Warning

 

Close
Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Cancel Confirm
AR15.COM
Previous Page
/ 5
Next Page
9/1/2017 12:36:31 AM EDT
My kid is 17 and child support will end next year.  For shits and giggles, I logged in the Texas OAG website to view my payments. One option is to download a PDF of all payments, and it shows the total amount paid.

I'm not going to give the exact amount, but it's enough to buy a nice house here in Houston.  A whole house, free and clear.

My ex has spent it frivolously.  Eating out, getting her nails done, supporting boyfriends, buying new cars.  It hasn't gone to putting a roof over my kid's head, because my ex lives with her mommy and daddy.  It hasn't gone to supporting my kid, because I've constantly had to buy clothes, school supplies, refill her lunch account, buy her a car, etc.  

A whole fucking house.  Frittered away.

There's no point to this thread except that seeing the exact amount shocked me.
9/1/2017 12:38:22 AM EDT
[#1]
That sucks.
9/1/2017 12:38:35 AM EDT
[#2]
feels bad man
9/1/2017 12:40:02 AM EDT
[#3]
And people wonder why I have such a shitty outlook on skank ass bitches.

This story is universal.
9/1/2017 12:40:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Soon.
9/1/2017 12:41:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Unfortunately I think that's more the rule than the exception.
9/1/2017 12:42:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Recipients of child support should have to prove to the court how the money was spent each month.
9/1/2017 12:43:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Sorry to hear OP, that sucks. Hopefully your daughter saw through her mother's extravagance and will continue to watch how that lifestyle deteriorates further after you're done paying.
9/1/2017 12:44:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Quote History
Quoted:
Recipients of child support should have to prove to the court how the money was spent each month.
View Quote
Yep. 

With no accountability it will be wasted. But we all know it is intended to be punitive anyway.
9/1/2017 12:44:48 AM EDT
[#9]
That really sucks. I would be livid. Guy at work has 3 girls his ex has custody of. He is constantly having to give them money and food.
9/1/2017 12:45:24 AM EDT
[#10]
9/1/2017 12:47:04 AM EDT
[#11]
I feel you OP. been there. when i scratched the last check and she realized the gig was up and the free cash wasn't coming anymore, she told me "fuck you, this is the worst thing you ever did". Ha, how is being homeless bitch? maybe she shouldn't have wasted every penny she ever had.
9/1/2017 12:47:16 AM EDT
[#12]
Yeah, money management at it's finest.  By choice I didn't stop paying child support until my daughter got married at age 20 and my son moved in with me fulltime at age 19 just because I knew she wasn't spending anywhere near what I paid for support on the kids.  When child support stopped her life of champagne wishes and caviar dreams came to a screeching halt.  She eventually lost her home to foreclosure and filed bankruptcy.

Living well is the best revenge. Or something like that.

eta Only 4 more years of alimony!
9/1/2017 12:47:40 AM EDT
[#13]
Ahh child support, Texas OAG and family law.

Fuck it all, it's government support and alimony by another name under threat of jail time.

My kid could have have had a college fund or business start up capital if the ex-wife actually had some responsibility. But she is too busy shitting kids out by different guys.

Judge don't care, OAG/Texas just wants their enforcement cut from the federal government and fathers get screwed.

Trump would understand our plight. He would throw a hand grenade into the system if he did away with Title-IV-D. Reform family law and watch divorce rates plummet when exwives realize they won't be getting primary custody and paychecks
9/1/2017 12:48:18 AM EDT
[#15]
Quote History
Quoted:
Recipients of child support should have to prove to the court how the money was spent each month.
View Quote
9/1/2017 12:48:26 AM EDT
[#16]
Sounds about right.

Next year you will be free, and your Ex will start calling you a terrible person for not continuing to pay her. To your kids.
9/1/2017 12:48:45 AM EDT
[#17]
Deny them your essence and make sure you don't get sperm jacked
9/1/2017 12:49:12 AM EDT
[#18]
It stands to reason that if ex-wife's lifestyle changes when child support ends, then the ex-wife has been stealing from the child.

