Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
1/22/2020 12:12:56 PM
Posted: 9/16/2009 11:10:20 AM EST
If anyone is looking for audio Bible commentaries to listen to on their mp3 player you can download
Chuck Smith's here for free.
I just listened to revelation. He has been around for awhile and is a good bible teacher.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 7:09:33 AM EST
Thanks! I have listened to this guy on the radio off and on for years. This will be a great tool for bible study[eyes going bad].
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 11:45:49 AM EST

Although Reverand Smith often preaches a good law/gospel sermon which should commended, he also teaches decision theology. He believes that an unconverted human being has a role to play in his own conversion. Lutherans such as myself believe that a person is purely passive in conversion. Faith is not a decision we make, but it is trust that the Holy Spirit works in us through the means of grace (the gospel in Word and sacraments). We believe that a person is purely passive in conversion because the Bible describes an unconverted person as spiritually dead (Ephesians 2:1, 4-5), spiritually blind (2 Corinthians 4:4), in darkness (Ephesians 5:8, 1 Peter 2:9, Colossians 1:13), and hostile to God (Romans 8:7-8). A person who is spiritually dead cannot "decide for Christ." He has no power to do so.

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 5:26:29 PM EST
Originally Posted By rm1bow:
If anyone is looking for audio Bible commentaries to listen to on their mp3 player you can download
Chuck Smith's here for free.
I just listened to revelation. He has been around for awhile and is a good bible teacher.

I have listen to him before.
In fact him or the other Paster at that Church Brian Brodersen are my favorite Pastors to listen to.

I have asked a few pretty knowable people about him and they did not know him.

I listen to the at work every day for a few moths. I have gotten away from doing that and I miss it.

I will use that link ! Thanks for the reminder
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 10:12:40 AM EST
I found a Calvary Chapel about 25 min from my house.
I just got back from from are first trip there........... I think we found are new Church
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 10:52:20 AM EST
Originally Posted By Glock9mmccw:
I just got back from from are first trip there........... I think we found are new Church

Congratulations Glock9mmccw, when you get a chance, let us know what happened over there today!

Thanks,

SAE

Link Posted: 9/20/2009 1:31:20 PM EST
Originally Posted By SAE:
Originally Posted By Glock9mmccw:

Congratulations Glock9mmccw, when you get a chance, let us know what happened over there today!

Thanks,

SAE

Sure I would like to do that.
Top Top