Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/11/2006 8:04:02 PM EDT
I have a Chicago PD jacket, it has a PD patch on the shoulder with a black trapezoid filled in on the edge.  Because the trapezoid is colored in, it's obviously not a duty jacket.

Frankly I think it looks stupid, and I am thinking about cutting that patch off and having it replaced with a new patch so it's indistinguishable from the real thing.

I live in Los Angeles, so I doubt there would be much confusion about impersonating a police officer... do you guys think I'd get in any trouble replacing the patch?  Also, if I can find it, I have a KMFDM patch that looks very much like the Chicago flag that goes on the other shoulder but it has KMFDM in red letters where the four red stars go, so that might set it apart as not the real thing.

Thoughts?
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 10:02:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I wouldn't wear it all with the patches on it. Just to keep the po-po off your back.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 7:04:00 AM EDT
[#2]
yeah i probably wouldnt risk it by wearing it.  I would keep it as a collectors item!
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 7:23:01 AM EDT
[#3]
I've seen a few people wear them here in Illinois and they were obviously not police officers.  Although I don't think I've ever seen them in Chicago.  It probably wouldn't be a problem in CA, but you never know.  Adding a couple other obviously 'non-official' patches would help too.  If you want to make it look authentic, then I probably wouldn't wear it.

Then again in CA with actors everywhere, probably no one would notice.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 7:42:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 7:43:36 AM EDT
[#5]
While I've seen "Genuine Chicago Police" jackets (a specific type of leather duty jacket) with patches on them in IL and Chicago proper, fromm a ccompletely hassle free standpoint, if I were going to hang patches on one, I think I'd do a search for the old Chicago Police "teardrop" style patch (you can get the "special police" ones on eBay - I didn't do a thorough enough search to find one of the original ones yet). That way, since the patch hasn't been used in nearly 20 years, there shouldn't be any problem with "impersonation".
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 1:04:32 PM EDT
[#6]
I don't know if i'd be comfortable wearing it out just for the mere fact that I'd like to stay under the radar.  You don't know who's watching you and will try and jump you thinking you're the police.  I have a CPD patch that I took off an old shirt that i'd be willing to trade.  
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 3:55:53 PM EDT
[#7]
If you are wearing it and do something "stupid" while wearing it.   I bet you'll have a little more "Splanin" to do.  

Just my JBT .02 for you.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 10:48:08 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
If you are wearing it and do something "stupid" while wearing it.   I bet you'll have a little more "Splanin" to do.  

Just my JBT .02 for you.

You mean like juggling five balls at once?  
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 4:12:35 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just my JBT .02 for you.

You mean like juggling five balls at once?  

Kinda,   depends if they are human or animal.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top