Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/16/2005 7:57:57 PM EDT
What do you think?  I have no idea on the IPO price but they have filed with SEC thourhg bank of america.

old news I guess, but new to me!
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 7:58:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Buy like a mofo, public held will change their corporate policy too.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 8:00:22 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Buy like a mofo, public held will change their corporate policy too.

That was my initial idea too!  If we get 40 odd percent, we can actually kill the corporate AWB!  (of course as a safe queen 6920 owner, I am secretly harboring the hope that they discontinue the line!)
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 8:32:16 PM EDT
[#3]
The ultimate Group buy!!  
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 8:34:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Invest with your head, not with your heart.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 8:35:18 PM EDT
[#5]
tag. I want to hear what the experts say about this.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 8:49:23 PM EDT
[#6]
How much $$???? Sound good to me. I would buy.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 9:29:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Pretty cool. I have quite a few of the old "Colt's Manufacturing Company" stock certificates. They're not worth anything, outside of the collector value to a gun nut.
Guilty!
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 9:31:59 PM EDT
[#8]
I think I'd wait to see who gets the .mil contracts once the govenment decides on what the next rifle will be.

If Colt loses their government contracts (which at some point in the future, they are bound to), I think bankruptcy will not be far behind.

Just a total guess on my part - I don't actually know much about colt's finances or corporate strategy.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 9:36:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Ok... Im an idiot, what does this all mean?  

and wtf's an IPO?

Thanks....
Imma get flammed for this one
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 9:39:04 PM EDT
[#10]
The gun owners like you and me will not be the majority shareholders though.

Growth Funds like Franklin Templeton will be the principle investors most likely.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 9:40:33 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I think I'd wait to see who gets the .mil contracts once the govenment decides on what the next rifle will be.

If Colt loses their government contracts (which at some point in the future, they are bound to), I think bankruptcy will not be far behind.

Just a total guess on my part - I don't actually know much about colt's finances or corporate strategy.

No disagreement there. How else would I be able to own so many worthless Colt's stock certificates?  
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 9:40:52 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

and wtf's an IPO?

Thanks....

initial price (opps) public offering...they must be really hurting for money, and need bucks to keep their operation running. I don't know..........given the way that company is being runned, that stock maybe just good to wall paper the wall with, and not much else...........I don't think it would make good toilet paper.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 9:44:43 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

and wtf's an IPO?

Thanks....
Imma get flammed for this one

Initial Public Offering.....its when a private company goes public and tries to raise capital by selling ownership in the form of stock.....generally a very risky investment.....can offer huge losses or huge rewards....
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 9:49:00 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
The gun owners like you and me will not be the majority shareholders though.

Growth Funds like Franklin Templeton will be the principle investors most likely.

My GF is an anylist with FT. I will ask her if anything comes up.

BTW, is Colt still the leading supplier to other Nations? Do they still own Diemaco?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top