Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/14/2004 7:16:47 AM EDT
Just got off the phone with Colt and they said that "Our obligations to fufill military and law enforcemnt orders have priority and we will continue to meet their needs with our AR series rifles.  Our Match Target rifles in their present configuration will continue to be distributed.  Colt has no plans to offer any new features on our civilian rifles."  What a crock of horse shit!  They dont give a shit about us!  

Piss on Colt!  I was going to get a Colt AR-15 but they don't want my money so I will NEVER again buy any Colt product, gun or otherwise.  Statement should be on web site soon.

Contact Colt 1-800-962-COLT
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:18:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:18:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Wow, a 100 posts in a week.  Get out much?
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:19:03 AM EDT
[#3]
I crossed over to the armalite side, same quality as colt as far as I can tell.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:19:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Fuck Colt I have allways felt that way, they could care less about us lowley citizens but for some reason people continue to buy Colt
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:19:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:20:42 AM EDT
[#6]
You sir are a troll.

eta - with as much as you claim to call colt they are most likely just tired of talking to you.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:20:47 AM EDT
[#7]
I like Bush. . . . . .
and PIE.

Edited to add:

BTW, RockRiver, it seems you should start over again.  You really pissed some people off when you first started posting.  Wedge1082 in particular, and he is friends with Luke Skywalker.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:21:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:21:46 AM EDT
[#9]

Colt looks down on us serfs.

After finding out about their "safe" gun and they way they've perceived the shooting community, I won't be purchasing their wares. Lot's of other gun manufactures that are just as good.

Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:21:56 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Steyr Aug's Colt LEO Rifle Sale

Does their OFFICIAL stand really matter???  

yes
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:22:48 AM EDT
[#11]

They dont give a shit about us!

Why should they ?

Because, fill in blank; ___________________________________________________
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:24:01 AM EDT
[#12]
Colt is not in business "to care" about a market that they choose not to pursue.

Why are your feelings hurt over somebody else's business decision?  Grow a pair and buy your stuff from somebody else.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:24:35 AM EDT
[#13]
THIS GUY IS NOT A TROLL I just got off the phone with them and they said the exact same thing.  I asked why dont you guys care about the civilian market to which see replies we are focusing on our military and law enforcement obligations and then I said see if I ever purchase one of your products again.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:25:15 AM EDT
[#14]

Colt has always betrayed it's customers.  

Don't you remember that they stopped selling ar's to the public BEFORE the ban was law?  I do.

This is nothing new.

And their product is no great shakes.

Buy elsewhere.  

Ruger is the same kind of scum, they refused (and still do) to sell hi cap mags to the public BEFORE the bans.  

Boycott both.

Zen

This is my rifle, there are many like it, but this one is mine

Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:26:11 AM EDT
[#15]
But I forgot they said Law Enforcement so our dealers can order LEO Ar's and then Sell them to us peasants
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:27:41 AM EDT
[#16]
Colt's just a "one horse show".....
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:27:55 AM EDT
[#17]
The one thing that annoyed me about Colt was that they wouldnt sell components (like complete uppers, lowers, barrels, etc).

When I was building an M4gery, I had a ColtMT6601 and really wanted to keep it all Colt...but they wouldnt sell me an M4 upper....so I gave my business to Bushmaster and never looked back....almost 1000 rounds later and guess what....never a jam, FTF, FTE, or any other problem.

If Colt wants their niche to be supplying the government I have no problem with that...they certainly dont owe us anything...but that being said, I will take my business to the companies that offer us the products we want.

No drama, no hard feelings...I will just support other manufacturers with my dollar.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:28:23 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
But I forgot they said Law Enforcement so our dealers can order LEO Ar's and then Sell them to us peasants

then whats the problem?

the only think I would like them to do is make a 20" flattop rifle marked AR-15 A4.... I dont care if it says "LE only" or not.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:28:27 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
THIS GUY IS NOT A TROLL I just got off the phone with them and they said the exact same thing.  I asked why dont you guys care about the civilian market to which see replies we are focusing on our military and law enforcement obligations and then I said see if I ever purchase one of your products again.

Thank you!  I don't understand why everyone is calling me a troll.  I have a lot of post because I have nothing else to da all day but post here.  I have been lurking for quite some time and when I first registered here I had a lot of stuff to talk about.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:28:41 AM EDT
[#20]
I lost all interest in Colt when I read this

colt.com/mil/news.asp
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:29:02 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:30:09 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

BIG TIME!

Disregard this imbecile.  He knows about as much about COLT as Sonny Bono knows about snow skiing!
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:30:20 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

They dont give a shit about us!

Why should they ?

Because, fill in blank; They are a PC company that makes huge money from .gov sales and they are scared witless about getting sue for being a maker of "weapons of mass destruction"

Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:32:15 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
The one thing that annoyed me about Colt was that they wouldnt sell components (like complete uppers, lowers, barrels, etc).

When I was building an M4gery, I had a ColtMT6601 and really wanted to keep it all Colt...but they wouldnt sell me an M4 upper....so I gave my business to Bushmaster and never looked back....almost 1000 rounds later and guess what....never a jam, FTF, FTE, or any other problem.

If Colt wants their niche to be supplying the government I have no problem with that...they certainly dont owe us anything...but that being said, I will take my business to the companies that offer us the products we want.

No drama, no hard feelings...I will just support other manufacturers with my dollar.

Troll, TROLL.... TTTTTROOOOOLLLLLLL!!!!  

You are wrong! Colt is god, they are just pretending to piss on civi sales while they secretly love us and wish to offer us choice.  All things colt are great and wonderous all else is immitation crap!

Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:32:59 AM EDT
[#25]
I would liked to have added a Colt to my gun safe, but they are fairly aloof when it comes to dealing with the public.  As I recall, they were the first major company to drop and suck when the klintons came calling with their nuisance lawsuits.  I may be mistaken, but I think they caved in first.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:34:45 AM EDT
[#26]
You mean that the largest contractor for the military is more interested in filling those orders than filling orders for some guy? I think it sucks, but let's be realistic here. The military and law enforcement buy more Colt rifles than anyone in the civilian market. There are plenty of other manufacturer out there for the rest of us. Colt seems pretty intent on selling their rifles to the military and LE. As a company they have every right to sell what they want to sell. If you don't like it, don't buy it.  
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:37:01 AM EDT
[#27]
Don't have Colt, don't need Colt, won't pass up on a Colt if a real sweet deal came my way.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:40:19 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

BIG TIME!

Disregard this imbecile.  He knows about as much about COLT as Sonny Bono knows about snow skiing!

So if you call someone a troll for bashing Colt, keep your mouth shut when someone asks about Oly's.....sorry, I couldn't resist....
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:41:13 AM EDT
[#29]

I am a great believer in free enterprise and capitalism.  

Therefore, colt can sell what they want to whomever they want. And refuse to sell their wares to whomever they want.

But that sword cuts both ways. I can chose to boycott them based on how they do business.  That is how it works.

I will never throw them any business. They don't treat their customers well, so why should we throw money at them?  

I will do business with people who appreciate it.  

It's just that simple.

Zen

"This is my rifle, there are many like it, but this one is mine"  
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:41:44 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:41:51 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
So if you call someone a troll for bashing Colt, keep your mouth shut when someone asks about Oly's.....sorry, I couldn't resist....

I don't call this RETARD a troll for bashing COLT.  I call him a troll, cuz he's full of shit and just trying to stir up the shit.

Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:42:42 AM EDT
[#32]
And stop sending me IM's TROLL, I won't even READ THEM!  GO AWAY!
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:43:31 AM EDT
[#33]
IIRC, Heckler & Koch has the same policy of not dealing directly with the public.

They focus primarily on military and LE sales only.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:43:37 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't call this RETARD a troll for bashing COLT.  I call him a troll, cuz he's full of shit and just trying to stir up the shit.

it was only a joke, and I guess I missed the other thread that's got this guy on the hot seat....
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:45:33 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
There is a reason I prefer Bushmaster.

+1
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:45:39 AM EDT
[#36]
For all you calling me a lier, call Colt yourself instead of bashing those that took initative to do it theirselves.  I called Colt last week and they told me something different.  They said some models and AR-15 marked rifles would be released.  When their official statement came out, it said no.  So I am just reporting what Colt told me, don't call me a troll for trying to relay information.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:46:30 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

He knows about as much about COLT as Sonny Bono knows about snow skiing!

Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:53:19 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

you know mark you can be a real jackass sometimes
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:54:26 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

it was only a joke, and I guess I missed the other thread that's got this guy on the hot seat....

Gotcha!  And it's MULTIPLE THREADS!
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:55:15 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

BIG TIME!

Hey, lighten up on Sonny, he's a good guy, and very pro-gun. I had an oppurtunity to meet him before his untimely demise, he was the real brains behind the Sonny & Cher.

Remember folks, Colt isn't building ARs because 100% of their AR15/M16 production line is dedicated to the USA military. Remember this also, Bushmaster didn't even bother bid on the M16 contracts because they couldn't meet the rate the military wants them delivered, another words the govt wants them fast. Remember, we ARE fighting a hot war in Afghanistan and Iraq.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:58:05 AM EDT
[#41]
I'm bummed that Colt has turned into such a turd company. It used to be a very respected name.
I have a beautiful 45 gold cup out of thier custom shop that is prolly my favorite handgun. Also have a Colt A2 sporter. One of the original transition guns. Almost NIB. Its a shame the company has crapped out. If I can get a good deal though...I won't pass it up

Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:58:14 AM EDT
[#42]
I like Bushmaster anyway.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:58:15 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

I know, but this guy is really trolling.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:59:58 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You wont find a post that puts me in the hot seat because there is not one.  They just got mad because I posted alot my first day.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 8:00:46 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I know, but this guy is really trolling.

no I called Colt and they said the same thing give the Newbee a break, we should all be celebrating not fighting with eachother
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 8:03:55 AM EDT
[#46]
Colt's main interest right now is making sure our boys in the sand box have weapons.  Period.  They have a gov contract to fill and that is what they are doing.  Which is more important, you getting your toys or a soldier getting the tools he needs to stay alive.  

Go to a LE dealer and buy your gun!

Link Posted: 9/14/2004 8:04:50 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 8:05:06 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Remember folks, Colt isn't building ARs because 100% of their AR15/M16 production line is dedicated to the USA military.

They are NOT dedicated 100% to M16. They are building semi-auto ARs for LE. In fact they will continue to make civilian rifles without evil features. For some reason, they think civilians will not be able to buy semi-auto LE guns..... Somone needs to tell them their is no such thing as an LE gun, except in the Kommie states.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 8:07:27 AM EDT
[#49]
I walked into my local gun store yesterday and asked about a Colt 9mm (AR15) LEO on the rack.  The owner stated that Colt had already made it clear not to sale of their LEO rifles to non-LEO's.  I think the owner is afraid of losing his LEO dealership with Colt if sales to none LEO's.  

The shop owner has always been a good guy to deal with.  
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 8:08:17 AM EDT
[#50]
Guess what Colt does offer rifles with all the"evil features", if you live where the ban sunsetted. All of Colt's products are available to civilians now, what are you griping about?
Chuck
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top