Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/12/2007 1:51:09 PM EDT
Anyone have any experience with them?  They're dirt cheap and I've read reviews online from others who have been pleasantly surprised with the reliability of the motors.  The biggest complaint has been from the hardware used to assemble them, seemingly made from poor quality alloys and steels.   But!  You can pick up a trail bike brand new with a warranty for under $1k.  Yes yes I know, they're made in China, but the same thing was said of Honda's back in the 60's being Japanese junk.  So lets hear your personal experience.
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 1:52:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Do it man and give an AAR!!
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 1:54:47 PM EDT
[#2]
the one I'm looking at is HERE
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 1:55:48 PM EDT
[#3]
My brother is a big moto cross and sand nut.  His kids are harder on equipment than anyone.  They had a chinese made bike.  It was like an 80cc.  It was OK for awhile but things broke easier.  I imagine it depends on how hard you use it and how easy and cheap parts are.  You have to realize they break everything.

Anyway that is my two cents.   It may be a gamble.
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 1:56:29 PM EDT
[#4]
My buddy bought them for his kids and had similar results with the fasteners. He basically replaced and/or locktited every fastener and has been happy with them for a few years.
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 1:59:05 PM EDT
[#5]
16hp
238lbs

what a pig
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 2:00:24 PM EDT
[#6]
You realize that "Made in China" is actually a WARNING, right?
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 2:02:25 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
16hp
238lbs

what a pig

Actually thats about average if not better than most 200-250cc 4 strokes regardless of manufacturer.  Even the 250 two smokes, hardly produce more than that.

And yes I already own two Yamaha's.  I'm just looking for a cheap trailbike.
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 2:02:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Go Honda/Kawasaki/Yamaha/KTM/Husquavarna or go home.
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 2:04:52 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

if it was me, I wouldnt want to get stranded out in the middle of the woods or dunes when that thing breaks.

Do you watch the show Survivorman  
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 2:06:39 PM EDT
[#10]
I would buy one of the small quads for a 5-6 y/o child but I wouldn't waste my money on the fullsize dirtbikes.  A buddy of mine bought a Chinese 50cc quad for his 5 y/o daughter and the thing is POS - the frame is not square, you can see the diamond shape in the frame when the quad is sitting on the back end with the front wheels pointing straight up.  He has also had to replace every suspension 'bushing' on the thing.  When his daughter physically outgrows the quad the bike will go in the garbage.

Brian
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 2:07:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Man those look pretty cool. I used to ride with a buddy who had an extra '99 YZ125. I loved that thing. If I were going to be riding trails or dunes in BFE I probably wouldn't do it. But since I would be riding cattle pastures and old logging roads where I hunt, I would probably do it. Don't be hard on shit and it will last longer than you think.
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 2:07:25 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

if it was me, I wouldnt want to get stranded out in the middle of the woods or dunes when that thing breaks.

Do you watch the show Survivorman  

No but I have rolls of elephant dung kept in a ziploc baggie which I squeeze and drink just for extra fibre in my diet, does that count?
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 2:08:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Three words:

Piece of shit

I raced motocross for 15 years, I kinda-sorta know what I'm talking about
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 2:09:06 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Three words:

Piece of shit

I've been riding motocross as well for 15 years, as I stated, this is not for motocross use.  Its for fire roads and hill trails.
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 2:19:14 PM EDT
[#15]
good luck getting a spark plug/air filter/oil filter for it
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 2:21:59 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Three words:

Piece of shit

I've been riding motocross as well for 15 years, as I stated, this is not for motocross use.  Its for fire roads and hill trails.

I stand by my POS statement.

What did the other poster quote, 18 HP for 238 pounds? The kids on bicycles will be smoking you.

It'd personally buy an old, beater dirt bike before that.

Link Posted: 10/12/2007 2:24:45 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
good luck getting a spark plug/air filter/oil filter for it

You MIGHT find a spark plug and you can always kludge a filter but good luck on any other parts...break a lever?  Like that NEVER happens?  

Link Posted: 10/12/2007 2:25:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Buy it!

They need the funding!
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 2:25:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Chicom dirtbikes? No way, I don't want to be exposed to lead-based paint!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top