Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/1/2002 8:07:59 AM EDT
Went to register my handgun since I live in Downtown Cleveland.  $10 to do so.  I'm an out-of-stater keeping my residency in another state since I intend to soon move back.  I go in and talk to a nice lady about getting this done and I start filling the stuff out and she notices that I have another states license.  She was very polite about everything but she said she would have to check on it since she thought it may be a problem since she thought I'd need an Ohio license.  But for now I paid the fee and got my thumb printed and was told that they'd get in touch with me today about the problem but otherwise if it turns out good, then I'd need to come in again in about 3-4 weeks to get my picture taken.  WTF?  So if it doesn't turn out well, I won't be able to keep a firearm in my place?  And now that I'm sort of registered, they have all my vitals.  Great.
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 8:15:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Did you buy the handgun in Ohio?
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 8:17:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Nope, came with me on plane ride from home state.
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 8:23:51 AM EDT
[#3]
In that case, since there is no (legal) concealed carry in Ohio, what made you decide to register it? I'm not pointing fingers or doubting your steadfastness, just wondering about what considerations went into the decision.
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 8:28:22 AM EDT
[#4]
I wanted to keep a gun in Cleveland for self defense of course and to keep my skills up to par.  I'm an airline pilot and since the September attacks, we are under strict scrutiny and just about anything on our records means loss of job.  It sucks but I just wanted to keep compliant to the Stalinist dictatorship.
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 8:33:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Roger that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top