Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/30/2001 8:11:36 AM EDT
I was at a gun show, looking at a table full of knives, and I asked the guy if he had a Columbia River model M16-01F Carbon Fiber folder.

He looks me in the eye and says, "No, they're not making it anymore. The little fibers can come out of the handle, get imbedded in your skin and KILL YOU."

Me: "Uhh..OK. Thanks."

This has got to set a new record for Gun Show bullshit. [%|]
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 8:17:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Yeah Carbon Kills. Were carbon based life forms after all.
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 8:24:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Is the knife coated in teflon by any chance?  If so, the fibers cutting you and letting in the teflon could kill you.  Teflon is toxic.  Don't use an old scratched up teflon pan that some idiot used a metal spatula on either.  It can make you very sick or worse if you eat it.  Oh, and don't drink any teflon based CLPs either.[xx(][;D]
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 8:44:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 8:47:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I thought Teflon just made a trip to the bathroom go a little faster...
View Quote

nono, that's mexican food your thinking about.
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 8:51:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Must be a really crappy grade of carbon fiber [:D] that Taiwanese stuff.  (No offense to any one from Taiwan, that is where the knife is made)

Ice
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 9:09:54 AM EDT
[#6]
I've never heard of carbon fiber splinters killing any one.  I worked for a little while in a composites development lab after school, and people were always getting splinters.  The tough thing about them was they didn't provoke a festering response, so the only way to get them out was to cut them out.  Luckily, we had one engineer that was pretty handy with a razor blade and needle.
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 9:19:45 AM EDT
[#7]
I know a woman who got splinters in her hand from a carbon graphite golf club that shattered. They didn't get all the splinters out. That was two years ago. She just had the 7th surgery on her hand. Infections, tendon and nerve damage...
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 12:24:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 12:28:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Nah, pressure treated lumber splinters are worse.  Festering green infection will turn even the most hardened stomach.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top