Hopefully, your child will come to this realization.
9/1/2017 12:50:25 AM EDT
[#19]
Quote History
Quoted:
Recipients of child support should have to prove to the court how the money was spent each month.
View Quote
that would be a great idea
9/1/2017 12:51:20 AM EDT
[#20]
Quote History
Quoted:
Recipients of child support should have to prove to the court how the money was spent each month.
View Quote
Child support payments should be applied as credit to a credit card. No cash advances allowed, the payee should get monthly statements and should be able to file an online dispute if it's used for purchases unrelated to the child's needs.
9/1/2017 12:52:41 AM EDT
[#21]
Been there, done that.
9/1/2017 12:52:43 AM EDT
[#22]
Always a shame to realize that fine piece of ass, was really not that fine!

We have pretty much all been there...
9/1/2017 12:53:24 AM EDT
[#23]
Quote History
Quoted:


Child support payments should be applied as credit to a credit card. No cash advances allowed, the payee should get monthly statements and should be able to file an online dispute if it's used for purchases unrelated to the child's needs.
View Quote
Yep, exactly like my insurance HSA Visa card.  Fuck using a kid as a breathing ATM.
9/1/2017 12:54:13 AM EDT
[#24]
There's some of that "male priviledge" I've heard about.  The priviledge to get raped in the wallet by women in general and the system specifically.

G
9/1/2017 12:55:39 AM EDT
[#25]
Quote History
Quoted:
I feel you OP. been there. when i scratched the last check and she realized the gig was up and the free cash wasn't coming anymore, she told me "fuck you, this is the worst thing you ever did". Ha, how is being homeless bitch? maybe she shouldn't have wasted every penny she ever had.
View Quote
Serious question:  How is she doing after the gravy train stopped?
9/1/2017 12:56:15 AM EDT
[#26]
I have a stepson, who coincidentally turned 18 today.  When my wife and his father got divorced, she was awarded a whopping $108 a month in child support.  Throughout the years, the ex has progressed and makes a very solid living.  We got letters from Texas all the time basically begging her to go back and request more support since he made more money.

She refused, and I support her in that 100%.  We didn't need the money.  $108 a month is MORE than enough to support half a kid.  Since we didn't need it, my son has nearly $50k in investments he doesn't even know he has.  He enlisted in the Marine Corps.  He ships out in November.  I imagine he'll be surprised when he graduates boot and we hand him the account info....
9/1/2017 12:58:25 AM EDT
[#27]
1) don't date hoes

I don't know why guys can't understand this simple rule. 
9/1/2017 12:58:56 AM EDT
[#28]
Quote History
Quoted:
Sounds about right.

Next year you will be free, and your Ex will start calling you a terrible person for not continuing to pay her. To your kids.
View Quote
START calling me a terrible person to my kid?  You're about 15 years too late for that.  My kid, when she was very small, told me "Momma doesn't like you, but I'm not supposed to tell you."  

Number of times I've spoke ill of my ex to my kid:  Zero.  Number of time I've spoke ill of my ex to anyone else:  Too numerous to count.
9/1/2017 12:59:27 AM EDT
[#29]
Quote History
Quoted:
Serious question:  How is she doing after the gravy train stopped?  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
I feel you OP. been there. when i scratched the last check and she realized the gig was up and the free cash wasn't coming anymore, she told me "fuck you, this is the worst thing you ever did". Ha, how is being homeless bitch? maybe she shouldn't have wasted every penny she ever had.
Serious question:  How is she doing after the gravy train stopped?  
Not good. Daughter moved as soon as she could. She burned every bridge she had. She is not liking the real world of earning what you get.
Why do you ask? .... nevermind you are op. I didn't realize. Just thinking about her got me all defensive.

