Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 8/29/2001 12:52:56 PM EST
Found out that to register for a conceal carry in N.C that if you're prior service, you must submit you're dd214 papers. Can anyone explain this one to me? I was honorably discharged over 14 years ago, never married, no kids, and usually hit a different state every 2 years or so (never settled down yet). Paperwork wasn't very important to me in my 20's, so god only knows where I might of put them (dd214's). My question: If N.C does this great background check, and I was honorably discharged, why do they need this paperwork? Won't the background check show that I was honorably discharged? Just pissed off at the system, and I'm afraid that if I have to call Harrison (isn't that personel?) that it will take at least a year to get a copy of those things (214's)
Link Posted: 8/29/2001 1:26:59 PM EST
Yeah and the 3 set of fingerprints. The medical forms which you have to take to your doctor, the local metal health place, and the local hospital. (which charges to look up your records even though you have never been there before)[rolleyes] Then you get everything notorized.(another $8) Then you wait a month before they call you to tell you your fingerprints weren't clear enough. Then you go back to give 3 more sets. Pain in the arse!
Link Posted: 8/29/2001 1:31:29 PM EST
Link Posted: 8/29/2001 1:41:56 PM EST
I live in NC and am also a vet, didn't have to show mine. I don't know who told you that, but all you have to comply with is North Carolina General Statute 14-415.12, perhap's all you need to prove is that your discharge was honorable, for if you have a dishonorable as you know, you can't own a firearm. If you need more info, visit the NC Attorney Generals Website. Hope this helps.
Top Top