Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 2/14/2021 2:10:26 PM EDT
The 2nd Cola Warrior Northwest event finished yesterday, and I would like you to give a huge thank you to all who attended and all of our amazing sponsors!

A huge thank you to the Cola Warriors who helped staff this event (for the 2nd time!)
@ORJeepGuy (icrpdmeself)
@CaliContractor
Jolly Green Juan
and a special mention for @AllAlphas as well for braving the frozen tundra to call hits at the range

Every event we have an amazing show of generosity from our sponsors and I hope that they know how much they are appreciated!
@03Screwlariat
Abe and Moe
ADW Knives
Aim Surplus
ALG Defense
American Defense MFG
Arisaka
Arson Machine
ATF Convenience Store
CherryBalmz
Craddock Precision
Criterion Barrels
Cutting Edge Creations
Damn Yankee Kydex
Esstac
Forward Controls Design
Geissele
Holdway Customs
Jolly Green Juan
Keep.Clear.Design
Macon Armory
MOA Targets
Night Vision Inc
SBF Custom Kydex
Taters Welding
Zero Day Consulting

There was 1 clear run (Jolly Green Juan)

Obstacle 1 (Rope Crawl) had 19 failures
Obstacle 2 (Beams) had 8 failures
Obstacle 3 (Heavy Metal Plate) had 11 failures
Obstacle 4 (Snowshoe pull) had 1 failure
Obstacle 5 (Cantilever [Back Spasmer]) had 20 failures

19 runners cleared rifle
10 runners cleared pistol
12 runners cleared chug

Run Times:
1 - Jolly Green Juan 23:17    ***High Overall and ran night vision***
2 - CaliContractor 32:13
3 - Shelbysguns 34:10
4 - Mk4Dubbin 35:06
5 - BMSMB 35:41
6 - Hopsbang 37:38
7 - BinaryOperator 37:56
8 - BoxofRox 39:12
9 - Judd 41:32
10 - AllAlphas 44:25    ***Fastest Pistol (25 seconds)***
11 - ORJeepGuy (icrpdmeself) 44:37
12 - The_Hermanator 45:10
13 - NEASGNoMercy 49:21
14 - RABActual 50:25
15 - NurseHolliday 51:14    ***High Combat***
16 - Yakrat101 56:00
17 - nickel_nine_59 56:36
18 - motas2002 57:20
19 - BlackTuano 61:20
20 - MrSprocket 61:25
21 - Kolat 62:35
22 - JoeyPacific 68:22
23 - Sortafast 70:37
24 - Splat2013 72:31    ***High Woman (also ran combat)***
25 - WildernessTom 73:45
26 - 7mm08 76:32
27 - MtnBlue 76:42    (Woman)
28 - davidrw5150 78:49
29 - HDLS 79:39    (Combat)
30 - MicsBuick 80:00
31 - Everythingisawesome +1 83:17
32 - Repp 84:24
33 - Bourbonator 88:24
34 - dlm1984 88:53    (Night Vision)
35 - uberactual 90:33
36 - Everythingisawesome 96:53    (Night Vision)
37 - Kelsgro 99:50    (Woman)
38 - uffdungrunmuff 101:00
39 - Mrs Shelbysguns 102:37    (Woman)
40 - Madcap72 107:30    (Combat)
41 - Bigstick61 127:52
42 - Seiran 135:52
43 - Vinbone 138:40
44 - trog53 146:34
45 - Sortafast 2 165:48    ***High Youth***
46 - Sortafast 1 177:62    (Youth)
Ran after closing ceremony - CPH 109:42

The event ran incredibly smooth this year. No visits from our local sheriff and no injured powerlines! Water freezing was a bit of an issue, but steps will be taken to rectify the issue in the future. Thank you again for being our valentine and me and my cohost @Splat2013 look forward to the next one!
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 2:12:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Amazing all around! Good job and thanks to Hosts and all involved who made this a great event.  Eager helping hands in every direction. Hopefully I can make the next one.

Hit up sponsors to thank for supporting Cola Warrior. Pics of gear and reviews on websites and social media. Spread the good word on the things you like and quietly message them with any improvement suggestions. It never ceases to amaze me the support and generosity they show!

Cola bros best bros (and sis')!
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 2:14:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you everyone for a great event.
Special thanks to JollyGreenJuan, @CaliContractor, @ORjeepguy and @AllAlphas for helping with staff things, we couldn't do this event without your help.