Edit: added last line.
9/1/2017 1:00:03 AM EDT
[#30]
In before @Hornet22 & @GovtThug tell you you're wrong and that all the money is needed for the childrens!!
9/1/2017 1:01:34 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
My kid is 17 and child support will end next year.  For shits and giggles, I logged in the Texas OAG website to view my payments. One option is to download a PDF of all payments, and it shows the total amount paid.
I'm not going to give the exact amount, but it's enough to buy a nice house here in Houston.  A whole house, free and clear.
My ex has spent it frivolously.  Eating out, getting her nails done, supporting boyfriends, buying new cars.  It hasn't gone to putting a roof over my kid's head, because my ex lives with her mommy and daddy.  It hasn't gone to supporting my kid, because I've constantly had to buy clothes, school supplies, refill her lunch account, buy her a car, etc.
A whole fucking house.  Frittered away.
There's no point to this thread except that seeing the exact amount shocked me.
View Quote
My SIL was getting child support until her son turned 18. She is a moron with personal finance. So, child support ended in 2006, her main job for years got hit hard by the economic downturn so she gets laid off in 2009. She ends up getting a job at a car dealership but she's not selling a lot, and then she decides to buy a brand new car, not a used car, a new car. And not at the dealership she worked at. She goes deeper into debt and, who knows how or why she didn't hit her fiscal cliff sooner, files for bankruptcy in 2010 and a bank forecloses on her condo, who knows how she afforded the down payment on that. So she gets back on her feet again with a full-time job, but later says her boss is mean and quits her job in January 2012.... without getting another job lined up, and had a $900/month rent for a 3-bedroom rowhouse, for two people... I kid you not, she has not had a full time job since. Moved in with her parents in 2014. Now, she has leased a BMW 320. Where does the money come from?
9/1/2017 1:01:50 AM EDT
[#32]
Quote History
Quoted:
It stands to reason that if ex-wife's lifestyle changes when child support ends, then the ex-wife has been stealing from the child.

Hopefully, your child will come to this realization.
View Quote
She already realizes it, because she asked me once if I paid child support.  I said yes, and left it at that.  She thought about it and asked me what her mom spent the money on, since I pay for everything and mom lives with her own parents.  

She's so mature in some ways, and she said she knows her mom's lifestyle is going to implode.  She also said she's worried her mom will try to sponge off her as an adult.
9/1/2017 1:02:04 AM EDT
[#33]
A buddy of mine who has 3 kids just checked the total amount of support that he's given so far, and the figure was shocking - over $130k - and his kids are only 17, 14, and 12.
9/1/2017 1:05:02 AM EDT
[#34]
Quote History
Quoted:


Not good. Daughter moved as soon as she could. She burned every bridge she had. She is not liking the real world of earning what you get.
Why do you ask? .... nevermind you are op. I didn't realize. Just thinking about her got me all defensive.

Edit: added last line.
View Quote
The reason is that I wanted to live vicariously through you for a bit.

Maybe that makes me a bad person, to take joy in another's pain, but I'm not apologizing.
9/1/2017 1:05:59 AM EDT
[#35]
Quote History
Quoted:
Recipients of child support should have to prove to the court how the money was spent each month.
View Quote
yup
9/1/2017 1:07:09 AM EDT
[#36]
Divorced, no kids, paid over $100,000 in 5 years just in almony.  I know how it is.

Was laid off in year 4 of alimony payments, entire salary from new, less paying job went to her that year.

I'm better now. been 6 years since that final check.
9/1/2017 1:09:12 AM EDT
[#37]
Occasionally, some threads in GD make me sorry we didn't have kids when I was married years ago.  This isn't one of them.  

I don't mean to sound like I'm gloating.  I am sorry for all you guys who have been through the wringer with the courts at the hands of ex-wives and their lawyers.  It can't have been easy and I'll never understand or appreciate the sacrifices you all have made to help your kids and comply with the courts.  Good on ya for doing it though.  Hopefully, your kids are at least somewhat better off.
9/1/2017 1:10:07 AM EDT
[#38]
I here you, i have 17 years left for my two boys and i am willing to bet that the end result for my ex will not be so much different than yours, squandered on dumb shit. i went from 90k per year to about 65k per year during the Obama draw down, and she couldn't and can not understand cutting back.  The mortgage for the house i bought as the height of the market was an ass kicker with the pay cut, and she could not comprehend not taking a couple vacations a year among other things.

fast forward to today,  we are amicable, and the time that i am spending in the middle east right now is going to be spend sureing up the next 20 years, Debt, savings, investment, property, ect...  Ill be back by the time the boys are in 1st grade or so.  

i am very open about not being crushed by a mortgage which was a major factor in the decline of the marriage and have intentions on getting a mobile home/prefab/trailer/modular home and having that bitch paid off right from the door. a quarter acre and 1200-1400 square feet is what it is no matter what way you cut it.  when i suggested that she should consider doing the same, she balked at it and said she could never live like that.

she is currently renting a luxury townhouse for  around 1600 a month before utilities without a nickle to her name.  

