Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/28/2001 4:24:50 AM EDT
A gun dealer(not a Class 3) in my town just got busted. Apparently an ex-employee had been calling around for silencers from Class 3 dealers and the ATF got wind of it. 2 ATF agents walked in the other day and offered to sell a silencer. The owner/manager(new owners son) took the bait, they cuffed him and took him away. They had been in business for 30 years by a previous owner.
Link Posted: 4/28/2001 4:28:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Why did'nt he just fill out the paperwork, pay the tax and be square?  Sounds like a bonehead move to me.
Link Posted: 4/28/2001 4:34:04 AM EDT
[#2]
The new owner let his son run the place. He is only about 25, without a clue. I knew this and kept my distance. He wanted me to set up shop(gunsmithing) in his store. Got a bad gut feeling from him from the get-go.
Link Posted: 4/28/2001 8:29:26 PM EDT
[#3]
So was it ignorance or attitude?

[red][size=4] P.R.K.
Link Posted: 4/28/2001 8:39:43 PM EDT
[#4]
It was a bonehead move - but then on the other hand - it also it a bonehead law...

If we make people pay a tax on a device that saves their hearing - the world will be a safer place.

Don't know about the rest of you out there but I am sure glad my government is looking out for my best interests and are getting these dangerous devices off the streets.  I like to hear gunfire - lots of it!

[sniper]
The Sniper
Top Top