Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 2:50:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Black people asserting their right to ride public transportation or to eat in diners equal to white people... attention whores too, right?
View Quote

Man, that’s a tough one. I wish we could look like 70 years in the future from when this shit happened to see how it turned out.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 3:21:03 AM EDT
[#2]
God bless these guys for what they do. I can't imagine being a cop, seeing and knowing these type of videos exist and still falling for it. There exists a video like this of a guy fucking with a cop at a gas station, I believe. The cop was the chillest motherfucker you could imagine. Answered all the dudes questions and let the guy film his equipment and all. Even offered a ridealong to further help the guy understand things from the cop perspective. I tried to find it on the tubes but I couldn't. If cops would react this way more often there wouldn't be anything to film. No content, no channel. Videos like the OP and reading cop replies here have really opened my eyes, not for the better.

Yes officer, I know you don't care.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 3:24:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Why does the body cam officer walk like a fuckin sasquatch?
View Quote

Dude, I'm so glad you said that!!  I thought I was the only one who had the feeling he was walking like a shaved Gorilla!
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 3:38:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Tag
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 4:07:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Well, Cops employ all these tactics and more to lure people into committing crimes. Turnabout is fair play. Also, auditors serve as a way to educate officers on important things like,  oh, I don't know...

...recording Police is perfectly legal!
View Quote

Now, we just need some conservatively funded groups to go do these same tactics on the FEDs, like FBI, ATF, DHS...

Barney Fife is kind of easy to lure into stupidity, I would bet the Feds are even easier...
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 4:35:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I see a similarity to some police replies in threads here.

You see two kinds of police criticism here.

1. Guys who are generally pro police but criticising a certain officers actions.

2. Guys who are clearly ACAB and "Bring bodybags" etc

The latter are like auditors. They just want an argument.

Yet, like auditors, the police seem unable to just ignore them.

View Quote

You flew over a lot of the country getting from your one of your examples to the other. There is a continuum. Not two clean camps.
You forgot straight up boot lickers, and guys who are generally unfavorable but have never even considered the idea of bodybags because they are not fucking nuts. In GD, the latter get warnings for the same thing the former posts with impunity.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 4:49:53 AM EDT
[#7]
"Stop doing what I don't like or you can go to our lock up when I make up something to charge you with after putting my fat vienna sausages all over you."

This was a good audit.

The most legally protected freedoms of speech, travel and assembly in the world... exist on paper only. They disappear like structures in the mist when the Top Men arrive to help you.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 5:22:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
First amendment auditors are a special breed of attention whores.
View Quote

If cops would leave them alone youtube would be out of business.

Leave them be

They aren't breaking the law.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 6:38:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

One is simply a PITA, the other can [and often WILL] illegally F your life up as much as he possibly can using the legal system due to his own inadequacies.

Which one is worse?
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 6:39:09 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I still can't believe these videos keep popping up, especially involving a lieutenant. What more does it take for them to understand the basic rule of law, "Right to be, means right to see" and in turn gives you the right to record.  Auditor or Joe Schmoe, it makes ZERO difference.
View Quote

That does NOT apply in PA.  Forget about recording video in public, its wiretapping.  Fucking retarded.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 6:40:31 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 7:06:45 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I don’t want neutered cops, I want honorable ones. I don’t put a “hero” label on cops and I don’t want them to hinder someone’s rights, but the lack of social cohesion is making this kind of shit happen. The fabric of American society is loose and these faggots are pulling the exposed threads just to watch them come undone. Cops, by and large, are trying to keep the damn thing tied and still come home at night. Its going to end either in a police state, or anarchy- neither of which will be a productive result.

