[#2]
Exceptional.
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 7:31:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Their country, their rules.
View Quote
Yeah but in this case, it's Marxist scum doing it to exploit OUR market.
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 7:37:38 AM EDT
[#4]

Legalizing usage but not trade is stupid and obviously creates or expands the black market and associated criminality.
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 8:04:26 AM EDT
[#5]
i had no idea so many arfcommers loved cocaine. Things you learn.
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 8:05:32 AM EDT
[#6]
WWIII is going to be really entertaining.
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 8:39:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
i had no idea so many arfcommers loved cocaine. Things you learn.
View Quote

I didn't know people still DID cocaine, but it's popular amongst upper middle class professionals at parties apparently

I've seen it and heard about it in so many different industries; it's pretty crazy. I know the same thing applies in the UK as well.
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 8:42:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
WWIII is going to be really entertaining.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/24/2022 8:44:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

This. Give me that pure Columbian uncut with no Chinese additives and a glass of Buffalo Trace on the rocks.
View Quote

Stop. I can't. Stop.
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 8:46:05 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Their country, their rules toot.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/24/2022 9:03:52 AM EDT
[#11]
Even if it was legal, I would not touch the stuff as I have seen first hand what it does to people. That being said, if you wish to partake knowing the risks, have at it, just don’t endanger children, drive, etc.

If it works for that country, so be it. Who knows? It might actually work there.
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 9:25:53 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Im scared to do any current coke because of the shit is been cut with.... bring on the pure stuff!!!
View Quote

If they keep it pure with no fentanyl, I'm in!  Legal coke and Columbian hookers, step aside Thailand!!
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 9:26:27 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 9/24/2022 9:42:49 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
As long as they go back to refining with ether I am good with it.
View Quote

Yep. Coke classic is best coke.
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 9:45:17 AM EDT
[#15]
Doubt it.
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 9:50:52 AM EDT
[#16]
Pablo is rolling around in his grave
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 9:57:43 AM EDT
[#17]
Sad to see so many druggies on ARFCOM....

This will bleed over in to our country and infect more of us with the complacency of being addicted.
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 10:04:11 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Fucking blow.
This is a move to syphon greenbacks from us, just like China's doing with fentanyl.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
'What is more poisonous for humanity, cocaine, coal or oil?' Petro publicly queried
Fucking blow.
This is a move to syphon greenbacks from us, just like China's doing with fentanyl.

This is how I saw it when I first heard about this move.

Legalize it and export it the Gringos and make bank......legally, this time.
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 10:20:04 AM EDT
[#19]
Finally somebody with the balls to admit the war on drugs is lost or should I say has been a scam. Darwinism will solve the problem as it has for thousands of years in the end. The addict's will die off eventually but it will be ugly for a while though. Prepare for the great snowfall if Columbia legalizes Cocaine, the price on the street will drop and every Columbian will think he's the next Pablo Escobar.
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 10:24:06 AM EDT
[#20]
Read "Kill the Messenger" it's eye opening.
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 10:28:12 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Finally somebody with the balls to admit the war on drugs is lost or should I say has been a scam. Darwinism will solve the problem as it has for thousands of years in the end. The addict's will die off eventually but it will be ugly for a while though. Prepare for the great snowfall if Columbia legalizes Cocaine, the price on the street will drop and every Columbian will think he's the next Pablo Escobar.
View Quote

People sell it on the street in Columbia already. Idk what if any criminal penalties exist there for possession or sale of smaller amounts, but I honestly can't imagine it will change much beyond the cocoa farmers probably getting even less money for their crops

I suppose Columbia will drop the "no aircraft outside of specific hours" rules also?...idk but it will be interesting to see how it shakes out.
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 10:30:51 AM EDT
[#22]
My tooth is killing me I tell you!  Killing me and I can't afford a plane ticket!  

Sounds like the GoFundMe 'trip' of a lifetime.

brb.

Link Posted: 9/24/2022 10:30:57 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

You know what they call a quarter pounder with cheese?
View Quote

Royale with cheese.
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 10:32:14 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 10:33:20 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 10:33:30 AM EDT
[#26]
I know where Artie Lange is going.
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 10:36:04 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Pablo is rolling around in his grave
View Quote

If he came back from the grave, he'd give it away for free, out of spite.  Pablo was not a nice fellow.
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 10:38:52 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

My buddy was in Columbia about 10 years ago and said he bought some coke off of a guy selling cigarettes outside of his hotel for some ridiculously cheap price (like $8 for a gram).
He said it wasn't like any coke he or his GF at the time had ever tried... apparently it was very pleasant and not "edgy".

