Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/4/2007 9:16:34 AM EDT
Here's one I finished up not that long ago.  It's a colored pencil rendering of a pair of...well...commandos.  The uniforms have the German Flecktarn Pattern, and they're armed with a pair of Israeli Tavors, but other than that there's nothing specific about them that puts them with any country's gang of ass-kickers--I think I meant it that way, or perhaps I was just lazy.

And here's a charcoal drawing I did back in the early 90's of everyone's favorite JBTs on one raid or another, getting ready to kick a little hide...

Link Posted: 12/4/2007 9:18:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Shortened HK94 and ATI stockset on shotties?
Early 90s...you don't say!

Very impressive drawings.
Have any other work?
Ever done any WWII or WWI stuff?
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 9:22:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Or maybe you're into the airforce theme...

In which case, here's a couple of JAS-39 Gripens.

Link Posted: 12/4/2007 9:22:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Looks like Choate stocks and forearms on the 12 gauges to me.  ATI's are cheap copies of those.

Nice work Wood!  You always were a good artist.

Hopefully you can get one of your books into wide distribution.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 9:31:13 AM EDT
[#4]
+ 1 on a great job as well as the WW2 stuff?
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 9:34:48 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Looks like Choate stocks and forearms on the 12 gauges to me.  ATI's are cheap copies of those.

Nice work Wood!  You always were a good artist.

Hopefully you can get one of your books into wide distribution.
Thanks, packin.  I've just finish up with Darktime.  Now I've got to work on a synopsis and query letter to send out to the agents--and finding an agent is going to be even more of a ball buster than writing the damn book!  

...I think I'm going to switch to short stories, and just hit the magazines (something I haven't tried before.)  Work up a rep, I guess, a following and resume, and then I'd be more attractive to a publisher or agent.

No matter which way you play it, it's a tough game to try and get in.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 9:35:04 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

i26.photobucket.com/albums/c132/Wooddevil/Gripens-1.jpg

Thats friggin badass! It looks like a snapshot.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 9:40:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Damn nice work, man.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 9:42:33 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Ever done any WWII or WWI stuff?
Yup.  I did this commission for the magazine World War II.  It was a while back, and my memory has never been my strongest suit, but I believe it shows (Comanche?) "Code Talkers," pinned down with civilians in a bomb crater.  I was rushed to get the drawing in, and the civies wound up looking too...fresh out of a Norman Rockwell drawing IMO, and seeming otherwise out of place (too clean) to be in a combat zone--especially the white-haired elderly lady clutching her grandson--but hey, it was on the cover (they just focused more to the left of the picture.)  

Still looks alright, though, I guess.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 9:49:23 AM EDT
[#9]
keep them coming.  i love pencil work
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 9:49:25 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

i26.photobucket.com/albums/c132/Wooddevil/Gripens-1.jpg

Fucking awesome.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 9:52:46 AM EDT
[#11]
Those kick ass.

Have any Navy ones like a Battleship broadside 16'' gun shoot? Or a Spruance Class
Destroyer firing tomahawks?

I would buy the Tomahawks one from ya.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 1:24:29 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Those kick ass.

Have any Navy ones like a Battleship broadside 16'' gun shoot? Or a Spruance Class
Destroyer firing tomahawks?

I would buy the Tomahawks one from ya.
Nope, nothing yet.  I'm thinking of starting up another Civil War Battlescene, though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top