Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2005 12:20:24 PM EDT
Some pics I found online - so far they're saying the USCG has rescued 5,500 people since the disaster began.......hard to find boat pics........seems to be the news media is only near helos.......

Victims arrive at Coast Guard base
MOBILE, Ala. (Sept. 1, 2005) - A Coast Guard helicopter rescue crew and paramedics from the Mobile area assist a woman onto a gurney at the Coast Guard base here today.  Critically ill patients from a Biloxi National Guard field hospital were transported to the Coast Guard base and transferred to local EMS.  U.S. Coast Guard photograph by Petty Officer 2nd Class NyxoLyno Cangemi

NEW ORLEANS (Aug. 30, 2005) - Coast Guard Petty Officer 2nd Class Scott D. Rady, 34, of Tampa, Fla., pulls a pregnant woman from her flooded New Orleans home here today.

Rady is a rescue swimmer sent from Clearwater, Fla., to help aid in search and rescue efforts in the wake of Hurricane Katrina.

U.S. Coast Guard photograph by Petty Officer 2nd Class NyxoLyno Cangemi

NEW ORLEANS (Aug. 30, 2005) - Coast Guard Petty Officer 2nd Class Shawn Beaty, 29, of Long Island, N.Y., looks for survivors in the wake of Hurricane Katrina here today.

Beaty is a member of an HH-60 Jayhawk helicopter rescue crew sent from Clearwater, Fla., to assist in search and rescue efforts.

U.S. Coast Guard photograph by Petty Officer 2nd Class NyxoLyno Cangemi

NEW ORLEANS (Aug. 29, 2005) - Petty Officer 1st Class Steven Huerta hoists two children into a Coast Guard rescue helicopter here today.

The Coast Guard has begun damage assessment overflights as well as search and rescue operations following Hurricane Katrina.

Huerta, 34, of Tampa, Fla., is an aviation maintenance technician stationed at Coast Guard Aviation Training Center Mobile, Ala.

U.S. Coast Guard photograph by Petty Officer 2nd Class Kyle Niemi

NEW ORLEANS (Aug. 29, 2005) - Flooded roadways can be seen as the Coast Guard conducts initial Hurricane Katrina damage assessment overflights here today.

Click the image above to view a high-resolution version.

Click here for another high-resolution image.

U.S. Coast Guard photograph by Petty Officer 2nd Class Kyle Niemi

C-130 aircrew delivers emergency response supplies
ALEXANDRIA, La. (Aug. 29, 2005) - A Coast Guard disaster assistance response team from St. Louis begins unloading relief and response supplies from a Coast Guard C-130 aircraft at Alexandria International Airport here today.

U.S. Coast Guard photograph by Petty Officer 3rd Class Larry Chambers

ALEXANDRIA, La. (Aug. 29, 2005) - Coast Guard incident leaders discuss response plans today at the incident command center established here. Coast Guard personnel are gathering information and initial damage reports from agency partners concerning Hurricane Katrina.

U.S. Coast Guard photograph by Petty Officer 3rd Class Robert Reed

ALEXANDRIA, La. (Aug. 30, 2005) - Capt. Frank Paskewich, commander of Coast Guard Sector New Orleans, looks out over the city of New Orleans to assess damage done by Hurricane Katrina. The Coast Guard is working around-the-clock to provide search and rescue missions, food and water delivery, and other disaster relief to victims of Katrina.
U.S. Coast Guard photo by Petty Officer 3rd Class Luke Pinneo

Sept. 1: A heavily armed Coast Guard sailor protects a facility in New Orleans.

In this photo, provided by the Florida Keys News Service, the U.S. Coast Guard cutter Confidence sails out of Key West, Fla., harbor Thursday, Sept. 1, 2005, enroute to the Mississippi Delta. The 210-foot-medium-endurance cutter is to serve as a command and control center for Coast Guard helicopters involved in post-Hurricane Katrina rescue operations. Onboard the vessel are relief supplies for storm victims including, bottled water, nonperishable food and clothing donated by the Key West residents andtourism-related businesses. (AP Photo/Florida Keys News Bureau, Dan Baker)

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 1:15:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Right on!  One of our guys just came back today after rescuing well over 240 people!  I'll be heading out Monday!

AST2 here waiting to go!
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 1:22:26 PM EDT
[#2]
I give the USCG a lot of flak, but they are doing a bang-up job, not only in the air but by sea as well.

Now back to your regularly scheduled USCG trashing:
I'll bet the CVN gets there before that slow-ass 210.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 1:25:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Those guys are doing a great job.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 1:38:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 1:43:18 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm glad that since I have a shotgun and pistol I'm considered 'heavily armed'

Good luck and godspeed boys...
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 3:15:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Some of MSST New Orleans training in Louisiana........hope and pray these guys are okay.....a couple were stationed at my MSST prior to their PCS move to New Orleans.  MSST is Maritime Safety and Security Team - units formed in the wake of Sept 11th to counter potential maritime terrorist threats.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top