Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/30/2004 9:51:53 AM EDT
Wish the search was working, cause I'm sure that someone has already asked this, but....

The bolt hold open feature with our subguns is not working with the plastic followers of the 32 rd mags.  The mags we have that contain metal followers are doing fine.  There are no failure to feeds or spring or lip probs, just bolt hold back on the plastics.  5 of 6 won't stay back after last round.  Colt says they have never heard of this problem with the plastic followers when I called them.

Any body have any thoughts, tests, solutions?  Thanks  alan
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 2:48:15 AM EDT
[#1]
All of our mags have the metal followers. See if Colt will send you new springs/followers. I always download the mag by 2 rounds. This probably wouldnt help the bolt hold open, though. Our Colt 9mm 's dont run well when dirty. Maybe yours need a good bath
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 5:04:13 PM EDT
[#2]
They are more finichy that the 223 version. Keep the guns super clean, and change the mag springs and followers.

HTH
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 10:52:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 5:20:01 PM EDT
[#4]
The new slick finish 32 rd mags with the plastic followers don't work nearly as well as the parkerized older ones with the metal followers. Several of the large LE agencies here use them and have had major reliability issues with the slick finish mags which were manufatured after 1995.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top