You guys asked for colder and more snow after last year..hopefully we got it cold enough for you, more snow would have been great but at least there was some! I think the lowest temperature I saw at the event was 6 degrees, but im guessing it dropped below that. Glad everyone didn't become a frozen icicle.

I decided to challenge myself this year and run combat class, I figured since I ran with a plate carrier and a helmet at classic I could do it at NW. Still managed to pull off high woman and 2nd for combat, wasn't expecting to take high woman this year. I had some great ladies to compete with  @BlackTuano, your wife is awesome and will be giving me a challenge! Props to her again for running, glad you guys could make it.

For the staff and early runners who saw my run they know how bad I was hurting, early runs were cold and wet. It was sleeting and just above freezing so there was mud and snow and I was soaking wet. On my run I was in tears because of my shin throbbing and I couldnt feel my feet, I seriously debated quitting on it but managed to finish. Cleared rifle without issues, but ran out of ammo on the spinner on the pistol side, just need more practice! Obstacles were rough, only got 2 (got 3 last event). Overall I was happy with my run considering I ran combat and in a lot of pain, can't really complain too much when I took high woman, but I still see room for lots of improvement.

Looking forward to competing at west this year, will be competing combat class again.

Thanks to @BMSMB for helping host again, couldn't do this without you. Plus you're my favorite valentine and colatine

Thanks to all of our sponsors, will be hitting you all up on social media with swag posts the next couple days. You guys are amazing and every event I go to I am amazed and what is donated.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 2:18:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Looks cold. Well done!
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 2:20:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Times look pretty harsh, bit most of the peeps I pace myself against are notably absent.

Link Posted: 2/14/2021 2:26:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Sounds strange. What kind of people would do such a thing.
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 2:37:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Range Information for anyone curious

Rifle:
4 clay pigeons @ 20 yards, shot off hand
1 MiniMo at 150 yards. Needed to get a headshot and body shot that would reset
8" & 10" gong at 200 yards
60% IPSC target at 250 yards
9" gong at 300 yards
14" gong at 350 yards
12" gong at 400 yards
18" gong at 450 yards
Full size IPSC target at 500 yards
16" gong at 535 yards

Pistol:
Texas Star at 20 yards
Freedom Spinner at around 17 yards
Coronavirus target at around 17 yards
Hostage Flapper at 15 yards
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 2:40:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Good times had by all. Would not change a thing.

Three out of five stars.
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 2:40:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Had a great time. 2/3 of the way home so far. Got down to - 22 on the wide open spaces last night.

Me and the Ms had a great time and look forward to the next event yall put on.
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 2:42:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Frozen cola is the only way to cola! Thanks for putting together an awesome event to come out and run for my first one ever.
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 2:47:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Had an incredible time guys.  Can't do enough thanks.  May our cola be forever frozen.

Thanks to the crew and sponsors.
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 2:53:04 PM EDT
[#11]
All kidding aside, thanks Splat2013 and BMSMB for hosting.

Thanks again to site staff and sponsors, pretty sure I came out ahead with all of the sweet prizes.

Challenging obstacles and course of fire, great motivation to start working out and stop missing so much.

10/10, will run again.

Link Posted: 2/14/2021 3:01:17 PM EDT
[#12]
The Mtn Dew popping off at the back of the firing line added a nice ambiance to it.  Sounded like a pistol round going off and scared the crap out of my kids.  It was like Nam or something.  But F it was cold.  Fun, But cold.  Took my feet nearly 3hrs to warm up on the ride home.
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 3:09:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Yeah, I had no idea mountain dew makes a viable mortar training round.
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 3:12:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Range Information for anyone curious

Rifle:
4 clay pigeons @ 20 yards, shot off hand
1 MiniMo at 150 yards. Needed to get a headshot and body shot that would reset
8" & 10" gong at 200 yards
60% IPSC target at 250 yards
9" gong at 300 yards
14" gong at 350 yards
12" gong at 400 yards
18" gong at 450 yards
Full size IPSC target at 500 yards
16" gong at 535 yards

Pistol:
Texas Star at 20 yards
Freedom Spinner at around 17 yards
Coronavirus target at around 17 yards
Hostage Flapper at 15 yards
View Quote
You maniacs did it. You finally did it. You've doomed us all!
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 3:15:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Did what?

ohhh, reading is hard >:D
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 3:19:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Did we mention how much we love our sponsors?
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 3:42:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Need pics, many more pics...
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 3:50:22 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 4:04:24 PM EDT
[#19]
Unbelievable "First" experience at Cola Warrior! K and L were great hosts and ALL the staff was top notch! Cannot wait until next year!