Sad.
View Quote

You want honroable cops that will protect your rights by using unreasonable force to stop first amendment protected activities.  Got it.  
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 7:25:13 AM EDT
[#13]
If I were a cop, I would get more satisfaction out of their reaction to my indifference vs getting all jacked up about a couple of idiots recording trying to bait me into bad actions for clicks. Especially with cameras everywhere.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 7:33:26 AM EDT
[#14]
It is hard to believe re-training will do anything.
There is no way, in this day and age, that a functioning adult does not know you can legally film in public spaces. It has been covered to death over the last 10 years.  Until they start firing these asshats who want everyone to "respect my authoriti!" very little will change.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 7:36:54 AM EDT
[#15]
I can understand the coppers concern over some rando taking movies in the parking lot.  Anything unusual should get your attention.

But Lt. dumbass could have gone out there and chatted him up instead of taking the bait and having a "Respect my AUTHORITAH" spasm.

Link Posted: 4/14/2023 7:38:11 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I see a similarity to some police replies in threads here.

You see two kinds of police criticism here.

1. Guys who are generally pro police but criticising a certain officers actions.

2. Guys who are clearly ACAB and "Bring bodybags" etc

The latter are like auditors. They just want an argument.

Yet, like auditors, the police seem unable to just ignore them.

View Quote

I agree with this. In my experience, the guys (Cops) that were wound tight in their personal life were the ones that almost always took the bait. Both suffered in my estimation, except one usually left pleased. I found entertaining them to be a colossal waste of my time. Border Patrol checkpoints were the worst, always someone looking to argue. Not today mister, not today. Have a beautiful day Sir.

Move on along please…
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 7:45:54 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

If 100% of police did their job professionally and with the bounds of the law, auditors wouldn't exist.  There'd be zero money in it.  Nobody is going to watch auditor videos of police behaving.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 7:51:47 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
“Look what I can do”

“I’m not touching you”

He was looking for a rise and officer donut took the bait.

They’re not “raising awareness” or furthering the 1a. Assholes just trying to think up what they can do to get under someone’s skin while still remaining a sweet little angel in the eyes of the judge. No different than the smarmy asshole at the bar doing everything he can to earn a slap from you so he can call the police and have you arrested for fun.

The country was better when the cops beat them with a rubber hose.

In the real world, mostly where guns arnt the norm, real criminals know this and play it along too until they victimize you. They know just how much shit they can get away with that you can’t call the cops about and you take it, then they sucker punch you as soon as you let your guard down and run off with your shit.

Or they stomp around your fence line “I ain’t doin nothin or breakin the law, call the cops- they tell you too.” Then as soon as you get bored watching them, or have to leave for work, boom hop the fence and steal your shit or break your shit for daring to disrespect them.

I don’t want neutered cops, I want honorable ones. I don’t put a “hero” label on cops and I don’t want them to hinder someone’s rights, but the lack of social cohesion is making this kind of shit happen. The fabric of American society is loose and these faggots are pulling the exposed threads just to watch them come undone. Cops, by and large, are trying to keep the damn thing tied and still come home at night. Its going to end either in a police state, or anarchy- neither of which will be a productive result.

Sad.
View Quote

Or....and hear me out.

If they see some people just milling about, they observe for a moment or two to make sure there is nothing nefarious going on, then they go on with their day.

You may not want neutered cops, but cops that actually serve the public would sure be nice. Acting like hall monitor is not serving the public.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 8:03:04 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

That does NOT apply in PA.  Forget about recording video in public, its wiretapping.  Fucking retarded.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I still can't believe these videos keep popping up, especially involving a lieutenant. What more does it take for them to understand the basic rule of law, "Right to be, means right to see" and in turn gives you the right to record.  Auditor or Joe Schmoe, it makes ZERO difference.

Read the definitions in that law closely.

https://www.legis.state.pa.us/WU01/LI/LI/CT/HTM/18/00.057.002.000..HTM

"Oral communication."  Any oral communication uttered by a person possessing an expectation that such communication is not subject to interception under circumstances justifying such expectation.

