Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2004 11:10:10 PM EDT
 I dont know what the deal is, I am running a wireless network and am getting on my computer and bam i know somethings up. I am running comcast cable and for some reason the internet is running really slow and my downloads are going incredibly slow. Can someone help please!

Thanks
Justin
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 6:31:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Are the activity lights on your WAN port (on the wireless router I'm assuming) active?  Have you secured your wireless network?  I'm thinking a few things:

1) Digital Cable is a shared bandwith (with your neighbors), too many neighbors on at once and bam, slow speed.

2) Wireless network has been cracked and someone is using your internet for you.  Unless you have secured it tightly, this is a very real possibility.

Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 8:41:29 AM EDT
[#2]
were running firewalls so i doubt someone else is on it, Its still slow lol.

Justinb
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 8:53:17 AM EDT
[#3]
try resetting your cable modem and router.......unplug....wait 10 sec plug back in.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 9:00:58 AM EDT
[#4]
ok

ETA just did that and its fixed!!!

Thanks all
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top