Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/18/2003 6:45:55 AM EDT
What a first class prick! I can't believe that he actually said this. What a slap in the face to the troops on the ground humping their asses off looking for OBL.

Clark: I'd have bin Laden by now

Washington Post

Retired Gen. Wesley Clark said Wednesday that President Bush should have tracked down and captured Osama bin Laden rather than waging war in Iraq, arguing that while the arrest of former Iraqi president Saddam Hussein was "good news" for the world, bin Laden's al-Qaida network represents a far greater threat to the security of the country.

Clark, a candidate for the Democratic nomination for president, sided with Bush on Saddam's future, saying that the captured leader should be tried by Iraqis for war crimes and that the death penalty should be among the possible punishments.

Back in the United States after testifying at The Hague in the war-crimes trial of former Yugoslav president Slobodan Milosevic, Clark used his first campaign event to accuse the president again of a "bait-and-switch" in the war on terrorism and to criticize Bush's decision to go to war in Iraq. "Capturing Saddam doesn't change the fact that Osama bin Laden is still on the loose, Osama bin Laden, the biggest threat to the United States," Clark said in Concord, N.H.

Bush, he said, should immediately refocus intelligence and military resources on the hunt for bin Laden. Clark said that, if he were president, bin Laden would be in custody already. "I would have kept the focus on Osama bin Laden," Clark said. "I would have gotten him. ... I would like to think I would have had Osama bin Laden and Saddam Hussein by this time."

Clark said that the United States should put immediate pressure on Pakistan to locate bin Laden and that he favored the creation of a joint U.S.-Saudi Arabian commando force. To free up intelligence resources for that mission, he said, the administration should turn over the hunt for weapons of mass destruction in Iraq to international inspectors.

Clark was in Europe at the time of Saddam's capture and said he felt constrained to criticize Bush's foreign policy while abroad, but he wasted no time upon his return to challenge the man he wants to replace. Charging that Bush and the Republicans will try to run against the Democrats as weak on national security, Clark said, "I'll put my 34 years of defending the United States of America ... against his three years of failed policies any day."

He also said the war in Kosovo that he led as supreme allied commander in Europe compared favorably in terms of cost and international cooperation with the war in Iraq. Clark also accused Bush of favoring photo opportunities over the feelings of the families of those killed in Iraq. "He'll go halfway around the world for a photo opportunity," Clark said, referring to Bush's Thanksgiving Day visit to Baghdad, "but won't go halfway across town for a funeral."

Clark also offered his recommendations for how to prosecute Saddam for war crimes. He said a trial of Saddam presents an opportunity for the Iraqis, with the help of the United States, to demonstrate to others in the Middle East "a true appreciation for the rule of law," but only if it is conducted according to international standards. "Doing it right will help us bring peace to the region, rebuild our relations with the world community and, ultimately, win the war on terrorism," he said.

Although Clark's testimony at The Hague was nonpolitical, his campaign found something from it to promote his candidacy: a letter former president Bill Clinton sent to prosecutors in the Milosevic trial. Clinton said Clark carried out his role in the Kosovo war "with great skill, integrity and iron determination." Earlier, Clark was criticized by retired Gen. Henry H. "Hugh" Shelton, former chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, who said Clark's tour in Europe was ended prematurely by the Pentagon because of "integrity and character issues."

www.ajc.com/news/content/news/1203/18clark.html
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 6:52:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Asswipe.

If you could have done better how come everyone that worked with you in uniform says you're an ass kissing incompentent jerkoff that only got where you got by sucking everyone's dick that you could find?

The more he talks, the deeper he digs his grave with his tongue.
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 6:59:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
(snip)

Although Clark's testimony at The Hague was nonpolitical, his campaign found something from it to promote his candidacy: a letter former president Bill Clinton sent to prosecutors in the Milosevic trial. Clinton said Clark carried out his role in the Kosovo war "with great skill, integrity and iron determination." Earlier, Clark was criticized by retired Gen. Henry H. "Hugh" Shelton, former chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, who said Clark's tour in Europe was ended prematurely by the Pentagon because of "integrity and character issues."