In a public space that expectation does not exist. Filming an officer in public would fall under "no expectation of privacy".
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 8:03:51 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
There is no way, in this day and age, that a functioning adult does not know you can legally film in public spaces. It has been covered to death over the last 10 years.  Until they start firing these asshats who want everyone to "respect my authoriti!" very little will change.
View Quote

An IQ test before retraining might be required.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 8:30:03 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Barney Fife is kind of easy to lure into stupidity, I would bet the Feds are even easier...
View Quote

Feds (and federalized task force thugs) will beat the shit out of you and delete every video within a 100' radius.
And then say "you can't sue us for violating the Constitution, we're Feds, the Constitution doesn't apply to us".

Officers Nearly Beat Innocent College Student to Death—Then Claim Immunity from All Accountability
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 8:39:45 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

The very first case I read about was in PA. A guy video taping (back when you needed magnetic tape) a police checkpoint from a private residence's front yard got arrested for wiretapping or invasion of privacy and the federal courts said no, pay the man. IIRC the local courts criminally convicted him and got overturned.

Then we have the Glik case in MA:
https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2015/04/police-must-respect-right-citizens-record-them
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 8:43:13 AM EDT
[#23]
I saw one auditor trying to do this. The cops came by asked the guys first name, just so they knew how to address him. The guy started all the bs about names, the cop literally said " I only asked your name so I could say have a nice day XXXX ( guys name ) as I left ". The cops walked away, the guy kept up the BS and a few names thrown at the cops. He then turned the camera off and looked at me smoking a cig ( yes I know ) and said that this town sucked, he walked over and got in his car and left.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 8:56:33 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 9:06:34 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I've never had ANY training in this aspect and outside of ARFCOM most of these things that happen never appear in my cop sphere.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've never had ANY training in this aspect and outside of ARFCOM most of these things that happen never appear in my cop sphere.

What did your supervisor say when you informed him of the training gap?
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 9:17:58 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's because most people are good.  However it only takes one bad cop asshole, cop or not, to ruin a lot of people's lives.

Like the one poster near the top of page 2, I had fun with some cops that rolled by us as we were drinking at a small town airport after finishing a day of jumping.  One thing led to another, and I was able to say at work that I'd been drinking a beer in the back of a cop car.  

I mean, we were just talking, and I was curious about their cars, but it's still fun to leave out minor details like the cops were just talking to us in the middle of their patrol.  No guns, IDs, or anything fun.  Been so long I can't even remember, but I assume we introduced ourselves by name?

::EDIT:: To be more specific that I mean assholes, not just one type of asshole.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 9:19:08 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 9:21:36 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

If 100% of police did their job professionally and with the bounds of the law, auditors wouldn't exist.  There'd be zero money in it.  Nobody is going to watch auditor videos of police behaving.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I do! Personally, I love seeing videos where the officers are polite and professional, rather than aggressive and arrogant.

Here’s a good example:

Captain Shows Sheriff How Policing Is Done

*Fixed YouTube link.

Link Posted: 4/14/2023 9:34:46 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

And BOOM one that does not believe in 1st amendment. That was fast. Sorry officer if it offends you being filmed and being a public servant. Another bad word...I know
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 9:43:33 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Whoa whoa whoa I thought we lived in a police state? Why would the cop be suspended if that were true?
View Quote

With or without full pay and benefits?

I knew a government worker who after slapping her supervisor in the face for a second time in three days was given a year off with full pay.

When my boss told us about that at a meeting we all got up to slap him.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 9:47:28 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 9:50:25 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Let's see an auditor that doesn't look like a dirt bag.  If I see that turd I'll assume that he's up to no good and run him off.

View Quote

Have you watched any videos from Amagansett Press?

He's a professional photographer, and looks like an average Arfcommer with a beard and baseball cap.

He also posts videos of good interactions, despite some here saying that this never happens.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 9:56:05 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

Found a JBT???
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 10:58:32 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 11:01:23 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

He's a professional photographer, and looks like an average Arfcommer with a beard and baseball cap.