So...there's something to look forward to I guess; Columbia's new gigantic tourist industry
View Quote

Thats the way grams are sold there. Sale of Coke is illegal, but sale of cigarettes is legal. Possession of a few grams is legal. You buy the cigarette, he gifts you the gram.
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 10:39:47 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

If he came back from the grave, he'd give it away for free, out of spite.  Pablo was not a nice fellow.
View Quote

He had his moments though...he built housing for the poor and blew up their government once
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 10:43:14 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Thats the way grams are sold there. Sale of Coke is illegal, but sale of cigarettes is legal. Possession of a few grams is legal. You buy the cigarette, he gifts you the gram.
View Quote

Interesting. He told me his GF mentioned that they should get more before they left to take back home and he just looked at her like:

Link Posted: 9/24/2022 10:43:41 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My buddy was in Columbia about 10 years ago and said he bought some coke off of a guy selling cigarettes outside of his hotel for some ridiculously cheap price (like $8 for a gram).
He said it wasn't like any coke he or his GF at the time had ever tried... apparently it was very pleasant and not "edgy".

So...there's something to look forward to I guess; Columbia's new gigantic tourist industry

Maybe they can fake being local, or maybe the people of Columbia are that nice, but there's no fucking way an obvious tourist is going to get a gram of good coke from a guy they'll NEVER see again.
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 10:46:45 AM EDT
[#32]
When in Rome
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 10:51:29 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Maybe they can fake being local, or maybe the people of Columbia are that nice, but there's no fucking way an obvious tourist is going to get a gram of good coke from a guy they'll NEVER see again.
View Quote

Idk about the laws or customs there, but my buddy bought more cigarettes (Latin American market Camels) off the same guy while he was there. That was his job appearntly: sell cigarettes and cocaine to tourists lol. Also, I'm guessing they stayed in an upscale western hotel as said GF had a lot of cash to burn. I'll ask him where exactly he stayed in Columbia.
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 10:54:44 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Idk about the laws or customs there, but my buddy bought more cigarettes (Latin American market Camels) off the same guy while he was there. That was his job appearntly: sell cigarettes and cocaine to tourists lol. Also, I'm guessing they stayed in an upscale western hotel as said GF had a lot of cash to burn. I'll ask him where exactly he stayed in Columbia.
View Quote

That some hotels might know which palms to grease so they can have their guy out there...na it's bullshit.  For that to work to attract tourists it would have to be advertised...Oh....wait.
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 11:01:05 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

That some hotels might know which palms to grease so they can have their guy out there...na it's bullshit.  For that to work to attract tourists it would have to be advertised...Oh....wait.
View Quote

The guy asked my buddy if he wanted cocaine when he was buying the cigarettes...he didn't have a sign up or anything lol. He asked him if he wanted more cocaine again when bought cigarettes the next time. Honestly that doesn't seem too odd... especially in Latin America

Edit: he was just one of those street vendors selling cigarettes like you find in every Latin American city. He wasn't IN the hotel.
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 2:18:28 PM EDT
[#36]
The Heat | "Are You A Narc?" | Clip HD

Also in this thread,narcs !  
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 2:24:45 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Sad to see so many druggies on ARFCOM....

This will bleed over in to our country and infect more of us with the complacency of being addicted.
View Quote

Wait till you realize how many alcoholics post in GD
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 2:29:10 PM EDT
[#38]
Would like to see the original ingredient put back into Coca Cola
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 2:30:01 PM EDT
[#39]
And just like that - every drug cartel in the entire world formulated plans to assassinate the president of Columbia.
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 2:30:15 PM EDT
[#40]
What can coke be used for besides getting high?  Just curious.

I've always thought grass would have been legalized sooner if the doper needle users had emphasized the flexibility of marijuana plant byproducts.

