilty, Brand could face a fine or jail time.

Even if he is convicted, it will be up to the chief of police to decide if Brand will remain with the service
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:54:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Now that's fricken stupid as hell.   I hope every other officer tenders a tenative resignation letter in support of this officer.  
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 7:03:32 PM EDT
[#2]
When I tried to get a permit for a handgun before moving to the U.S., the police wouldn't let me and said that I didn't 'need' it and that it was a 'two-pound paperweight'.  The overwhelming majority of Canadian LEO have supported every gun measure to come down the pike.  Now they will reap what they've sown.  
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 7:06:35 PM EDT
[#3]
wow thats crazy.

In my department if you lose your gun you lose 10 vacation days or something like that, they dont press criminal charges.

I know an idiot or two who has lost their gun
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 7:08:13 PM EDT
[#4]
I mam so glad I got out of that stupid place.

I wouldnt be an LEO there for all the tea in China.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top