[url]http://www.ajc.com/news/content/news/1203/18clark.html[/url]
View Quote

Wow- a letter of recommendation on matters of integrity from Bill Clinton- now that's what I call the kiss of death for a political candidate (unless he's a Democrat...) [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 7:02:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 7:17:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Clark has no established philosophy on his worldview. None. All he does is contradict himself and parrot what other people say.

He is a loser and even democrats understand this.
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 7:32:14 AM EDT
[#5]
So let's drop his little bitch ass into Afghanistan and let him track down OBL himself.  Put his ass where his mouth is.  What a dick!  What is it with these politicians now days?  Oh well, at least their drivel is entertaining...[:|]
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 7:36:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Oh, he'd have "arrested" SH? Like he arrested Ratko Mladic? Or Arkan?

What a scumbag this guy is.
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 7:36:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Talk is cheap. Hindsight's 20/20.  I bet Clark would have been one of those fools calling for a Ramadan ceasefire in November 2001.  For cultural sensitivity. Loved how Bush didn't buy into that touchy-feely PC BS.
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 7:36:51 AM EDT
[#8]
By the way, it's been 3 days and still no answer from his campaign HQ on the question I sent regarding Clark supplying the armor for the Waco assault.

I'm not holding my breath, either.
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 7:38:05 AM EDT
[#9]
"Asswipe.

If you could have done better how come everyone that worked with you in uniform says you're an ass kissing incompentent jerkoff that only got where you got by sucking everyone's dick that you could find?

The more he talks, the deeper he digs his grave with his tongue."

BULLSEYE!!!! Clark is just another klinton jerk-off!!!

- georgestrings
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 7:41:29 AM EDT
[#10]
Gen. Weasly Clark don't sound like the kind of guy I want in the White House or in the Cabinet.
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 7:47:02 AM EDT
[#11]
no way he would have him by now
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 7:47:40 AM EDT
[#12]
Perhaps if our active duty military hadn't been cut down so drastically in the 90's, we could carry on a military operation in a country the size of California without completely draining our resources and this would be a non-issue.

That's the part that pissed me off THE MOST. There were many, but this was the biggy!

Seems his whole argument is that we are in two places at once. BFD. We fought a war throughout the Pacific and all across Europe AT THE SAME TIME once upon a time.
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 7:57:12 AM EDT
[#13]
When will we start hearing retorts of "bullshit" from the President's camp?  I'd like to hear some of these asswipes called to task over their absurd comments.
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 9:00:18 AM EDT
[#14]

Clark: I'd have bin Laden by now

Washington Post

"Capturing Saddam doesn't change the fact that Osama bin Laden is still on the loose, Osama bin Laden, the biggest threat to the United States," Clark said in Concord, N.H.

[RED]Duh.[/red]

Bush, he said, should immediately refocus intelligence and military resources on the hunt for bin Laden. Clark said that, if he were president, bin Laden would be in custody already. "I would have kept the focus on Osama bin Laden," Clark said. "I would have gotten him. ... I would like to think I would have had Osama bin Laden and Saddam Hussein by this time."

[red][AustinPower]Riiiiightttt...[/AustinPower].  Or should I say: [coughing]Bullshit[/coughing][/red]

Clark said that the United States should put immediate pressure on Pakistan to locate bin Laden and that he favored the creation of a joint U.S.-Saudi Arabian commando force.

[red]Man, he really believe in the Saudi, huh?[/red]

Clark said, "I'll put my 34 years of defending the United States of America ... against his three years of failed policies any day."

[RED]Whatever you say, President-wannabe-but-no-chance-at-all dude.[/red]

[url]http://www.ajc.com/news/content/news/1203/18clark.html[/url]
View Quote
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top