Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/16/2004 12:05:19 AM EDT
Could someone please explain the difference in these terms to me? I'm confused, and I hate being igonrant. Thanks!

Link Posted: 10/16/2004 12:25:10 AM EDT
One bump before I go to bed. Please, help a noob out.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 12:27:17 AM EDT
Title 1 firearms are handguns, rifles and shotguns, non NFA.

Title 2 are NFA restricted weapons.

Class Three is a class of license issued by the ATF to those who deal in Title 2 weaponry.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 12:27:57 AM EDT
If you don't know, you shouldn't be posting here, dumbass.


j/k. I dunno either. Someone enlighten us!!!
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 12:28:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/16/2004 12:31:04 AM EDT by Noname]
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 12:30:38 AM EDT
I don't know for sure but I believe the term Class III is given to dealers who may transfer fully automatic firearms and destrictive devices through their business and purchase them from the original manufacturer. Title II, how it has been explained to me, is the classification given to fully automatic firearms and destructive devices that mandate the purchaser to obtain a National Firearms Act stamp that is approximately $200, an ATF or FBI background check, and local Law Enforcement endorsement. Title II devices are purchased from Class III dealers. In other words, if I understand it correctly, you do not have to have a Class III to own a full auto, but you do to sell them in your FFL store/business or to purchase them directly from the weapon's/device's manufacturer.

If any of the above is incorrect, please educate me guys.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 12:32:55 AM EDT
I'm not an expert in this area but:

Title II = the category of firearms/devices that includes machine guns, short-barreled rifles (SBR) <16" barrels, short-barreled shotguns <18", sound suppressors ('silencers') as opposed to Title I firearms such as rifles with barrels >16", shotguns with barrels >18" and pistols. A Class III dealer is a dealer who can transfer Title II firearms. A lot of people mistakenly refer to machine guns, SBR's, etc. as 'Class III guns' when in fact they are Title II firearms. Go to the M16 section in the AR-15 discussions and read all the links tacked up at the top of the forum. Follow any links and it should explain things clearly.
Top Top