He also posts videos of good interactions, despite some here saying that this never happens.
View Quote

I saw one out of Idaho about a year ago that has posted positive interactions.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 2:07:09 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

I've watched a few but they are normally way too long and he annoys me if I'm thinking of the right guy.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 2:08:39 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

A lot of them are for sure but is there a better way to get it all done? The whole reason they've exploded in popularity is because we let it all get too far.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 2:28:14 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Now, we just need some conservatively funded groups to go do these same tactics on the FEDs, like FBI, ATF, DHS...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well, Cops employ all these tactics and more to lure people into committing crimes. Turnabout is fair play. Also, auditors serve as a way to educate officers on important things like,  oh, I don't know...

The problem is... you really can't sue them.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 2:31:36 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

There's several videos of auditors getting arrested by FBI and there never seems to be any follow up showing judgements against the FBI. You think holding City and State cops accountable is hard try the feds.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 2:48:28 PM EDT
[#40]
There are two kinds of Cops.

*Those who wish to honorably protect and serve the public.

*Those who do it to serve themselves and their own needs.

Guess which one makes up the vast majority of the profession?
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 2:51:33 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

There's several videos of auditors getting arrested by FBI and there never seems to be any follow up showing judgements against the FBI. You think holding City and State cops accountable is hard try the feds.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's worse than that:

https://youtu.be/YMyeq1F6yd8

Link Posted: 4/14/2023 2:58:59 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

Any decent auditor will upload the passes as well as the fails.
But the passes never go "viral". Who wants to watch a Youtube video of nothing happening?
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 3:03:16 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

But the passes never go "viral". Who wants to watch a Youtube video of nothing happening?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I try not to do much 1A audit stuff because it doesn't personally interest me that much. The James Freeman video asking the cop if he'd been drinking at lunch is gold. As well as the one where he asks the cop at the gas station if he can search his car - and he let's him. Also hilarious.

I've gotten to know Jeff Gray. They call him the godfather of the auditors. He's a super nice guy and does it the right way, IMO.

https://www.youtube.com/@HONORYOUROATH

Link Posted: 4/14/2023 3:06:30 PM EDT
[#44]
How in God's name do these officers still fall into this trap and not recognize that there is no crime here.

Unbelievable, and supervisors!?
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 3:12:35 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I try not to do much 1A audit stuff because it doesn't personally interest me that much. The James Freeman video asking the cop if he'd been drinking at lunch is gold. As well as the one where he asks the cop at the gas station if he can search his car - and he let's him. Also hilarious.

I've gotten to know Jeff Gray. They call him the godfather of the auditors. He's a super nice guy and does it the right way, IMO.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've seen some great videos where the officers were downright jovial while being filmed, and they are hilarious! I remember one saying something like "Make sure you get my good side for YouTube", with lots of grinning and thumbs up for the camera.

Those videos always make me smile!
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 3:14:37 PM EDT
[#46]
Fuck Frauditors!
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 3:21:18 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Fuck Frauditors!
View Quote

So which auditor video were you in, and how bad did you make yourself look?

Let's see a YouTube link!
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 3:24:12 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Not all auditors are worth a shit.

Not all cops are worth a shit.

But when any auditor exposes shitty police officers and shitty departments, I'm OK with it.
View Quote

What he said^
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 3:24:59 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Fuck Frauditors!
View Quote

Because they're far worse than police lieutenants who repeatedly threaten to arrest you for "disobeying a (un)lawful order", before finally giving up trying to bully you after you refuse to submit to their bullying?
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 3:39:21 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I've seen some great videos where the officers were downright jovial while being filmed, and they are hilarious! I remember one saying something like "Make sure you get my good side for YouTube", with lots of grinning and thumbs up for the camera.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Long Island Audit guy actually came to my area and hit the courthouse the next county over. Got a pretty good video out of it. He's another one that is completely polite. Way more effective IMO. This actually caused my courthouse across the street to be ready for him/them if and when they showed up. I helped them plan what to do. Roll out the red carpet and give a tour. Show them all the shit that needs to be fixed or improved and ask people to call their elected officials and complain.
Page / 3
Top Top