Look forward to defending my shared Title "MOST MEDIOCRE" Next Year as well!

I hope everyone made it home safely and look forward to seeing everyone again!

ETA: also a huge shout out to all the sponsors whose generosity is greatly appreciated!!!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 4:27:04 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Need pics, many more pics...
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/14/2021 4:32:46 PM EDT
[#21]
Getting ready to board my flight going back to Cali Cali.

Great event, great people, great sponsors.

Cold, soooo cold.  

Post Cola War depression is real. I miss all you crazy cola Bros/sisters already.  Can’t wait to chug again with all of you. < 2 months until the desert wastelands.

Link Posted: 2/14/2021 4:35:16 PM EDT
[#22]
1st attempt at the bonfire!
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 5:02:22 PM EDT
[#23]
Heart shaped Texas star paddles compared to the normal ones

Attachment Attached File

High woman and high overall uppers courtesy of Geiessle Automatics and ALG Defense with some icicles

Attachment Attached File

The frozen snowshoe pull (obstacle 4)

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 5:08:21 PM EDT
[#24]
MtnBlue and I are still on the way home after stopping in Butte for a warm bed and hot hotel shower. Pics to follow.

To quote my wife: "If I had known an upper AND a plate carrier were on the line I could have chugged that 6th soda!"

She gets it now. See y'all at West, re-zeroed and warmed up.
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 5:55:25 PM EDT
[#25]
Congratulations to all the survivors!!
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 6:32:55 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 6:50:02 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

How many shot that clean?
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 8:50:35 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I got hit by the first one and then the one in the fire hit the guy next to me  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The Mtn Dew popping off at the back of the firing line added a nice ambiance to it.  Sounded like a pistol round going off and scared the crap out of my kids.  It was like Nam or something.  But F it was cold.  Fun, But cold.  Took my feet nearly 3hrs to warm up on the ride home.
I got hit by the first one and then the one in the fire hit the guy next to me  

I took a mountain dew can to the arm back in CWNW2, all I got was a purple bruise.
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 8:53:25 PM EDT
[#29]
This was a great event, just the right amount of suffering all around. Thanks a ton to @splat2013 and @BMSMB for inviting us all to your frozen hellscape.

I'll get the event pics up as soon as I can, but I am currently living in the Salt Lake City airport because Dallas doesn't know how to handle winter.
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 9:13:34 PM EDT
[#30]
Congratulations! Sounds like a success. Well done.
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 9:27:36 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
This was a great event, just the right amount of suffering all around. Thanks a ton to @splat2013 and @BMSMB for inviting us all to your frozen hellscape.

I'll get the event pics up as soon as I can, but I am currently living in the Salt Lake City airport because Dallas doesn't know how to handle winter.
View Quote

Once a hobo, always a hobo...
Can't wait to see the pics!
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 9:37:15 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

Not for long! And we have Google Fiber at home so get ready for bandwidth!
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 10:33:17 PM EDT
[#33]
I made it home about an hour ago and started unpacking, but wanted to take a break to post in the thread before getting back into my regular routine.

First a big thanks to @Splat2013, @BMSMB and his parents for hosting us their scenic property and providing tasty meals!  I also have to express appreciation to the green giant, @CaliContractor, @AllAlphas and @ORJeepGuy for their work in getting everyone run in a safe and timely manner.

This event had a very unique feel, primarily due to the cold and wind, but minimal alcohol and fewer runners also played a part. I really enjoyed it, because it felt more cohesive - fires were a constant gathering point - and I was able to connect with some old friends, and meet many new faces.

This was definitely one of the more expensive events that I attended, but I came away with some additional cold weather gear and learned things which should serve me well in the future.

This event had fewer wizards than I'm accustomed to, but that's OK since my night run wasn't spectacular.  Failed one obstacle (rope) and lost a can on the chug, which didn't surprise me going into the event.  I was able to clear pistol, but rifle was another story.

This was the most challenging rifle course that I've seen at an event, and it's not like the targets were hidden. Some weren't exactly large, and the wind conspired against many shooters. Meanwhile, I could only see two or three of the 11 down range targets and only connected with one, which did surprise me. Now I want a clip on even more, but remember what I said about this event being expensive?  That takes it to a whole different level!
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 2:37:46 AM EDT
[#34]
Made it home to what feels like the tropics after Idaho.  

Stuffed my face with asada nachos from the taco shop.  

