Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/8/2002 11:35:10 AM EDT
I learned how to make nacho butter this morning.

I was cleaning up a bagempty (the oopsosite of "bagful") of Doritos(TM) that had exploded all over my living room, and it turns out that when they get sucked into a vacuum cleaner, the little fan inside the vacuum shreds them into nacho dust, which separates the oil out, which then accumulates all over the inside of the vacuum cleaner.  After a while, the "nacho butter" (oil, spices, small particles of corn, dust, hair, etc.) drips out the end of the vacuum cleaner all over the freshly vacuumed carpet.  I assume it also makes a nifty fire hazard inside the vac, suitable for roasting marshmallows for dessert.
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 11:38:40 AM EDT
[#1]

Budget Gourmet Swedish Meatballs.
Microwave 3 minutes. Butter, onion powder, eat.

I live on them.
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 11:39:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Use an electric shaver to finely grate parmaseano reggiano.
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 11:48:50 AM EDT
[#3]
from my moneyless college days, a good break from peanut butter and mac&cheese:

eggdrop mushroom ramen.
boil 1-2 cups water
add 1 package ramen noodles
add 1 4 oz can mushrooms
add 1 egg, stir rapidly
cook till noodles are soft.
yum! let's eat!

Link Posted: 7/8/2002 12:12:09 PM EDT
[#4]
From the college days of fraternity house cuisine (Phi Kappa Tau)....

Spam and Easy Cheese Sandwiches

1 Can Spam meat by-product substitute
1 Can Sharp Cheddar flavored Easy Cheese
2 Hotdog or Hamburger Buns

Open can of Spam. Use spoon or fork to transfer Spam gelatin to the hotdog or hamburger bun. Spread liberally.

Use sharp instrument to gouge chunks of Spam from the loaf. Arrange slices on bun. If desired, you may alternate layers of gelatin and meat by-product.

Squirt liberal amounts of cheese from the can on top of the meat/gelatin layers.

In the even that Squirt Cheese cannot be located in pantry, cold Velveeta slices will suffice.

Enjoy.

Serving Suggestion: Spam & Squirt Cheese Sandwiches can be accompanied by cold Spaghettios straight from the can.

Link Posted: 7/8/2002 12:39:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Chili-mac:

One box of the cheapest mac and cheese you can find
One can of the cheapest chili you can find

Cook mac and cheese per directions.  Then add can of chili.  Allow to sit for 5 minutes so the chili can heat up, preventing you from having to use the stove, and subsequently raising your electricity/gas bill.

Enjoy!  A new twist to an old favorite.

the_reject
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 2:06:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 2:08:37 PM EDT
[#7]
1 box of brocolli and cheese instant rice + 1 can of hormel premium chicken chunks.

Rince the canning juice out of the chicken in the can to get rid of most of the "canned" taste.

Mix the rice mix and chicken in a pot with 2 cups of water and a pat of butter. Boil it for 15 minutes. Eat. A good tasting meal for about 2.50.
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 2:14:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 2:18:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Darkhelmet - you beat me to it.  My formula however, is...

can of tuna
can opener
plastic picnic fork, spoon, or spork (for those special occasions!)
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 2:18:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:It's the edible version of Tuna Fish (I'm allergic to seafood).
View Quote

Agreed, I can't stand fish. I've got cases of hormel premium chunk chicken. The stuff in the green can, the little higher cost is worth the improvements over the blue can. Still looking for other kind of canned chicken. The swanson is OK.

Link Posted: 7/8/2002 2:21:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 2:26:56 PM EDT
[#12]
heres my favorite from my college days

1. can of split pea soup
2. church key opener (because you lost the real can opener)
3. a knife (because spoons are popular..and popular usually = dirty)
4. source of hot water (like a sink that gets pretty hot) NOTE: micro-wave ovens are great, but their price and convenience put them out of reach of this student
5. large beer mug (preferrably clean)

Take opener and punch apprx. 600 triangles into the top of can and try to open it without needing a tetanus shot (impossible!) Then pour soup into mug followed by the hot water. stir and try to break up large chunks with the knife.  put mug up to lips and enjoy liquid pea refreshment!

(this is not a joke, it always cleared my roomate out of the room when i brewed up a batch! hehehhehehhehehheeh)
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 2:30:59 PM EDT
[#13]
And you guys wonder why you can't get the Womenz?  

I impressed the hell out of them by cooking a gourmet meal for them when I was in college.

AFARR
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 2:35:30 PM EDT
[#14]
For you health freaks:

peanut butter and bacon on toasted bread!  Ohh man yummmmm.
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 2:41:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm pretty sure the reason my fat a$$ can't get womenz is directly related to food, and the fact I've eaten too much of it.
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 2:42:51 PM EDT
[#16]
oops, got a little off topic there. If its not done when you pour milk on it or you can't nuke it, i'm pretty much screwed.  Thats where Taco Bell comes in.....
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 3:19:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm pretty sure the reason my fat a$$ can't get womenz is directly related to food, and the fact I've eaten too much of it.
View Quote

[img]http://www.briansbelly.com/halloffame/images/homer_fatpride.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.briansbelly.com/halloffame/images/homer_mumu.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 3:40:11 PM EDT
[#18]
[img]http://000buck.d2g.com/vacation/mendutchovens.jpg[/img]

dutch oven jumbalaya, chicken stew, peach cobbler...mmmm
and bread from schats bakkery in bishop, kali.

this is my college cuisine.
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 3:55:17 PM EDT
[#19]
On the first day of my Senior year of college, my roommates had some of a giant BJ's Wholesale can of Dinte Moore (correct spelling?) beef stew.  The remains were stuck in a Rubbermaid container in fridge.  Fast forward eight months.  We are moving out of the apartment.  Beef stew still in fridge.  Has decomposed into gelatinous mass. Does it get thrown out.  Nope, a gift for next semester's inhabitants.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top