Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/16/2001 9:32:39 AM EDT
Hi , I am a Police Officer and several years ago I bought a "Letterhead" Colt AR15A3 Tactical, model 6721. The rifle IS NOT marked "LE Only" and I have been told by BATF that as long as I was not only buying the rifle for resale and held it for a reasonable period of time to prove this that I can sell this rifle to any legal person. I knew I had bought a rare rifle because within a couple of weeks the rifles my LE buddys were buying are marked " Govt. & LE use only" on the receivers.The most recent issue of Shotgun News (pg 126)has a ad from "Mike G's Weaponry" listing one of these for sell, NIB, but no price. The ad also states "ONLY 134 MADE". I know I could call him and ask price but I try not to waste peoples time if I am not a serious buyer so my questions are : 1) Does anyone know if the number of 134 made is correct ?  2) Value on this rifle in 95% used condition w/ factory blue lable box and all? No , The rifle is not for sell at this time , only seeking info.   Thanks for all help. GOD BLESS
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 10:28:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Para, the ad is correct.  Only 134 of these rifles were made prior to the 9/1994 ASW ban.  More than 1/2 of those went to Colt employees.  The serial number is critical for value.  If it is a true pre-ban tactical rifle, the serial number will be BD000134 or below.  At 95% condition with the box and all accessories the rifle would be worth approximately $3,500 - $4,000.  If the serial number is higher than noted, then it is an LEO rifle only if it has the evil features such as a flash hider and bayonet lug, regardless of whether it is stamped correctly.  If the s/n is higher than noted then it must be converted to a post-ban rifle with the evil accessories removed before it can be owned by a non LEO.  At that point, it would be worth about $700 - $800.
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 3:17:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Fox,   Thanks for your reply. The rifle is at the station right now but when I go back to work Tuesday I will check the serial numbers.  Thanks
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top