Back to training for West tomorrow. Gonna actually train for the chug after having my worst performance on that part. Need to hit the pistol range more too.  

This was definitely an ass kicking cola war across the board-  tough obstacles, cold temps, and strong cross winds while shooting laying in the snow/ice.

Will get some pictures and videos up tomorrow.

If you're on the fence about the cola wars, get off it and get to one. You'll be wondering why you didn't go to one sooner.
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 2:51:41 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Back to training for West tomorrow. Gonna actually train for the chug after having my worst performance on that part. Need to hit the pistol range more too.  

This was definitely an ass kicking cola war across the board-  tough obstacles, cold temps, and strong cross winds while shooting laying in the snow/ice.

If you're on the fence about the cola wars, get off it and get to one. You'll be wondering why you didn't go to one sooner.
View Quote

22000, that's a full house in post count poker.
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 2:53:16 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Didn't even notice until you mentioned it.

Thanks for sending tortillas!!! had some good tacos with them.
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 9:46:23 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I made it home about an hour ago and started unpacking, but wanted to take a break to post in the thread before getting back into my regular routine.

First a big thanks to @Splat2013, @BMSMB and his parents for hosting us their scenic property and providing tasty meals!  I also have to express appreciation to the green giant, @CaliContractor, @AllAlphas and @ORJeepGuy for their work in getting everyone run in a safe and timely manner.

This event had a very unique feel, primarily due to the cold and wind, but minimal alcohol and fewer runners also played a part. I really enjoyed it, because it felt more cohesive - fires were a constant gathering point - and I was able to connect with some old friends, and meet many new faces.

This was definitely one of the more expensive events that I attended, but I came away with some additional cold weather gear and learned things which should serve me well in the future.

This event had fewer wizards than I'm accustomed to, but that's OK since my night run wasn't spectacular.  Failed one obstacle (rope) and lost a can on the chug, which didn't surprise me going into the event.  I was able to clear pistol, but rifle was another story.

This was the most challenging rifle course that I've seen at an event, and it's not like the targets were hidden. Some weren't exactly large, and the wind conspired against many shooters. Meanwhile, I could only see two or three of the 11 down range targets and only connected with one, which did surprise me. Now I want a clip on even more, but remember what I said about this event being expensive?  That takes it to a whole different level!
View Quote

500 yards is a long way. I'm sure Shelby was taking notes for his range this summer.

Any obstacle or range videos?
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 11:21:01 AM EDT
[#38]
I didn’t get perma-banned!

Yes it’s possible to go to the great NorthWest, camp in a luxury SUV, eat deer, elk & cow, sit & stand around a campfire, listen to guitar playing ColaBro, do Cola Warrior things, meet old friends, make new ones, see and play with the cool toys and not get banned!

Thanks to all the sponsors, host, staff, runners and all who made this event possible,

Standby for pix...
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 11:29:52 AM EDT
[#39]
Kevin, Lauren, and all the other staff had this event running like clockwork. Very nicely done!

Thank you both for sharing your tasty elk with all of us!
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 11:46:13 AM EDT
[#40]
Attachment Attached File

AllAlphas on the Back Spasmer Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/15/2021 11:56:27 AM EDT
[#41]
I'm still surprised no one died.  
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 11:59:57 AM EDT
[#42]
I would die.  

That white stuff is terrible.
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 12:04:53 PM EDT
[#43]
That looks like the opposite of the swamp
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 12:05:56 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 12:38:09 PM EDT
[#45]
Pistol targets before hay bale backstop was installed and paddles were changed to hearts
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 12:43:27 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I'm still surprised no one died.  
View Quote

There aren't enough silkies on earth to withstand that kind of cold.
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 12:48:32 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

There aren't enough silkies on earth to withstand that kind of cold.
View Quote

It's true.

I'm pretty sure there are no pictures because everyone was too cold to take gloves off.
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 1:05:28 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Kevin, Lauren, and all the other staff had this event running like clockwork. Very nicely done!

Thank you both for sharing your tasty elk with all of us!
View Quote

Thank you, glad you enjoyed yourself!
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 1:56:28 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 2:36:28 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Thank you to the run hosts, sponsors, and overall awesome group of people that made NW2! I had an absolute blast! Met some great new people and got to see a few people I met at Flyover 3 which really made the trip awesome.

And best heckle award went to Splat and BMSMB with "You know you showed up for a shooting competition, right?"
View Quote

Was that after you said you brought no ammo?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top