Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/24/2001 6:41:37 PM EDT
This is hypothetical but if you are in a self-defense situation and you use a class 3 weapon (Full-auto, AOW, SBR Etc.) If you have the class three legally would you be in any more trouble than if you had used a handgun? Criminal liability? Civil Liability? Hasn't happened to me and I don't have any class 3's yet. Just a curiosity.
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 6:54:24 PM EDT
[#1]
NOT really, but don't let the media get wind of it!!!!

"Man guns down helpless intruder with machinegun"
And this time they wouldn't be fucking up the facts.

BISHOP
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 8:04:19 PM EDT
[#2]
legaly no but when u get sued HELL YA!
plaintiff is going to play it up to the hilt

"My client may have broken into Mr. Xs house but then my x waited and attacked him with a brutal weapon capible of shooting thousands of rounds a minute" if mr x had used a pistol perhaphs my client could still walk today"
etc etc

simple just use a regular gun
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 8:37:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Legally, you would enjoy the same defenses as if you had used a black powder rifle.  If you are faced with a deadly weapon self-defense situation, it does not matter what you use, as long as the force used was "reasonable" to meet the threat (if in your home, in most states, it only be that which will meet the threat that is "reasonably percieved").

Politically?  Who gives a shit.
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 11:52:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/26/2001 7:03:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Good point, don't want to tie up a good range weapon or your favorite IDPA/IPSC 1911 [;)]
Link Posted: 8/31/2001 1:49:39 PM EDT
[#6]
If that ever happened the national media would eat it up...Class 3 LEO signoffs would probably become almost impossible nationwide...Let s all hope it never happens.....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top