Another question:  Are people saying "Columbia" trying to be funny or are they that fucking stupid they don't know the difference between "Columbia" and "Colombia"??
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 2:32:26 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
As long as they go back to refining with ether I am good with it.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

If that’s what their people want the government should do it. The black market has definitely had a bad impact.
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 2:37:02 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

The guy asked my buddy if he wanted cocaine when he was buying the cigarettes...he didn't have a sign up or anything lol. He asked him if he wanted more cocaine again when bought cigarettes the next time. Honestly that doesn't seem too odd... especially in Latin America

Edit: he was just one of those street vendors selling cigarettes like you find in every Latin American city. He wasn't IN the hotel.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sounds like Cartagena when I was there last. Guy near the beach was selling sunglasses, cigarettes, weed, and coke.  

Link Posted: 9/24/2022 2:40:51 PM EDT
[#43]
Scarface - Debbie Harry - Rush Rush (Bentraxx House Remix)
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 2:56:21 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 3:03:22 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
What can coke be used for besides getting high?  Just curious.

View Quote

It's a local anesthetic. AFAIK, it's still used as a local anesthetic in the US, though I have no idea why/when it's used instead of the other similar stuff like novacaine.
Heroin is (was at least; it my have changed) a prescription opiate in the UK. Ironically it seems to have lesser withdrawal symptoms than the massive dosage oxycodone pills they used to push here
Methamphetamine is still prescribed for narcolepsy in the US as well.
Ketamine is still used as an anesthetic on humans for some specific purposes I don't know offhand. Also it's been approved as an antidepressant treatment, like the Biden children partake in
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 3:06:03 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Sounds like Cartagena when I was there last. Guy near the beach was selling sunglasses, cigarettes, weed, and coke.  

View Quote

I texted him but haven't heard back yet.
I wanna say they weren't by a beach in Columbia though. They went to 3 or 4 different countries and I'm pretty sure I recall him saying that he was sick of the beach by the time they were in Colombia lol.
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 3:08:35 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Hm.

This will be an interesting experiment. When a country legalizes and allows a product to be sold across its border, what happens to the completely entrenched criminal enterprise? Who is there to bribe now, and how can the cartel compete with Wal-Mart?

I bet Mexico sends a delegation, from both the feds AND from the cartels lol
View Quote

The cartel will supply Wal-Mart. Some of the main heads of the cartels or criminal groups have shifted into evolving their product and going legit.
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 3:32:33 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote
maybe it's just that common. Maybe the locals have a thing against stepping on their stuff, because they live there and know how trashed coke does them?

Where I am, you're not getting shit pot. Either stepped on or lots of skunk or stems and shit. Tourist or no. But, maybe it's like shine, they want the rep of having the best, and they only sell trash to addicts and people already gorked out?

I dunno. I think it's an interesting discussion. I do know when the supply is low, adulteration goes up. But when your uncle cuts it off the bush?

I still wonder how this will play out. I wonder how lucrative the enforcement effort is vs the criminal payoffs. Without either, then what happens? Like the Tyson foods of bam bam comes in and starts telling the farmers what the price is going to be set at and things like that. Will NATO countries shun them now? What happens when you quit playing ball? What will that do for prices worldwide, and for the giant fucking logistics train in place to move this stuff?
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 3:36:16 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

The cartel will supply Wal-Mart. Some of the main heads of the cartels or criminal groups have shifted into evolving their product and going legit.
View Quote
yeah, but

That's not how Big Business works. How much violence can a cartel continue to wield, without .gov support? You can work for us, or sell direct to CocaMart. People will turn on them and they will start winding up pig food. Cartels work because they made the most money. CocaMart can come in with cheaper logistics and pay better. Just like how chicken and pig and other farms have all wound up under ADM or whatever.
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 4:44:22 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
maybe it's just that common. Maybe the locals have a thing against stepping on their stuff, because they live there and know how trashed coke does them?

Where I am, you're not getting shit pot. Either stepped on or lots of skunk or stems and shit. Tourist or no. But, maybe it's like shine, they want the rep of having the best, and they only sell trash to addicts and people already gorked out?

I dunno. I think it's an interesting discussion. I do know when the supply is low, adulteration goes up. But when your uncle cuts it off the bush?

View Quote

That was my take on it.

I'm sure that Euros are in awe of the $12 fifths of Evan Williams when the visit here, just like any of us would boast about the $6 bottles of awesome local vodka in eastern Europe.

It's all relative.

Edit: how about those $11 bottles of Cuban Rum in Mexico? You're not getting anything remotely as good as that in the US under $25. It is what it is. It just so happens that Colombia and Peru make cocaine whereas we specialize in tobacco and whiskey
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top