she is a teacher and i give her 1600 a month.  I am not at all bitter, my boys will have a nice play to stay while i am overseas, and about 17 years down the road, ill have a modest house that has been long paid off, a nice amount of property in WV and a nice retirement, she will have nothing. no pension because like her marriage, she was never content with her choice and has bounced around.  She cashed out her 401k to move into her townhouse.  her parents who moved in with us well before the separation are currently living with her. her mother watches our boys, the dad is waiting for a big job that will never come, he is too proud to go to home depot and stock shelves or something.

best part of the whole thing,  they have 80 plus paintings/artwork from artist ranging from Rothco to Picaso, over a 100 Persian rugs bought in Dubai, at least 4 rolex's, a handfull of other expensive his and hers watches, countless high end bags like LV, Gucci, and channel.


i am almost certain that they could liquidate assets and at the very least get into a nice, doublewide trailer, and live comfortable. save some money for a few years, then maybe get something nice.


Nope full speed ahead...
9/1/2017 1:11:10 AM EDT
[#39]
You should print out that report and give it to your daughter and ask her how much of that benefited her.
9/1/2017 1:11:38 AM EDT
[#40]
Quote History
Quoted:


The reason is that I wanted to live vicariously through you for a bit.

Maybe that makes me a bad person, but I'm not apologizing.
View Quote
She is an evil,fucked up bitch that is reaping what she sowed. She suffers everyday for her stupidity.
Pay what you have to and love your child. You are almost there. When you are done with her Treat yourself with something you would not normally spend money on. I remember less than a year.
9/1/2017 1:12:13 AM EDT
[#41]
Quote History
Quoted:
You should print out that report and give it to your daughter and ask her how much of that benefited her.
View Quote
All fathers should when they ask for help in college.
9/1/2017 1:17:58 AM EDT
[#42]
Quote History
Quoted:
You should print out that report and give it to your daughter and ask her how much of that benefited her.
View Quote
For what benefit?  A stab at my ex?  Yeah I'll do that here with you guys, but I don't see the point with my kid.
9/1/2017 1:20:31 AM EDT
[#43]
Saw this even as a child with friends moms

fucking disgusting
9/1/2017 1:21:20 AM EDT
[#44]
Quote History
Quoted:
All fathers should when they ask for help in college.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
You should print out that report and give it to your daughter and ask her how much of that benefited her.
All fathers should when they ask for help in college.
It's not my kid's fault that the State of Texas and my ex conspired to rob me.  

I can't hold what happened against my kid.  I plan to help my kid in college, just like I planned all along to help my kid as a child.  

I would be able to help her more with college if I wasn't being robbed, but I can't help that.
9/1/2017 1:29:19 AM EDT
[#45]
It could be worse.


I became interested in the family courts after I saw a friend of mine destroyed.  We're not talking your average divorcee, this guy was a "winner".  ...until he wasn't.

He divorced in the early 00's, gave up his primary home to his ex, including all furniture and toys.  ...no problem.  He also paid for his kids private school tuition, healthcare, and paid a monthly child support payment after taxes, that is more than most arfommers make.  

That went on for many years, then 2007-2009 brought some challenges.  

The guy had a string of "business setbacks", you might say a perfect storm of bad luck.  But, he maintained his luxury child support.  He tightened his belt. Sold his property, sold his toys, liquidated his investments.  Finally, when things weren't turning around for him, he tried to negotiate with his ex.  She wouldn't have it, so she, and her attorney, took their "private divorce"...to the government.  Child Support Services got involved.  

Though he provided his children with a home, that he had paid for, and that he maintained enough income stream to provide for their the utilities, food, their clothes and insurance, he couldn't quit float the $45k annual private school tuition.

...and for that his house was surrounded in a multi-agency task force,  he was cuffed and arrested, and taken to jail.  His ex's lover from a wealthy Jewish family had pulled some strings and had some friends in law enforcement round him up during a publicity "sexual offenders" warrant round-up.

It made the news, his mugshot and all.  

You can't quite overcome that.   My friend was destroyed.
9/1/2017 1:31:05 AM EDT
[#46]
Quote History
Quoted:
For what benefit?  A stab at my ex?  Yeah I'll do that here with you guys, but I don't see the point with my kid.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
You should print out that report and give it to your daughter and ask her how much of that benefited her.
For what benefit?  A stab at my ex?  Yeah I'll do that here with you guys, but I don't see the point with my kid.  
Truth, Honesty and Transparency.   Children, are little Adults.  

