Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/12/2005 7:02:58 AM EDT
anyone heard anything about this area? on my way there in a day for relief work.

TIA
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 7:14:17 AM EDT
It's not a place you will find to be very homey right now. Chalmette is just east of New Orleans East where the Industrial Canal broke. Most of that area is still under lots of water.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 7:15:32 AM EDT
How about Harvey, LA. Anyone know if they got flooded out?
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 7:26:06 AM EDT
From what I've seen of emails from some Entergy guys, most of the west bank seems to be in pretty good order. Trees down, power outages, and some flooding during the storm, but supposedly the power has been restored to almost the whole west bank and other stuff is being cleared and restored quickly. I'm not positive, but I think folks are being allowed to return to their homes and businesses on the west bank (Jefferson Parish west anyway). Jefferson Parish east is allowing folks to enter in groups to go work on or check their houses, but they're still recommending that you don't stay there for any length of time.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 8:09:10 AM EDT
thanks, heading out to some sort of camp to set up food ops for ~3000 i'm told-both relief and others. Heard it's kinda bad there about.

Top Top