"You asked me one time about the child support I was paying....Here's the totals."
9/1/2017 1:33:15 AM EDT
[#47]
Quote History
Quoted:
It could be worse.


I became interested in the family courts after I saw a friend of mine destroyed.  We're not talking your average divorcee, this guy was a "winner".  ...until he wasn't.

He divorced in the early 00's, gave up his primary home to his ex, including all furniture and toys.  ...no problem.  He also paid for his kids private school tuition, healthcare, and paid a monthly child support payment after taxes, that is more than most arfommers make.  

That went on for many years, then 2007-2009 brought some challenges.  

The guy had a string of "business setbacks", you might say a perfect storm of bad luck.  But, he maintained his luxury child support.  He tightened his belt. Sold his property, sold his toys, liquidated his investments.  Finally, when things weren't turning around for him, he tried to negotiate with his ex.  She wouldn't have it, so she, and her attorney, took their "private divorce"...to the government.  Child Support Services got involved.  

Though he provided his children with a home, that he had paid for, and that he maintained enough income stream to provide for their the utilities, food, their clothes and insurance, he couldn't quit float the $45k annual private school tuition.

...and for that his house was surrounded in a multi-agency task force,  he was cuffed and arrested, and taken to jail.  His ex's lover from a wealthy Jewish family had pulled some strings and had some friends in law enforcement round him up during a publicity "sexual offenders" warrant round-up.

It made the news, his mugshot and all.  

You can't quite overcome that.   My friend was destroyed.  
View Quote
He got arrested as a sex offender?

I think I missed something.
9/1/2017 1:34:57 AM EDT
[#48]
Quote History
Quoted:


He got arrested as a sex offender?

I think I missed something.
View Quote
He got rounded up WITH sex offenders
9/1/2017 1:35:42 AM EDT
[#49]
I helped raised some girls that weren't mine.  Their dna dad did nothing.  Zilch.  Nada.  Never even wrote them.  What shocks me is how outstanding they all ended up.  I'm very proud of each of them.
9/1/2017 1:37:50 AM EDT
[#50]
My ex took me back to court one year ago today!  They took close to 400 more out of my check per month. My daughter graduated in June of 2016, so she took me back to have it raised.  She found out I had gotten a raise ..
I was hit hard because that 400 was for me and my kids. I spent it more wisely in them than she did.  She's a financial mess. Well it's been a year since that day and also a year since my daughter has spoken to me.  The ex told her if she continued talking to me, she wouldn't help her at college with the money she got.  I no longer had a way to help my daughter with expenses cause I had told my daughter I would give her 200 a month.

I ended up taking a job at Gander Mountain and her dumb ass attorney intentionally took 5 months to send the letter to my primary job. They continued deducting and took my IRS refund because I was arrears.  It was a mess. My son is in band and I had to sell some guns and pawn the few I didn't want to give up.  I figured I would get them out with the 2017 tax refund.  Then that was gone. I have always paid for things my kids needed for school. She wouldn't.

September 2016 was looking bad. Things got a little better when the Gander job came. Then...
I met my girlfriend. She and I went to High school together and she had gone through a hard chapter. She lost her husband to an oilfield accident a few years ago.  She and I started talking and saw the type of man I am.  She is well off due to the lawsuits and has helped me out in so many ways.

I found out 3 weeks ago that my ex is pregnant. Pregnant at 40!!!!  My son turns 18 in 2019 and she doesn't get a cent of the 1000 they are taking anymore. People who know her think she got pregnant again so she can keep getting child support.  I feel sorry for the guy she's taking to court. Cause if it's the guy I'm thinking , he's about late 40s and is already paying for two little girls.  

She is pure evil. We have been divorced since 2002.
Best thing is come today I enjoy another raise and she can't take me back to court for 3 years which by then my son will be 18 and with me. He can't stand her .  I have more things than I did before.  I have money now in my pocket and guns in the safe to replace those I lost.  
Just remember. Never give up guys. A year ago I thought I was going to be in bad shape, but it has turned around for me. I miss my daughter like hell though. It's so sad. She has a beautiful heart, but it got twisted like her mothers.

Sign up to continue the discussion

Create a free account to share your thoughts, follow topics, and connect with the AR15.COM community.

Already a member? Sign In

Previous Page
/ 5
Next Page